1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 Odd stutter that happens every 5-10 seconds

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by tsootso, Nov 29, 2021.

1. tsootso

tsootso Mano

Nov 19, 2015
    Male
    7:59 PM
    Tsootsoo
    Bishop
    Convinced my partner to switch to MapleLegends, however, she has these odd half-second stutters that happen every 5-10 seconds.

I defragmented all her drives (fresh installed ML to SSD).
    Adjusted config file accordingly.
    Turned down graphics.
    Tried to see if it was caused by any USB devices (even with all plugged out the error continued).
    Ran as admin.

I remember that there used to be this issue where the game was looking for a controller to be connected and you had to plug a random controller with a relevant program for the stutters to disappear but here this doesn't seem to be an issue.

If there's anything else that I could do to get those stutters to disappear, then please advise me accordingly.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    tsootso

tsootso Mano

Nov 19, 2015
    Male
    Tsootsoo
    Bishop
  3. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    Hmm, add the MapleLegends.exe and the MapleLegends folder in Windows Defender exclusion list : [​IMG]

Also, try to run the game in compatibility mode like this :[​IMG]

4. OP
    OP
    tsootso

tsootso Mano

Nov 19, 2015
    Male
    Tsootsoo
    Bishop
    Thanks mate, I did both of these and unfortunately the issue remains. The game is in a playable state, just incredibly risky at high-level places.

5. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    Maybe this will fix by itself when the next patch will come, I got no other ideas what might cause this.

• Friendly Friendly x 1