1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Vote NX

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kaysimon, Oct 24, 2015.

1. kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    11:33 PM
    GodIy
    Brawler
    Honestly, I didn't even want to make a thread about this cause of how much different it would be from many private servers, including MapleLegends, even though it would be a lot more similar to GMS back in the day.

I know many of you might not see the bigger picture and would heavily oppose to this idea, but what do you think about decreasing the NX gained per vote from 5K to 1K? You're probably wondering, "How would that benefit the game at all?! I want a full set of NX gear as well as enough NX to spend on gachapon tickets!"

As with anything, the more difficult/rare something is, the more impressive or valuable it becomes. Back when you played GMS/EMS/etc, how many players did you really see with a full set of NX items? When I played, it was almost out of this world to have so much NX, especially at the lower level that I was (around 30-40 or so).

With 5K NX per day, you could gather up 35K NX in a week, which is more than plenty for your 3-month NX items. After gathering your NX items within a week, hypothetically, you could gather 385K NX if you voted every day in the next 11 weeks before your NX items expired, which would allow most players to possibly make WAY more profit from just gachapon-ing (the easy method) rather than farming for equips/scrolls/etc (the much more difficult method).

It really comes down to how similar and how difficult you want the game to be compared to how it was long ago. If you really wanted the server to be like the golden times, you would make gaining NX a lot harder, you would make HP washing almost impossible (which it kinda used to be), and you would make a scenario in which a player's funding correlated to how much time and work he put into farming and training to become stronger, not how many days he spend voting to gather up enough NX to make profit from gachapon without having to do any hard work. The real problem with players milking gachapon is that they don't even need to log onto the game. They can stay offline and vote every day until they make enough NX to become rich from gachapon.

Here's a picture of a bunch of players in the FM from 2007- how much NX do you see in this picture?

[​IMG]
    https://www.google.com/search?q=map...=isch&q=maplestory+2007&imgrc=9YQeqsQFqCKGCM:

Thoughts?

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:33 AM
    Moderator Post
    This is something I personally agree with. We could go as far as making Cash equips donation only completely, like GMS. The problem is that this is very heavy red-handed to Neckson, and the chance we get sued due to gaining money out of their game increases, which is why there's not a single Private Server that followed this route.

Personally I even like the normal equips more than most of the Cash items.

As of Cash itself. We are already pretty low regarding that, being the lowest pre-big bang server right now with the exception to one new v0.62 server, and most users are not happy with their low rates for voting.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    You don't necessarily have to make Cash Shop items donation only, you could just reduce the amount of NX per vote. I don't know how much that would help as to avoiding the sue from Neckson.

4. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I've edited my post and added a line.

5. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    It couldn't hurt to make a poll anyways, right? You're probably right about most players not wanting it, though. If only they could see the bigger picture, haha.

6. LunchBox

LunchBox Brown Teddy

Apr 26, 2015
    Female
    Deep Blue C
    Lunch
    Spearman
    Destined
    Nah I need to use SP reset so I get 2 per day, which is nice.

Q: "Yeah but back in the days you wouldn't get free nx!!!11"
    A: Yeah, but back in the days I would just buy the nx and reset all the sp I need to reset in one day

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    It really just depends on how GMS-like you prefer a server to be. Back in the day, if you needed 2 SP resets per day, most players would just remake their characters instead of spending the money for it.

8. LunchBox

LunchBox Brown Teddy

Apr 26, 2015
    Female
    Deep Blue C
    Lunch
    Spearman
    Destined
    Yes but I don't mind spending money on the game. I don't mind now, and I didn't mind back in early gms either.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TumTum

TumTum King Slime

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    + this game is more oriented towards grinding and gms was a more community like game in my opinion (for the lower level people (98%?)).
    How do you want ranged classes to endgame if they can't survive any hits?
    They can't pay money for it anymore.

10. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    As far as HP washing goes, it could be a possibility to make AP resets tradeable.

How many people do you think HP washed on GMS?

11. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Absolutely no. This makes people receive mesos by doing nothing (voting). This is a major flaw in a different server.

Gachapon is already bad enough

12. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    Oh, yeah, you're right. I don't see a problem with having NX drop from mobs so that you could grind/work to earn AP resets faster, though.

13. Worry

Worry Dark Stone Golem

Aug 4, 2015
    Female
    Middle of Nowhere
    9:33 PM
    Helga
    Spearman
    Halcyon
    I'm still all for gachapon being gone from cash shop entirely. Like why is it even there? It's just a problem for vote abusers, and a necessity for new players.

I'd prefer just getting them out entirely, make them something you have to earn, not something that is just given to you for remembering to vote. Make them a boss drop or something that people actually have to work at, and with that balance all the gacha's so that pie, elixir, warrior elixir, and all the garbage prizes, aren't in there.

My two cents.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    *This is me looking at every way on each suggestion*

The problem with bosses dropping them is that high ranks only get them, thus the high rankers having specific scrolls only, thus them be able to sell them on the low lvl'd people and get richer. This is me looking at this situation only, since you say get rid of Gachapon, means only available by boss drops.

15. Worry

Worry Dark Stone Golem

Aug 4, 2015
    Female
    Middle of Nowhere
    9:33 PM
    Helga
    Spearman
    Halcyon
    Well let me expand on my thoughts.

Say we do make bosses (and thats, most bosses, Stumpy, Faust, etc would be included) drop a gachapon ticket. Of course those who are the elites would have a better control over the market, but that does not hinder lower levels from claiming the bosses they can kill as well. However, this does allow lower levels the chance to claim there own, so long as they try.

We could actually make use of quests for once. At this point, I know no one who actually does quests, even with the 3x bonus, they're pretty much useless outside of rushing 1-50, then it's just GS2 and afk til 85. Add a reward coin to all quests, harder ones offer more coins, easier ones offer 0-1. Thus we then create a new avenue for money to flow. These coins could be traded in for a myriad of things, ranging from equips, to scrolls, gachapon tickets, to buffs. Now we have an incentive for people to do quests, as well as an easier way for new players to get their foot in the door financially.

Sure it's not strictly GMS-like, but its better than the abusable, hand-out system as it stands.

• Like Like x 2
  16. LunchBox

LunchBox Brown Teddy

Apr 26, 2015
    Female
    Deep Blue C
    Lunch
    Spearman
    Destined
    Something something rich gets richer

17. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    11:33 AM
    I kind of like the system that Extalia uses, that is your vote NX is only usable on cosmetic stuff and pets because they removed gach and cubes and other gameplay stuff out from the CS, and introduced them into mob drops, so players have to grind to be rewarded. The one potential problem with this on a v62 server is that mages are capable of farming them at a much greater pace than others, whereas I feel this should be rewarded fairly evenly to each player for spending time in-game regardless of job.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    10:33 PM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    I agree, I like that also. Keep gach for 'muh nostalgia' and as a slot machine option if you reeeeeeeally want to use your nx on that junk.. but diversify the method of obtaining all of those sought after items in ways that are impossible for 120+ mages to abuse. On top of that, gear the positive side of the changes towards low level players to combat inequality and fill pq channels for even more 'muh nostalgia' MapleF14

>mfw people begin to use auto clickers in legends :roflmao: THAT is nostalgia

• Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    Any way of dispersing scrolls is good as long as it isn't primarily from the vote-abusive gachapon system, whether it's quests, party quests, bosses, or drops from mobs. Gachapon should be the worst way of gaining scrolls because it's too easy to abuse it.