1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bowman Buff suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zeretius, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    4:28 AM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Just a simple suggestion I had in mind since the Marksman class got a buff to snipe from 15 sec cd to 5 sec cd.

"Concentrate is a 26 att buff, reduces mana cost of all spells by 50% that lasts for 180 seconds. 6 minutes cd currently"

Reduce concentrate from 6 minutes cd to 4 minutes cd.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    What exactly does concentrate currently offer on this patch?

3. OP
    OP
    Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Concentrate is a 26 att buff, reduces mana cost of all spells by 50% that lasts for 180 seconds. Dispell-able by dark wyverns.

4. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    I find 26 att to be a rather strange number... but alright. My OCD is telling my that number needs to be changed, but let's ignore that and get back to point.

I can see cause for concern when the debuff timer (the cooldown) is as long as the buff itself (assuming max concentrate, meaning 6 - 3 mins off-time), but it lasts more than half a cider and has slightly more attack. I'm not sure how much you care about the mana cost decrease, but as someone who's played a bowmaster in the past, I can say that MP goes by quickly; though, that's mitigated by auto-pot and the fact that potions are honestly not so much expensive.

Would a compromise for you be more ideal, like trading the away the mana reduction or lowering the attack by a little to have no cooldown (essentially)? Because if you move the cooldown to 180 seconds, you basically have a free buff that's better than ciders that also cuts mana costs. Of course, that would be huge for BMs, much like how the Snipe change made markmen so much easier to play for the less funded.

5. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    i mean the main issues is that [like everything else] any attack buff overrides another attack buff.
    let's say you use concentrate and then a cider.
    concentrate will be up before your cider finishes, effectively wasting your cider. Once concentrate runs out, you have to cider again. It's especially annoying for long duration attack pots like apples, when you want concentrate to reduce mana but you can't use it because it overrides apple.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    I wouldn't trade anything maybe even a 4min cd , so 1 min downtime would be a better suggestion. Snipe from 15 sec to 5 sec increased dpm of snipe from 800k/min to 2.4m/min, 300% pure damage buff.

7. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Yeah, I do think the snipe buff was quite a bit overpowered; that being said, I think a 4 minute cd (1 min real cd) sounds quite a lot better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    I see what you mean; but then, would you really want to spec concentrate until late-game, or even at all? It just sounds like attack pots in general seem to be better than adding this skill, sadly.

Also, I can't remember exactly what the order of skills should be, realistically, but the only three skills, I guess, that come to mind when I think of BMs atm are Phoenix, Hurricane, and SE, so I guess I just realized this might be more of a concern for people, realistically, 16x and above to deal with.

EDIT: Just remembered that Bow Expert is a skill; so would concentrate be a 17x+ skill?

9. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    first three should be sharp eyes->hurricane->bow mastery in some order (120->150)
    concentrate would probably come after that

10. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    a pretty harmless buff IMO, but if the suggestion doesn't make people happy, we could change to cooldown to 5mins instead of 4mins, to match how long ciders last

• Like Like x 1
  11. BowJob

BowJob Horny Mushroom

May 9, 2015
    Male
    Leicester, UK
    8:28 AM
    BowJob
    Bowmaster
    Bump :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    Seems like a relatively harmless buff to me, especially since it can be dispelled

13. Skadi.Lance

Skadi.Lance Slime

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    4:28 PM
    Shinsoo
    Maybe enrage also since rage is buffed. Conc 30 and enrange 30 are like one of the most useless ht drops no one even sells the book :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Trying to read Library's comments, even on a 26 in monitor
    [​IMG]

Jesus christ why even type that shit. I read maybe two words before I stopped caring.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. BowJob

BowJob Horny Mushroom

May 9, 2015
    Male
    Leicester, UK
    BowJob
    Bowmaster
  16. Fanny

Fanny Blue Snail

Feb 11, 2018
    Male
    3:28 AM
    TheFanMan
    Bowmaster
    Muse
  17. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    3:28 AM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    Would force me to finally get that skill...