1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:08 AM
    Moderator Post
    Dear Maplers.

Its almost so far. Its the end of 2015. What a year.

2015 is the year when MapleLegends went open beta, at January. A lot of users were excited to test our server that heard good feedback from our closed beta users.

2015 is also the year that MapleLegends officially released, at April 1st. A lot thought it was a joke, but it was real. MapleLegends released and had 70+ online at the first day. What I thought at first what would be a project for few friends that needed a low rate MapleStory server to play on, happened to have became one of the biggest v0.62 servers to date...

A lot has happened this year, it was overall an amazing blast for me. Of course there were up and downs, things that went right, things that went wrong, things I admittedly did wrong, etc. These things happen everywhere, and nobody is perfect. If I was perfect, life would be boring. Or at least, it would be for me.

I am really happy with this year, what can I say? My goal with MapleLegends was to create a new home for low rate users, or "hardcore users", because there was at the time just no server around that people were satisfied with. People were forced to stay in a server even though they hate it. When such thing happens, its time to take actions. Even myself was years in multiple servers, but I was usually not happy how it was in one way or another. Many probably know how much I've complained as a user back in day, even though now at times I have to deal with same kind of complains. In end, the people complaining want the best for the server. They don't complain to make you hate them, they complain because they wish for the server to succeed. That's how I was, that's how most people are here too. There's not many people that prefer low rates over "high(er)" rates, which is why I expected MapleLegends to be a small community for a few of my friends. Instead, much else happened... and its great. I can't believe I (and our team!) could create a community this big, this many people enjoying old MapleStory how its supposed to be enjoyed.

All I can say is... thank you. Thank you so much for all the support, all the feedback, and even the complaints. I say this from the bottom of my heart and I mean it. Be proud of yourself, you deserve it. You are the true Legend. Thank you for choosing MapleLegends!

MapleLegends has no plans to go anywhere, and we will only be stronger in 2016. MapleLegends is now 8 months old. April 1st is when we reach our 1st anniversary. Yes, that is still a bit of time, which shows how much progress we have made in less than a year, and will make further in the coming time.

We, the staff of MapleLegends, wish everyone a happy new year and we hope Christmas was amazing for you, and 2016 will be amazing too.

Thank you so much once again.

Sincerely,

-MapleLegends Staff-
    ----------------------
    Statistics of MapleLegends since April 1st, 2015 ~Present:
    Accounts: 14381
    Characters: 17247
    Concurrent users online record: 226
    GTOP history:

Reached #10: April, 2015
    Reached #4: May, 2015
    Reached #3: December, 2015

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    • Like Like x 46
  2. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    PogChamp

Thanks. We are all happy to be part of the server and thankful for the time you guys put into it even though it does not always looks like it.
    Happy new year to the staff and lets hope we can have many more moments together.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    5:08 AM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Thanks to all staff you guys have spent a tremendous amount of time keeping this server at the top of its game!, hoping for many years to come :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  4. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Couldn't agree more. Thank you everyone, players and staff, who put in time to make this server as amazing as it is right now. And thanks in advance for the future to come.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Leslie

Leslie Dark Stone Golem

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    Joo Won's Bedroom
    Thank you for everything you've done for us. Legends is like my second home. SlimeSmile

• Like Like x 5
  6. Shaved

Shaved Mixed Golem

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Ceylon/Shaved
    Night Lord
    Fairy Tail
    • Like Like x 14
  7. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    i want the "Kappa" emote back.... XatBlushXatAngryXatCryXatDeadXatEmbarrassedXatEmoXatGiggleXatGrinXatSadXatShiftyXatSmileXatTongueXatWink

also rip slow/no replies on skype MapleF8 ,
    //
    Other than that. thanks for hosting/running legends for almost a year now & also thanks for telling me about this server in the first place 1 year ago KimberlyKimberly :p
    & ofc happy new year and stuffs to everyone (x and happy legending

• Like Like x 2
  8. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    And thank you for telling me about this server. SlimeBlush

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    And thank you for being that odd one in a million chance of coming across on another forum. Just to find the link to the countdown to Maplelegends Open Beta. That single click quite changed my life.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year everyone.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Shaved

Shaved Mixed Golem

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Ceylon/Shaved
    Night Lord
    Fairy Tail
    image.jpeg Cheers <3

• Like Like x 6
  11. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    6:08 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Happy New Years everyone! Let's hope for a year of success for the server and everyone in the community :D
    #2 in gtop let's go!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    Huge thanks to KunoichiKunoichi for showing me this server, without her i would probably get all my characters 200 in EMS or something MapleF3

Keep up the good work KimberlyKimberly :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    12:08 PM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Cohort

Cohort Timer

Nov 8, 2015
    Male
    10:08 AM
    Cohort
    Thief
    Thanks Kimmy! Happy New Year!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tarte

Tarte Chronos

Oct 19, 2015
    Female
    3:08 AM
    Lullabies
    Bishop
    Demure
    Thank YOU and all the staff for letting us enjoy this game! Happy New Year <3 ~

• Like Like x 1
  16. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Happy new year all!

• Like Like x 1
  17. kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    2 days into 2016 and already up the GTOP rankings LOL

18. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    10:08 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Kiran

Kiran Slime

Sep 6, 2015
    5:08 PM
    You already done what you have done <3 we should thanks to you kim,you did a great job to stabilize the server. :)

• Like Like x 1