1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

People who've been here from the start quitting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Plaudible, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plaudible

Plaudible Slime

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    3:00 PM
    Plaudible
    Ranger
    Valhalla
    I don't know, I started a day or two after April 1st, met a bunch of lovely people who played this server. After 2 months or so, I noticed many started playing less and less, now Dalmascus and many people in my guild as well who used to play exclusively this server have left.

I know it's a bit of a pointless post, but what I want to point out here is many people who got to "end game" on this server seemed to have gotten really bored. There's a lack of things to do. You can only boss and grind for so long before getting tired of things. There needs to be more content for players to absorb at this point. Early on when I was leveling to 70, there was so much to do! Quests, party quests, plain old grinding, and there were so many people to do it with that it was thoroughly enjoyable.

Now, all there is to do is grind or leech at skelegons, do zakum runs and boss or whatnot, or sit around and AFK in the free market. There's absolutely no party quests at this level. Quests have become obsolete past 110, grinding being the only good way to level.

Though it may be impossible to incorporate new party quests and content, perhaps make the server more lively for people who have reached end game. Events, server contests, etc. There's a lack of content for the end game players to keep engaged in.

This is just my opinion, maybe I'm overlooking something that could negate this entire post, and if so please point it out. What do you guys think of this matter? Do you guys see this as an issue or just my overreaction?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    11:00 PM
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Ikr, i have been playing for 3months now and i have seen si many people quitting, it is really sad. The first player i have ever met ( Steelpanther) stopped playing and so many others did to.

If you are one of those players, we miss you. please come back :(

3. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    I didn`t quit, just taking a break due to terraria getting a new update SlimeSmile
    ^also other reasons but stuffs, def not quitting any time soon

// heard that there where rumors about me quitting so figured i should write here

• Like Like x 3
  4. OP
    OP
    Plaudible

Plaudible Slime

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    3:00 PM
    Plaudible
    Ranger
    Valhalla
    I still do come on from time to time, I just don't feel very motivated to do anything when I'm on since most of the friends I made have already quit. :(
    OH MY GOD RIGHT? 1.3 is the shit. I can't get enough of it, expert mode is whooping my ass though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Glycys

Glycys Chronos

May 16, 2015
    Male
    5:00 PM
    Glycys
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Training 24/7 eventually gets old I guess

• Like Like x 2
  6. Charles

Charles Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2015
    Male
    Ga
    It's a fault of the version, not the server. Believe me, this is one of the most well-coded and professional servers I have ever come across in close to a decade of Maple-ing (close to exclusively at this version). It just begs the question, at what point does GMS-like become a curse? Servers with too much custom content usually fail miserably, but at v.62 something steered towards end-game players must be done.

• Like Like x 11
  7. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    But i am your friend :3

• Like Like x 1
  8. Conjuring

Conjuring Master Chronos

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    12:00 AM
    I didn't quit :rolleyes:
    You can always add me to your buddy list if you need some company - IGN: Conjuring
    Edit:Anyway, there are about 172 players online now.
    200-300 active players is definitely enough.

9. Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    I have been here from the first day of the official opening and I haven't quit. I'm taking the leveling slowly and make sure I enjoy myself :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    I think there are a few things they should start looking at.

Maybe they should open up party quest for all levels. Only have a minimum level requirement.
    This is my personal experience but for example in the guild I am in Horizon there is a huge gap between people there levels. some are high in 4th job some just achieved second job.
    I feel if PQ would be open to all levels you could actually do things together other then trying to leech members or give them items. Maybe there should be some sort of punishment if you take a person with you higher then the (lets give it a name for now) ''Recommended'' levels ether via an exp punishment or reward punishment.
    I am aware that this might lead to other issues like boosting maybe or making it still kinda bad to do with higher levels but at least you can revisit the content and do not have to make a new character to do it.

An other thing (I don't know if it was in this version of the game) I have noticed is that we do not have Dragon Rider PQ?
    This PQ was loads of fun to do. I used to do it with a few friends on almost a daily bases. The rewards were great, you would get a box that gave you some pots or equips for your class and if you were lucky you could get a dragon weapon (very small chance. Maybe 1 / 100). The bosses had fun mechanics like DMG reflect on the dragon and a laser on the last boss that would 1hit people if you did not duck under it in time. It was a pretty challenging PQ to do although if you do it enough times eventually it will get easy ofc. Ether way if we would have this there would be more to do after people hit 4th job although I get it that having access to lv 110 items might be a bit of a big jump for this server maybe it is something worth considering.

To get to the point of your topic.

I think most people came back to this server and remembered pre big bang as a great thing even though there was plenty of wrong with it (which a lot of things are already better on this server then they were back then). With all the knowledge that we have now compared to 8-6 years ago is a huge difference and there for it might also be easier to achieve your goals now. Maplestory will always be a dull grinding game for levels and power. I feel like most people think that once you are 4th job it will be a lot better until they realize how big the exp curve is getting and keep in mind that to max a skill in 4th job you need 10 levels. My point is it will take a long time before you actually have your core skills in 4th job to play the class that you remember (speaking as if you already had your class back then).

IMO the server is doing fine. People quit people join or take a break and come back later. This happens, in the end it is a grind fest of a game and it will stay like that. Lets wait and see what the future will bring in later updates to come!

• Like Like x 8
  11. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    It will keep so.
    Because u cant make server dat harder then GMS it self back then in 62
    And except people to like it for the long run.

12. Animate

Animate Timer

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    Donut
    I/L Mage
    JSquad
    It's expected tbh. It's the closest to GMS-like version out there, besides the quantity of people. It was pretty boring back then as well. I only had fun back then because there were so many people. You could find PQ's at any point in the day for gms.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TRM

TRM Mushmom

Apr 13, 2015
    Male
    SlimShady
    Bowmaster
    Lame
    Hey im still here! BTW Valhalla is dying :/

14. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Im here since day one o.o, im still here because I want to go really far with my fav job that got messed up after big bang, but what really keeps me are the ppl I met like in old ms

• Like Like x 5
  15. Friend

Friend Slime

Jun 7, 2015
    Male
    Friend
    Cleric
    cwkpq pls

• Like Like x 1
  16. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    People saying im lazy while this is the reason exactly ^

maybe sometimes lazyness, but who cares

• Like Like x 1
  17. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Sean
    nattehond u sexy beast

• Like Like x 1
  18. Betwixt

Betwixt Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Feb 16, 2015
    2:00 PM
    Betwixt
    Night Lord
    Salty/Demure
    Terraria is life.

Also, I'm kind-of here. Just.. not playing really. GMing because creep on all the players.

19. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    5:00 AM
    That's what I do too. I will burn myself out if I grind too hard (based on big bang experience).

But v62 really lacks end game content, which Neckson was slow to fill in. In MSEA the top player reached 200 grinding at squids before 4th job came out. More PQs would be interesting (R&J, DRPQ, Rex, Escape etc.). Maybe even theme dungeons like Mush Kingdom. These don't even have to be permanently added and can be used as seasonal events for fun.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    4:00 PM
    Paladin
    v62's endgame is nonexistant. also, no one really really wants to grind to 4th job at 2x rates with ~160 players online weekdays, 190+ weekends
    that's a funny way to spell ff14

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.