1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

x2 DROP RATE EVENT

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by BwanDit, May 30, 2015.

DO you want a x2 drop rate event?

Poll closed Jun 1, 2015.
  1. Yes

36.8%
  2. No

52.6%
  3. x1.5 drop would be better(?)

5.3%
  4. x1.2 drop would be even better(?)

5.3%
  1. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    3:46 AM
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    Hey,

Since there has been quite a bit of downtime, sifting through bugs and sorting things out etc.

I was wondering whether it'd be too much to ask if the server was to have a little drop event for 24 hours when everything is sorted out?

I know it's not your guys' fault due to somebody being a little bitch and crying about getting banned or whatever the reason they're DDoSing for, but I thought that a x2 drop rate event would be good as it'd get people to start the grind again!

The only reason I suggested a x2 drop rate event is because it won't have as much impact as a x2 XP event, sure if someone is farming for those 24 hours then they'd make what they would in 48 hours, but still. It's a minor.

Personally I'd love a x2 drop rate event! F3

If you think this is a stupid idea and that it will affect the economy too much, then imo it won't. Due to the fact 50% of the economy is from Gacha anyway, increasing drop rate for 24 hours will only change mob drops not gacha, so IMO it won't make that much of a difference.

Then again, I don't know how much x2 drop rate would affect mobs and that, but I heard x2 drop rate coupons were being considered, so a x2 drop rate event will show us how OP it is I guess.

This is all considering that the Admins accept the idea in the first place, please vote as to whether you'd like it or not.

2. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    10:46 AM
    Not until they fix LMPQ first, or else you'll see people jumping from 50 to 70.

Also perhaps 2x is too much, maybe 1.2 to 1.5x would be better, and not the entire 24 hours, but maybe increased rates for 1 hour every few hours or something like that (that's how MSEA did it at least), seeing that our drop rates for some items are already higher than GMS rates by a bit.

3. OP
    OP
    BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    Yes, I see what you're saying.

1.2 - 1.5 does sound better to be honest.

Does drop rate affect the drop rate of those tickets specifically the x50 tickets?

For example, if the drop rate was x2 in LMPQ, it means it has x2 chance to drop tickets. However, it doesn't mean x2 chance to drop 50 Tickets as the Tauromacis can also drop 1 ticket, so it would be increasing the rate of ticket drops by 100%, therefore you would still sometimes get x2 1 tickets? Even so, 50-70 isn't too big of a jump, it's an event and I don't mind if a lot of people jump from 50-70 as it's only low levels.

4. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    10:46 AM
    Tauros only drop 50x tickets if I recall correctly as someone mentioned. 50~70 is not that easy of a grind (if you look at grinding ludi/GS mobs), which is already much easier thanks to LMPQ, increased drop rates would make it too easy. Right now I believe levelling from 50+ is easier than 45~50 on mobs/LPQ because of broken exp on LMPQ.

5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    8:46 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I'm kinda afraid if we start having exp/drop rate events every time some script kiddy attacks the server, then our own players will start doing it just to have an event. I say avoid exp/drop multiplier events at all costs.

• Like Like x 5
  6. OP
    OP
    BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    Well it's not necessarily JUST due to the lag, there's also that slight problem with the bug on stackable items.

Plus the server (yes, the server is relatively 'new') hasn't had a drop rate increase before, or any event of that type.

The only events we've had are the jump ones and GM buff events, which are good, but some of us don't really benefit from the events, sure HS is nice, but if you know someone with a HS mule it doesn't make any difference.

I understand where you are coming from, but if the community is like that, then some people just need to take a break and have a kit-kat.

7. JohnCena

JohnCena King Slime

May 10, 2015
    Male
    7:46 PM
    Cena
    Chief Bandit
    Risque
    I see no problem with this, +1 from me

8. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    4:46 AM
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    2x would be to high imo, would for example be possible to get like 8+ gfa60`s in an hour with that if you are lucky :poop:
    something between 1-2x would be much better if we get one OnionRelax

9. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    7:46 PM
    NSFW
    I say we should leave the rates as they are no matter what. I think earlier I said that I might like increased drop rate possibility but I've changed my mind since then