1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

event suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Friend, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Friend

Friend Slime

Jun 7, 2015
    Male
    1:46 AM
    Friend
    Cleric
    Server needs more events imo, with most recent one being only around 10 days. Since the independence event was suggested by a player, I have an event suggestion as well!

How about this event

http://bbb.hidden-street.net/quest/event/2009-pink-flower-floatie

Not sure if items are coded into game already, but I think it's a great way to encourage new players to join and enjoy the game by providing superior weapons for a limited amount of time

• Like Like x 2
  2. Crafty

Crafty Pink Teddy

Jan 18, 2015
    Male
    England
    6:46 AM
    Kube
    Thief
    Dalmascus
    The point in events are to be limited to time constraints, constant events makes the work-load on coders and GM's harder. Since constant events means constant things changing, keeping up with what's happening, bugs, reports. Events shouldn't happen every 10 days, not these sort of events atleast. In my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    7:46 AM
    Beginner
    But gms constantly had events, i dont wanna list them all but i think it was more than 200 days a year.

4. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    1:46 AM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    You're right in saying GMS constantly had "events" around this version (more so in current versions). But if you look at there event logs here you'd see that the majority of their events were cashshop sales, refer a friend type events, and holiday events. Seldom did they have just random events. If we're going to be exactly GMS like and do events even around the same time as then, in July they only had 1 event and that was only a merchant event. There next summer event didnt start until August 14th.

5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    7:46 AM
    Moderator Post
    Cash Shop sales may happen next .wz release because than we found a way to possibly do sales without any .wz releases, but I can't give too much info on that yet.

As of random events. I will host something next restart because some events got coded GMS-like.

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:46 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    There really isn't anything to this pink flower tube "event". Just talk to a npc, kill any mobs, get some item, talk to npc for an OP reward... (well, OP at level 30).

Yeah... OnionSilent

7. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Why don't you do donation cash shop sales? that way it'd be more GMS like =3

8. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    It helps out lower levels though.

I think it's nice to see events such as this as the items are limited by time, so you'd only have the OP wep for a couple days or weeks.

This event is a big boost to those newer players and not focused on the higher levels.

Imo it's good since it will help people level a little quicker without giving them something permanent.