1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire/poison and i/l balanced?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dumbledore, Dec 29, 2015.

Are f/p and i/l balanced?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No, and the f/p skills shouldn`t be changed

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. No, and the two f/p skills should be hitting 3 monsters isntead of 1

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    8:22 AM
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Hi all,

Nowadays the f/p second job skill (Fire Arrow) and fourth job skill (paralyze) are single monster attacking skills. I/L mages have got thunder bolt (2nd job) and chain lightning (4th job), and they both hit up to six monsters. I think a lot of people decide to be i/l mage because of the mobbing skills.

In newer patches (but before bigbang, see bbb.hiddenstreet), they have changed the Fire arrow and paralyze skill, so that they both hit up to 3 monsters.
    I guess it is changed this way, with the intensions to create more balance between f/p and i/l mages. Most f/p mages experience hard times to get to third job, because they dont have mobbing skill, whilst i/l mages got a mobbing skill.

I don`t know if it`s really neccesary to change the skills of fire/poison mages (from hitting one monster to hitting 3 monsters), but I think it will create more balance between i/l and f/p mages (if there is any). I also don`t know if many people decide to be i/l instead of f/p because of this, so I want to know if you guys experience any disbalance between the two mages. It`s a fact that the i/l mage is more "popular" than a f/p mage :p

2. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    12:22 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
  3. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    2:22 AM
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    Meteor makes it worth it tho

4. OP
    OP
    dumbledore

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    But blizzard is still better than meteor. They have got the same magic attack but blizzard freezes too.

5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Fire arrow hitting 3 mobs was just Neckson's way of making the game retardedly easier as it made its decent into instant gratification and mind-numbingly no-challenge gameplay. I think it's fine tbh.

6. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    I think F/P mages are fine as they are now. Second job is really lacking but that is the case for many classes and it all comes down to preference. As a F/P second job you are basically a Bandit. No mobbing what so ever but decent mobility, Haste vs Teleport. It is a struggle but once you reach it just like Bandits you will be greatly rewarded. F/P is one of the fastest if not ''the'' fastest grinder. You can kill pretty much every mob in one hit once your Poison Mist is max level. They are able to level a lot faster compared to I/L mages in 3th job.

Paralyze is a better skill for bossing then Chain Lightning. It has higher damage then Chain Lightning and you need to remember that Chain Lightning loses a crazy amount of damage per target it hits.
    If you would be bossing and you use Chain Lightning to cleave you are better off doing Blizzard at that point. It will hit for more to begin with and also does not lose damage per hit.

Being able to freeze mobs is nice but not the end of the world. Sure it saves you some pots here and there but with some gear you should be able to one shot almost any mob. At that point freezing a mob does not help either.

Both classes are unique in its way. F/P is better in bossing compared to I/L because of Paralyze but I/L has it slightly easier in 4th job because of the freeze effect. Don't forget though 3th job is real easy compared to I/L mages. In the end I think you should just look at what you like the most. This is different for everyone. I think the balance between classes is pretty close. You made a F/P mage. Be proud of it. Not many players do it but they are real unique. I hope to get one at some point in the guild, it would be interesting to see them in action at Zakum etc.

Same thing with Bowmasters vs Marksman. Both unique in there way but people play it because some skills are more appealing then others.

Same thing with Hero vs PriestwithMace. Some people just like to play a mage with a sword or mace equipped ;D

I think both classes are fine. They grind equally fast at 4th job. Be proud of your choice!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Let's not forget the ToT change, which will make the oblivion mobs weak to ice..... f/p will have to work hard to train competitively, whereas i/l just gets to hold down a button.

8. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    If we look at it as pure grinding material it does equal damage - freeze. still gets same EPM so nothing really different there other then you use a few more pots. If you never touch a boss on your mage you are going to get real bored real quick. They still have this to there advantage if you like it or not. Also if you want to start arguing about ToT mobs now you might as well bring bishops in there since they don't have added damage from elemental amplification and are also not strong vs fire mobs.

Speaking pure from class perspective both are perfectly fine in my eyes.

9. 3DegreeChill

3DegreeChill Master Chronos

Apr 18, 2015
    1:22 AM
    Felicia
    Priest
    Majestic
    hmm i guess 2nd job f/p could use a slight buff for fire arrow to hit like 2mobs. its not gonna be that big of a buff, but it helps and its not overkilling anything.. i could see why fp lvl 30-70 would be really boring without a mobbing or multiple line attack skill, fire arrow currently is pretty much magic claw but a 1line fire attack.

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    dumbledore

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    And to mention a strange thing, all the fire skills (fire arrow, explosion, firedemon) do 20 more basic attack than their ice skill friends (cold beam, ice strike, icedemon). This is to compensate the skills, because fire skills can`t freeze. But meteor shower has still got the same basic attack as blizzard, which is a bit strange. I believe meteor shower has got like 20 more basic attack in later pre bigbang versions. This 20 more basic attack might help to 2hko/ohko monsters earlier, and seems to be a good compensation for meteor shower.