1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

About Elemental Staffs and Wands

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Buffles, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Buffles

Buffles Dark Stone Golem

Dec 9, 2015
    Male
    2:56 AM
    Buffles
    Paladin
    According to this guide, Elemental staffs and wands have each different elemental bonuses.

Quoting the thread, "each weapon gives a boost to archmage elements but a penalty to the holy element discouraging bishops from using them" given that the purpose of these "was mainly done in order to attempt to balance archmages and bishops at the time".

I know a lot of bishops, if not all, use elemental wands/staffs in the server. My question is if this server has in fact the 25% damage nerf to holy damage on these items. Furthermore if they even have the actual elemental bonuses for each weapon.

According to the thread, these are the bonuses:

Elemental Staff 1 and Elemental Staff 2 both give +10% fire damage and +5% poison damage.

Elemental Staff 3 and Elemental Staff 4 both give +10% ice damage and +5% lightning damage.

Elemental Staff 5 and Elemental Staff 6 both give +10% fire damage and +5% poison damage.

Elemental Staff 7 gives +10% lightning damage and +5% ice damage.

Elemental Staff 8 gives +10% ice damage and +5% lightning damage.

Elemental Wand 1 gives +10% fire damage and +5% poison damage.

Elemental Wand 2 gives +10% poison damage and +5% fire damage.

Elemental Wand 3 gives +10% ice damage and +5% lightning damage.

Elemental Wand 4 gives +10% lightning damage and +5% ice damage.

Elemental Wand 5 and Elemental Wand 6 both give +10% fire damage and +5% poison damage.

Elemental Wand 7 and Elemental Wand 8 both give +10% ice damage and +5% lightning damage.

and the penalties:

Elemental Staff 1 and Elemental Staff 2 both give -25% Holy, Ice, and Lightning damage.

Elemental Staff 3 and Elemental Staff 4 both give -25% holy, fire, and poison damage.

Elemental Staff 5 and Elemental Staff 6 both give -25% holy, ice, and lightning damage.

Elemental Staff 7 and Elemental Staff 8 both give -25% holy, fire, and poison damage.

Elemental Wand 1 and Elemental Wand 2 both give -25% holy, ice, and lightning damage.

Elemental Wand 3 and Elemental Wand 4 both give -25% holy, fire, and poison damage.

Elemental Wand 5 and Elemental Wand 6 both give -25% holy, ice, and lightning damage.

Elemental Wand 7 and Elemental Wand 8 both give -25% holy, fire, and poison damage.

Can anyone confirm this? (if the weapons work like this in Legends)

2. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    3:56 AM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    The nerf was after v62.

3. OP
    OP
    Buffles

Buffles Dark Stone Golem

Dec 9, 2015
    Male
    Buffles
    Paladin
    So, it's bonuses without penalties here in Legends?

4. Boggyb

Boggyb Master Chronos

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    8:56 AM
    Pauldaniels
    Bishop
    Misfits
    Yep. What a time to be alive.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    9:56 AM
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The penalty only seems fair to me imo. I can only imagine the many ewands which will be sold by bishops once this happens :). Finally some more ewands in the fm. #archmageslivesmatter

• Like Like x 7
  6. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Yea guys, we have such a diverse weapon base. Let's send all the bishops back to using kebobs.

7. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    10:56 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    I think at v62 there is no penalty, as mentioned. I also believe the elemental bonuses are larger, and were later nerfed.

8. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    4:56 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    No. Just no.

9. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    There's plenty to choose from if you add some luck. It would be great for diversity, making luck bishops more viable. And you could still use the ele wands even with the -25%.

Bishops are the go to class for a reason, I don't see a problem nerfing them a little. Then again I don't have one SlimeSweat

10. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Lukless will be better in all cases so adding luk does absolutely nothing. Then with the 25% nerf you move the required magic to probably around over 1100 gene 10. If that is right, with Franco caliber gear you'd have to be around 150 to even 2 hit 100% or get gene 20 and 135-140 ish. Don't quote me on this though. Point is the nerf would be pretty harsh as making int gear is quite annoying as of right now. Bishops only do that solid damage at skeles anyways. At zak i think i went up to 65-75k(forgot)? With the 2nd/3rd best gear, wiz elixer, gene 20, mw20 level 176. This was less than RawfodogRawfodog at level 15x-16x.

11. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    3:56 AM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    The penalty can't be implemented anyway.

12. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Haha okay we're obviously not on the same page. I'm replying to you talking about having to go back to using kebobs while I think it would be nice to have more diversity in bishops. I'm pretty sure you'd be able to outdamage a luckless bishop with a kebob as a luck bishop.

Also I don't see the problem with having to 2 shot mobs instead of 1 shot. Bishops already have plenty of advantages over arch mages.

13. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Unfortunately there isnt a way a luck bisop can do that as they have to pump up to 100 for luk which is 100 magic missing over a kebob user who has the kebob + 100 magic over a doomsday user who just has the doomsday mattk, not to mention mw giving more to the int user.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    There were no penalties in version 0.62, and penalties can not be added. (Not unless you'd compromise having the damage displayed by the client being off by a certain percentage. That's obviously no good.)

Unless we'd reduce the magic attack on those wands and staves by, say, 20% :rolleyes:. #nerfmages2k16 VonBITVonBIT

• Like Like x 2
  15. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    The doomsday staff only requires 80 luck and could be scrolled for over 140 m.att. even if you don't aim for luck equips you're going to have atleast about 20 luck from equips and 4 base.

Worst case you'll have to add 56 luck? The MW bonus is negligible especially when you consider you'll have access to better equips.

Unless you can't afford good equips you're going to be better off with the doomsday staff.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    4:56 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    I worked hard for my 1 hit, stop being salty at bishops MapleF4