1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Maintenance - July 14th, 2017

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Poofcakes, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:06 PM
    Moderator Post
    For those absolutely against it, are you against it because they became cheaper in general or because they are too cheap?

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    My complain is mainly because i see it excesively low. 3.1k was an unfitting number for the votes and all that. I did an edit on my answer from before, but mainly round it to 3k (for the fun) or in a serious tone, 2.5k to make 2 washes per vote instead of 1 should be nice enough IMO. with the current new price you can do too many washes per day, and i know is tedious, and i know a lot of ppl wont think the way i do (mainly because a lot of ppl like the easy stuff too much) , but that would make things excesively easier. (lets not forget is not added on purpose, is just to take advantage for your char, so it shouldnt be excesively easy)

One thing is removing the tedious factor of things, but for me is more tedious the "you cant enter the boat because is getting ready for departure" than doing 4 washes per day on a char that is living the leech life like a ton of ppl do

3. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    11:06 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    People think it's like, making the players that played beforehand suffer slowly.
    And then kill them completely and THEN putting up this patch.

But idk im just glad it's gonna be a thing now I really wanna get over washing already

4. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    12:06 PM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    It should've been a thing before and tbh you're a bit of a betch for it not

but its for the good of the server in that it will keep the new players playing and encourage old players to possibly venture into creating a new character/s if they haven't already

I wouldn't budge on it

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ReeseJChang

ReeseJChang King Slime

Jun 2, 2017
    Male
    Zetto
    Buccaneer
    Amity
    Reasons people are against this change about AP reset:

1. Unfair to older players who have spent/saved a ton on nx to wash their characters to their content.
    2. No refund for those older player's previous nx spent on washing.
    3. AP reset became to cheap therefore its becoming "easy" for newer players or "easy" experience in general aspect.

Truthfully, I really do not understand the complaints being made. Was the 5k FREE nx from simply voting every 24 hours not a privilege already? Yes indeed it is a shame for those who had already done their washing for their character. those who had to saved up 100k or more nx just for washing their character. Sure, it is a shame, but I feel like there is no logic in those who are complaining. These are FREE privileges provided to players and what makes it any different than an temporary event to lower cost of AP resets? People will still complain. This just a world where a lot of people who just cannot be satisfied from what is given to them.

I am a fairly new player so of course in all aspect I am not bothered by new changes, and yes I had spent a good amount on resets as well. Although I am more happy about this change as it can help me to reach my goal faster. It is all your own decision to begin with, whether you chose to wash your characters. It is quite unfair that the staffs are getting the heat at the moment. There also need to be a realization about running a server is not an job for them, but an hobby. A hobby that they enjoy. After the past two weeks of server issues due to Ddos attacks, surely stress piles up for any of them. While still trying hard to implementing changes and constantly trying to improve the server. So I appreciate any effort that are being made from them as I finally found the enjoyable Maple experience again. Then again, nothing can stop people from complaining. That is just how this world works.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    3:06 AM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    Cheaper in general for me. I feel like i've been absolutely screwed and this change has made me seriously consider deleting my NL and starting over again.

I disagree with what you said earlier
    Having washing take such a long time sort of keeps things in balance. Most people wash to a reasonable level of hp to survive certain bosses, which does take a long time and that's what keeps washing at a reasonable level. It reduces the challenge because at the moment we still have people dying at HT but after this change? i don't think so. The people who will have the luxury of starting a character with this change in place can wash to incredible levels of HP and will be too OP and subsequently render DK useless, which is something I know you don't want but I believe it will become a reality.

Edit -
    I forgot to mention the meso advantage it gives to those players who will have the luxury of washing to higher levels of HP than us in the same amount of time we spent. Potions that heal your HP by a percentage make that a reality too. For example, I may have to Pot at a ration of 1:1 potion per hit and the other person can now have a ratio of 1:3 potions per hit which is unfair in my eyes because i was not afforded the same opportunity as them.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 7
  7. Rin

Rin Slime

Feb 12, 2017
    8:06 PM
    RinShimazu
    Hermit
    Captivate
    Summer event HYPE ~~~~
    Cheaper AP reset and a BUNDLE ??? HYPE OVERLOAAD

8. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    For the classes which gain hp the hardest like nightlords you need like 40 washes in order to survive horntail at the appropriate level. That takes less then a month of voting, which you need to get to lvl 155 anyways. Anything more is just to make the game easier, and in my opinion making the game easier shouldn't be easier then it now is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    Paladin
    I say just keep the price how it is

• Agree Agree x 14
  10. MightyOwl

MightyOwl Red Snail

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Roaches
    Brawler
    *Reaching level 30 a week ago*
    "I got 33 luck and I want to reset it and become luckless, Let's spend all the nx I got to reset it"
    *Most of the luck was reset into int*
    *patch notes: ap reset price decreased*
    "......."

11. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    Hmh feels kinda wrong, the AP reset price. Kinda wanted it to be more like 2,5k per AP reset and 10k for 5. Or leave it the same price and make only AP reset bundles a thing. Getting enough vote cash to wash a character is a time consuming thing but knowing that the classes who really need them can a ton of damage, I think it will be a terrible idea to make them so cheap. Sorry.. OnionCoffeeJ

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Sloth

Sloth Master Chronos

Mar 5, 2017
    Male
    3:06 AM
    Raphiel, Trivia
    Bishop
    Home
    Too cheap.

13. Esset

Esset Blue Snail

Feb 12, 2017
    Male
    Odyssey
    Beginner
    What is the reasoning behind not extending the event? The server has been pretty unplayable during weekends when im off work

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    the rewards were shitty anyway

15. gurkha

gurkha Horny Mushroom

Apr 14, 2017
    Male
    isreal
    Gurkha
    Assassin
    dijbouti
    Legends had the same ap reset price past 2 years and it was an amazing server still amazing, like others said you can get to ht with 40 washes 1 month of voting its not months and months.
    Just dont touch the ap resets you will regret it later

• Like Like x 3
  16. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    Fairly new player here who haven't washed yet so obviously this is a positive thing for me. Even then I feel you guys overdid the price cut. It's not really that much washing you need to do HT on a thief/bowman. By effectively reducing washing prices to 41% the long term effect will be that we'll have a bunch of highly washed classes who won't need HB at all. Kinda how it is over at royals. Unless you you guys are planning on releasing PB there's really no need to make washing this cheap. I'd feel a good compromise between pandering to both old and new players would be resets at around 2K each instead.

17. bunniescool

bunniescool Horny Mushroom

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    1:06 PM
    Bunniescool
    Night Lord
    Animals
    AP resets are way too cheap and the bundle makes it even cheaper. The changes are way too big for a simple patch note. A slight price reduction was needed, but with this change, it just makes HP washing seem more mandatory rather than a luxury. This problem isnt an easy one to solve, but we should only be making small changes to a larger system.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

6:06 PM
    The price cut is a slap in the face.

I agree with making them cheaper. That much cheaper literally doubles the amount of AP resets you get. So considering the patch isnt released, id change the price asap. And i would HIGHLY RECCOMMEND either rewarding or refunding the people who have been most affected by this.

What exactly do you want legends to be like now?

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    After seeing both sides and having my own opinion, we've decided to balance it a bit up by favoring both new and still caring about the old users that took a lot of effort getting where they got.

Therefor its changed currently to following:
    1 AP reset for 2,500 Vote Cash
    A bundle of 5 for 10,000 Vote Cash

I am personally against keeping how it is due to the mentioned thread (here) but I still want listen to the current user base and balance it between both sides. Thanks for the feedback.

How recent would recent be in your opinion?

How would that be fair for the older users though? A refund for recent purchases would mean that only a small % will get refunded while older uses won't. We feel like that would be even a bigger stab for the older users.
    ---
    Feedback is still welcome, but remember that feedback remains feedback.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Phantom

Phantom Horny Mushroom

Mar 27, 2016
    Older players are pissed due to their end game legit getting cucked. These same players are near perfectionists if you haven't already noticed. With the new generation having a wayyy easier time to wash, they will easily power creep them as they'll be able to tank big hits faster of course more efficiently. If pb ever becomes a thing, all the old players excluding Ghost (i actually dont remember if he even has enough) have to straight up remake. In addition these new players will be able to also perform better at bossing events such as horntail anego and bodyguard if they choose to wash to the lengths we expect them to as they will be able to tank just about any hit thrown. In essence the old players feel they will straight up just get outclassed by the new wave, and no compensation is just scalding gravy. No one likes the feel of power creep. Sure the old players will have strength over the newer players, however its also been noted by the same players that legends is getting progressively easier compared to the days prior where we essentially had an economic hell. In addition, what would once be considered strong items no longer holds its charm as they are much easier to create, which is another benefit these new players have, the ability to catch up with a fraction of the effort. You've rejected the ideas of the older players in the past, but yet you choose to grant them now, where is the fairness and equality in that. It seems as if the once small community for which you longed for has suddenly sprouted to which care is no longer provided to its roots as new ones may easily replace it.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1