1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: Lower the price of AP Resets (Updated)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Iced, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Hito

Hito Stone Golem

May 4, 2017
    Straya
    3:58 AM
    Ainu
    Hermit
    Galaxy
    This is a tricky issue. As a newer player I cannot play the classes I want, Bowman, because unless I HP wash or set my base INT to something like 200 (and then how do I kill mobs) I cannot use that character to boss with my guild.

As a result, I need to scroll INT gear so naturally, I create a mage to kill as many mobs as possible--this results in a lot of mages on the server and an inflation on the cost of INT related gear, which is currently stupidly expensive.

So, I have to get a bishop to level ~150 before i can start making money to scroll gear to play classes I actually want to play. It's not fun having to do that.

2. Hero

Hero Mano

Mar 23, 2017
    Male
    2:58 PM
    Thant
    Hero
    Prime
    I agree that is it very time consuming to hp wash a desire char. it turned me away from making a sair or nl. But after seeing United's post, I wouldn't want to change it either. More gach is great for the person and it sounds good on paper, but that only mean overflows of items and prices will drop. Like bwg, racc mask, chaos scrolls etc. was worth a hefty amount and is slowly dropping in price. If they placed it in the donor shop or allowed donor points to be used, it can become a pay2advance but for some it will be seen as pay2win which is what Kim is trying to prevent.

My way of approaching it is saving all my vote nx for just washing and while I train and get hunting gachs and equipments, they will fund my pots and If I'm lucky, fund my gears.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:58 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    To all of you saying things are impossible or your lack of HP is a "barrier", just want to point out that hyperbody is a thing. So you'll need to be partied with a DK and exercise some teamwork. That's nothing unreasonable or nearly as much work as all the HP washing so you don't need HB.

• Like Like x 1
  4. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    3:58 PM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    many high level players got to their level and washed without having a bishop BaboBabo DulceDulce MattyIceMattyIce STRQNKSTRQNK Sam_VoshSam_Vosh

if you don't want to make a bishop before playing, then don't :)

• Like Like x 10
  5. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    deribouderibou me too thanks.

• Like Like x 4
  6. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    2:58 PM
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    HeyGuys

• Like Like x 4
  7. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    9:58 PM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    FUCK YOU DERRICK

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    12:58 PM
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    Sairs don't need to HP wash as much as people think. I made my sair not knowing what HP washing was, without a bishop, no int gear, and completely unfunded. It wasn't until around lvl 100 that I realized that I might actually get to zakum/horntail bossing level, so I adjusted accordingly.

Sairs only need about 45-50 washes to get to 5.6k hp at lvl 155. This is completely do-able if you have decent int gear. I wouldn't even recommend having base int as a sair. I just blood washed (put points straight into HP) 45 times once I realized I needed more HP and started making really crappy int gear/borrowing int gear and reset MP back into dex.

Of course it would be easier to make a bishop, but that shouldn't make you stray away from HP washing jobs.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  9. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    You can have it all.
    There is a reason NL and bowmen so hard to wash they are the best DPS in game and low hp is their disadventage.
    Sairs dont need to wash much, Dk need to wash a lot but very easy too... need 0 funds (just put 40 int in lvl 15) hero pala bucc shads and mages DO NOT NEED.
    So yea.. you want to have the best DPS and BOSS everything! WASH DAMMIT. WASH AND IT WILL BE HARD AND YOU WILL HATE IT.
    Dont want to? Choose another class.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    8:58 PM
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    Lower level heroes and paladin out dpm archers when given SE. Lets just say Sharp Eyes is the reason why archers have such low hp.

11. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    Sure why not. (End game bowman should wipe them)

12. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    I don't think lowering the price would be that necessary. Yes, you'll do little till no damage but doesn't also take a load of time to get to the levels to boss properly in the 1st place? By the time, most likely even before that, you could have yourself a decent amount of meso to buy int gear or even int scrolled some stuff yourself.

13. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    4:58 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Haven't read anything that others posted, but...

I've used over 200 ap resets on my characters, if the price is lowered to 2500, where is my 120k nx refund? :D (600 nx for each of the 200 ap resets) Anyone can complain and apply that logic and there are people who used way more ap resets than me. It will create more problems than solve any

• Like Like x 4
  14. MattyIce

MattyIce Mushmom

Mar 11, 2016
    Male
    Soju
    Night Lord
    Demure
    If you do raise your base int to wash, prepare to get bullied :( #sadlife

• Like Like x 5
  15. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    this really does vary based on gear, since i haven't bumped into a warrior that outdpms me TriHard

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    Besides I have a question. Why can't you buy AP/SP resets with donor cash? Would that make it too commercial? MapleF12

17. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    Pay2win.
    That just cant happened

• Like Like x 2
  18. Luo Bin

Luo Bin Orange Mushroom

Feb 23, 2017
    康定
    Pok Gai
    Bowmaster
    Aeon
    How about AP reset bundles. Buy 50, get 5 free. Buy a 100, get 11 free.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    This gets my vote!!!OnionPerfect

• Like Like x 1