1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bring back SUMMONING SACKS

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Daydreamer, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    2:14 PM
    Beginner
    On-topic: I think it's a shame that we can't have these bags of fun but we are stuck with HP washing...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Is there anything that doesn't get complained about? This is one of the best updates to hit MapleLegends!

Summon bags attract only toxic players, and who wants those?

Play the amazing game the way it is, come on people...

#NeverChangeAWinningTeam

upload_2017-8-24_19-47-26.png

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    8:14 AM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Shoutout to Aeon for using them in the first job maps and getting them removed lul

Edit: The savagery in this thread, lord lul

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. wokkie

wokkie Mushmom

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Banned
    Don't you guys know that Kim hates fun for the players? first no discounted ap resets and then gacha nerf, worst of all is that the summon bags were taken away from the players.

The trick with Kim is that you guys have to be waaaaay more vocal and then it will be added, just like how a loud vocal minority stopped the price reduced ap resets plan.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Yeah it totally wasn't solid arguments that stopped that!
    We should riot!
    That totally helps the server forward!
    Create drama around groups, and around gm decisions!
    I love your strategy!

6. wokkie

wokkie Mushmom

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Banned
    because bending over and letting every decision buttfuck you and be okey with it is totally the way to go.
    the way things are handles right now is like 2 steps forward and a massive leap backwards.

7. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    But bullying people online is how I feel better about my life BibleThump

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    offtopic posts deleted and unrelated guild attack content edited out

More off-topic and the thread gets locked. Feel free otherwise discuss reasons why Summon sacks should be coming back besides killing people at grinding maps just for fun and not because you dislike that person

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    B> this notification:
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    Like it's of any use. The change has been fought ever since it's introduction in 2015. If by now it's still not clear that the majority of the players actually do want them in the game then I really don't think there's any way shape or form to convince you. Every single possibility of fixing the problems that you have mentioned (some taking literally 10min to implement) being refused, what else is there to discuss?
    EDIT: It just becomes more and more clear that you do whatever the fuck you want to do, and don't give a shit about what the majority wants. (sadly.)

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I will kill some level 150+ people with summon sacks and we will see if they still want them in-game after losing 10~% EXP and their map.

Hah. This quote is very ironic since most people wanted the AP reset price reduced ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Number32

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    If you don't buy and always have at least one safety charm as a level 150+ You're mentally disabled. You can also still afk on a rope or whatever and nothing can hurt you.
    Its one out of a million Kim. You know this too. (How about staying on topic? ;) )

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  13. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Really though if any server makes all the changes that most people want, you get more changes than you would ever wish in your favourite server. Let's be real. The only reason why people want summon sacks in game is

1) To kill new players that wait in PQ's in town
    2) Job advance maps (this actually is blocked already, so is no longer possible)
    3) Grinding maps to harass people that own a map, to either kill them as revenge, or to straight up try steal the map (dying = lost map)

I already observe the server above us for a very long time when it comes to summon sacks, and all that is done over there with them is.. killing people, harassing people, and trying steal maps from people. This happened in 2015, this will happen again when they will be bought back, since they literally have no other purpose.

Do that mean I don't want drama over at Legends because of the sacks? Yes. Were they nostalgic in GMS? I guess, but that was with 10000+ people and you usually kill people you don't know.

This is a small community of 500~800 players (or 4000+ active overall) and people communicate with each other much more than they would in the official servers.

This is a tight community, and summon bags do nothing more than making it worse.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    ask yourself how are they fun? if its to summon them on unsuspecting players. then thats not fun... for people dieing. i mean if you have high luck you lose less exp. but if youre warrior...

the only way i can see it working out if if there was an exclusive map where you could use summoning ballsacks

15. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    1) okay that's pretty mean but it's also a rare occurrence if you enable all bags but the jr rog one. And since it's rare it won't feel as bad to the player that got killed (because of the surprise of someone actually using one when you don't expect it).

2) no problems there.

3) if someone is afk in a map shouldn't you be able to try to take it? Nobody actively playing is going to lose a valuable map to the weak mobs from the quest sacks. Being able to try to kill someone afk adds a bit more dynamic to the not so perfect mapowner solution.

I used them mostly to mess around with friends, to me they're a fun part of the game and a great reward for questers.

All in all I do understand why you want to keep them out, I just hope you can see that there's more to them than just griefing.

• Like x 8
    • Disagree x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  16. Number32

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    1: You only lose 1% in town. It really isn't a big deal at all.
    2: So why bring this even up?
    3: there's ropes for a reason. And even if the mobs still reach you, FM is 2 seconds away. Don't afk or deal with the slight chance that someone might have a summoning bag and wants your map.

The only time I used summoning sacks when they were still in the game was to fuck with friends, and they got me back too, it's just a bit of banter and I haven't seen any drama with them, other than some people spawning them in job adv maps on every channel, which is a "problem" already fixed.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Nasuma91

Nasuma91 Orange Mushroom

Jul 31, 2017
    Male
    Amusan
    Hermit
    Babure
    I agree that summoning bags should be brought back for the sole purpose it brings back that nostalgic factor from actual GMS. You advertise this as old school maplestory on gtop. Part of the old school was the summoning sacks. Another thing that someone pointed out was that we are stuck with HP washing. My suggestion for a solution got rejected but and lower cost to ap reset also got rejected. There has to be median for both developers and the community to agree. If you just do what you want then basically this becomes a dictatorship with the community having no say whatsoever in how to improve the game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Ironically if washing was removed people would have plenty nx to be able to afford safety charms and this would be a non-issue.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    Here is all the points needed for it to be returned. The majority of people want it back, so please cut the bias and bring them back.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Number32

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    Wrong server if you think that's gonna be happening TriHard