1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Couple of Suggestions..

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by patt, Feb 22, 2016.

Implement...

1. Both

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Neither

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. 1 but not 2

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. 2 but not 1

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. patt

patt Mano

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    Austin, Texas
    4:18 AM
    Crit
    Hermit
    Demure
    Hey everyone!

I apologize in advance if these suggestions have already been brought up or are in the works. I've been thinking of these ideas for a couple of days now, and I feel like they could really help the server out in terms of community, support and bringing in new players.

1) Recruit a Friend. This would be a fairly simple implementation, I imagine. Simply have a field during registration to link a character as a referal to give either the referrer or both the referrer and new player some in game bonuses. For example, if a new player said that player A referred them to the game, player A might gain some sort of token that they could exchange for prizes upon the new player reaching certain milestones (let's say level 30, 70, 120, etc for example.)

Prizes for the veteran user could be things like a 5k NX voucher, a chair, or some scrolls. The new player might be awarded with an increased exp amount for a short period of time or something minimal but useful to engage the user.

Not only would this encourage new players to start, but would also give incentive for existing players to help welcome newbies.

2) Donation bar exp event. This suggestion would be one that would benefit the players and the staff alike. In addition to the donor cash, I was thinking it wouldn't be a terrible idea to have a system where once a specific donor amount has been raised per period, a 2x EXP/DROP event would occur globally for the server for a few hours. In order to prevent abuse, the threshold should most likely be set high, but obtainable. The total for the period, as well as or instead, the remaining amount. Think of something like those "donation thermometers" (like this: http://images.clipartpanda.com/fund...l-thermometer-text-written-badge-31483461.jpg) It is important to note that this event would be global, meaning that the entire server would benefit from it, regardless of if they donated or not. On top of that, this is simply an extra insentive on top of the already existing donor cash; it would not replace it.

For example:

Donation Threshold 250‎€
    Players donate 5€, 10€, etc over a period of time
    Once the threshold of 250€ has been met, a 2X EXP/DROP event is announced for a convenient time for the server.
    Once the event has concluded, the threshold is reset, and the next 2x EXP/DROP event will happen once that threshold is met again.

I believe this extra incentive would encourage more users to donate, thus allowing the providers to do more with the server.

Thanks for reading!

2. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    11:18 AM
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I see some problems coming when option 1) is implemented. I am sure that many bishops would make alt characters and leech them easily with HS, to get bonuses on both their bishop and their alt. Bishop`s don`t have to be subsidized, so I say no to option 1.

And for option 2, well that`s a fun option but I dont think it is a neccesary addition.

3. OP
    OP
    patt

patt Mano

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    Austin, Texas
    Crit
    Hermit
    Demure
    For 1, yes I agree with you. There would have to be some sort of system in place to prevent abuse, but it all really depends on if the rewards are worth the trouble. The rewards should be nice, but if it results in what you've said, then they would need to be toned down for sure.

For 2, it really depends on how you see it, speaking realistically, it's a pretty easy thing to implement that would definitely be appreciated by the users and they people paying for the servers. It really doesn't have a downside given that the threshold is high enough as to not spark a permanent 2x event.

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    #2 is pretty much out of the question for me personally because I do not ever want this server to feel like a sellout server that cash in for users to donate to reward them. While our setup is expensive as expected from our extremely stable server, I do not want to introduce such thing right now, I think...

• Like Like x 4
  5. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Can you add a poll?
    Options:
    Bad idea
    Like option 1 dont like option 2
    Like option 2 dont like option 1
    Like both ideas

for example.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    patt

patt Mano

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    Austin, Texas
    Crit
    Hermit
    Demure
    Done!

KimberlyKimberly I can appreciate that point of view. However, I would consider thinking of it as less of a sell out and more of an additional incentive, which is why I suggested toying with the threshold. Given a high enough threshold, people most likely wouldn't be donating for the 2x event, but rather to either help out the server or get Donor NX, as they do now. I was thinking a threshold that would match the current amount of donations over a 2~3 month period.

7. Dean

Dean Stone Golem

Apr 13, 2015
    Male
    Bulgaria
    12:18 PM
    Dean/Experience
    Corsair
    Demure
    Im all in favour for #2!
    Great suggestion. I remember back in the days that these events were the SHIT.
    Everyone was getting hyped and happy when 2x event was announced and it adds and interesting incentive. I remember going 2 or 3 hours earlier to a desired training area just to make sure I'll be able to train there when the event takes place.
    Would be great if we have that in Legends! (And yes I do know that we're already 2x exp but we DO need some hype and competitiveness from time to time)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    3:18 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Yeah, don't agree with #2. As what kimberly said.

As for #1, wouldn't you want your friends playing here anyway? The benefit of bringing them to this server is getting to have fun and hanging out with them. If we get bonuses for adding a "friend" I have a feeling many people won't actually be inviting friends and will simply be try recruiting complete strangers to further themselves. That also just makes the server seem gimmicky and, well, is probably also potential subject for abuse and probably what we are not looking for.

9. maleficious

maleficious Horny Mushroom

Apr 15, 2015
    12:18 PM
    Cleavage
    Dragon Knight
    Imagine
    TL;DR

Neither.