1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Final attack on fighters

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Shrek, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Shrek

Shrek Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    New Yawwwkkkkkk
    2:12 AM
    NurseJoy
    I know for Spearman, Final attack is useless, but what about fighters?

Also, is rage worth getting? Or will it piss people off because I outbuff their heart stoppers?

2. Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    Don't get final attack, fucks up your mob damage once you hit higher levels.
    I used warrior elixirs which were cheap and gave more attack than rage, rage is pretty useless.

3. Jackii Kon

Jackii Kon Dark Stone Golem

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    8:12 AM
    Dragon Knight
    :(
    Rage is shit.
    FA fucks up mobbing damage and is useless once you hit 4th job anyway
    (still a firm believer it helps getting orbs quicker in 3rd, but yeah cons outweighs pros)

4. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:12 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Yeah, final attack just isn't a good skill. Rage is also pretty annoying. I'd have def buffs up, and some guy would always spam that stupid skill and make my +40 wdef -10. Use rage often if you want hate from me!

5. OP
    OP
    Shrek

Shrek Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    New Yawwwkkkkkk
    NurseJoy
    So, stick with axe mastery, and PG, right?

6. Jackii Kon

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    Hybrids don't work. literally go to your first job and skill ANYTHING there.

Also yes power guard is amazing.

7. OP
    OP
    Shrek

Shrek Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    New Yawwwkkkkkk
    NurseJoy
    Are they really that bad? o_o

8. Jackii Kon

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    Imo it just doesnt make sense to go hybrid at all. Now don't qoute me on this but as far as I know axes deal 120% damage on slashes and 60% on stabs while swords deal 100% on both. Brandish consists of a slash and a stab iirc thus sword > axe for overall damage

There's just no point in going hybrid.

9. OP
    OP
    Shrek

Shrek Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    New Yawwwkkkkkk
    NurseJoy
    Well, I still think it's more useful to put them into it rather than crappy 1st job skills.

10. Jackii Kon

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    Well technically you will atleast gain hp reg from first job skills instead of not getting anything from skilling axe mastery. But I get your point yeah.
    Its not like its gonna matter anyway.

just stay away from FA if you dont wanna use SP resets to get that out once you hit 4th job

11. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well let's say you are just screwing around scrolling (or maybe someone ELSE is) and they wind up with a very godly axe. Even with the disadvantages axes have, then it would be worth it to use it.

12. maleficious

maleficious Horny Mushroom

Apr 15, 2015
    9:12 AM
    Cleavage
    Dragon Knight
    Imagine
    Never get FA on anything.

13. Jackii Kon

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    True that but why try to scroll godly axes when you can scroll swords for free aswell. 30's are 1.5m and 60/70's go for 100-200k.
    2h axes look cooler though but this is not about looks, is it?

14. atobe

atobe Chronos

Oct 17, 2015
    Male
    Atobe
    Hero
    Demure
    FA is great! lots of dmg output. great for 3rd job. unless in 4th. but then thats very late and it will have done its job. the other choices are horrible so you may as well take the extra dmg while low lvl.

15. OP
    OP
    Shrek

Shrek Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    New Yawwwkkkkkk
    NurseJoy
    Can't tell if sarcasm or not Kappa

16. plnko

plnko Orange Mushroom

Sep 2, 2015
    11:12 PM
    Warrior
    Fa is great, unless you're a bowman or crossbowman. Eventually at 4th job, FA becomes useless, but so a few other skills.. I personally love FA in this version solely cos it's different animations. It comes down to preference or not, like building hybrid.

17. Jackii Kon

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    FA is pretty bad for warriors when mobbing, that's just a fact. The only advantage it has is Power Strike + FA and since you'll mainly be using slash blast when training it's pretty bad. Even if you choose it because you want to stack orbs quicker you will eventually have to get rid of it and use SP resets.
    As I said, Cons outweighs Pros.

18. plnko

plnko Orange Mushroom

Sep 2, 2015
    11:12 PM
    Warrior
    FA is a stepping stone skill for the unfunded or for the unique. No one says you have to have it. The other advantage FA has is a slight pot saver and a difference in animation. To each there own, but to say it sucks solely because your build doesn't happen to have it. Like i said, it's more useful than a bowman/xbow's FA.

OP wanted to find to know FA is useless, Answer is Yes if you're a bowman/crossbow, No if you're a spearman/sader. And also, rage case is exactly like FA. Whether you wanna level it depends entirely on if you want the buff opposed to using elixers. It's also pretty nice to ask if anyones potted. For myself and example, i'd gladly take rage so i don't have to pot... I'm not that funded.. >.>

Out of my entire maple career, i've never heard of anyone using FA to get faster orb stacks.->https://ayumilovemaple.wordpress.com/2009/09/06/maplestory-attack-speed-reference/

19. Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    No need to continue posting here, it's pretty clear that FA is agreed upon to be bad.

20. Jackii Kon

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    zzz last post from my side.

Starting with the FA orb stack stuff: FA does indeed have a quicker animation than a regular attack and it helps you get orbs quicker. Now does that mean FA is good? Nah. It's more of a utility the skill can provide. It's probably safe to assume that the quicker orb stacks/more finishers you get from FA don't outdamage the non-FA stuff but still it's a utility the skill has.
    The fact that you ,or maybe lots of other people aswell, never heard of someone using that utility is most likely because of what I just mentioned.
    I was just trying to list pros and cons for OP while throwing in a bit of my own opinion aswell.

Moving on to the build stuff. Now I haven't heard of different builds that help with different playstyles etc. in maplestory. So far it's always been: "These skills are useless because they're either A. Bad (FA) or B. Useless (Rage). Sure, Rage helps if you don't plan on spending money on warrior elixirs and that might be pretty good for when you're grinding solo. But you'll find yourself in parties a lot of times and if you spam Rage you'll lower your parties damage potential. The skill is bad simply because people use warrior elixirs, ciders and heartstoppers. Why take +10 Att when you can have +12 for just 5k? Pot money shouldn't be an issue, if you're funded or not.
    (Fun fact: I'm not funded and can afford to go for "a build that doesn't work with FA". I can also afford pots. Equips just take a while.)

I understand that money is a big issue when you start out on the server and you don't have people supporting you and you also don't have a bishop to sell leech.
    However it's still perfectly possible to go for the optimal build, it's just gonna take more time.
    If you don't play to have the best build and best gear you can get but play for the sake of being unique and having a nice animation then that's cool aswell. But don't show up on threads telling people FA is a great skill.

I respect your opinion but this thread was about efficiency not uniqueness and options for not so funded players.