1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bring back SUMMONING SACKS

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Daydreamer, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    4:06 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    Currently this thread has 38 "agree" ratings and 2 "disagree" ratings... How many more do we need to get this changed? I looked in the accepted requests subforum and none of those posts have anywhere near 38 "agree" ratings. I wonder if the majority of the playerbase even looks at this subforum, so how do we even what the players think about summoning sacks? Just based on what the ratings are, it seems most are in favor.

2. rajuncajun

rajuncajun Orange Mushroom

Jun 20, 2015
    Beginner
    Maybe at the end of GPQ you can change the drop rate of Black Sacks or add other sacks like weaker ones such as Mushmom Summoning Sacks, Superslime Summoning Sacks (King Slime), Monster Sacks (with different types of mobs), etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    10:06 PM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    I have died soooooooooooooooo many more times from your buggy ass code knocking me off a rope than I have ever been, or would be likely to be killed by a summoning sack.
    Why don't you fix this bug instead of freaking out about the negative impact of summon sack which is negligible in comparison to the amount of people dying in what should be a guaranteed safe spot by a bug that you once laughed at as an "unintended anti leech system" and then praised it as "Neat!".

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:06 PM
    Moderator Post
    I am aware of the existence of this bug and asked in past for someone to record it so we at least see whats happening, which nobody have done yet. Also, I never called it 'neat' I did however say as a joke its an unintended anti leech system, but that was just once when it was reported for very first time

If we don't know how to replicate it (similar as the Zakum movement issue) its difficult to pinpoint and fix it, but the bug have been there for years now

5. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    Maybe do it yourself? I feel like if a bug gets appealed this much you should atleast put it to yourself to try and recreate it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    You think we haven't done this? It happens rarely randomly, so you can't just replicate it. We haven't actually got any @GM about it for weeks, to even a month+ so I am wondering if its even happening still.

7. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    10:06 PM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    I'm willing to bet my game accounts and forum account on it so if you still have all the logs and want to go thought them I would encourage it. That's how confident I am that you did in fact call it neat.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  8. wokkie

wokkie Mushmom

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Banned
    Happened to me and me leech partner last week, never knew we had to @gm it. If people don't report it it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
    Kim for the love of god just bring back the sacks, there are so many people wanting it back and you just hold tight to your own believe that it's bad. Take of your horse blinders and bring it back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Let's try to keep this thread on-topic... I don't want it to get locked because of too many irrelevant posts.

10. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    8:06 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    She won't bring sacks back

11. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    7:06 AM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    instead of sacks can we bring back candy instead? TriHard

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  12. mazi

mazi Mushmom

Aug 23, 2017
    Male
    Soundcloud
    mazi
    Beginner
    Don't think Kimberly has ever had a tendency to change her mind once it's made up, regardless on how ill-reasoned her position is.

It's best to move on and away from this topic to save yourselves time. If you really crave for Summoning Sacks to be in the game, perhaps try again in 2018.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    LUL

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    6:06 AM
    Paladin
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:06 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    lol you think hanging on a rope will save you? There are summoning sacks which contain flying mobs. All they have to do is knock you off, and the real mobs on the map will take care of the rest. There's other choice maps I can think of that would quickly get under the skin of high level players easily as well. Maybe I just won't say anything for now and make it a surprise.

It's not a good solution to bypass @mapowner afk cheese either because if we wanted to reduce the amount of time you could afk on a map while still holding it, all we'd have to do is reduce the time allowed in the code.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. Empower

Empower Blue Snail

Sep 5, 2017
    Male
    6:06 AM
    Empower
    Warrior
    Nintendo
    If the concern is with high level players losing ~10% due to the summoning sacks, lets just make the summoning sacks not make you lose any EXP on death. The main thrill with them is killing the players but punishing them with EXP loss is not the goal of them IMO.

17. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    I don't think that's possible tbh. I know you can make it so you can't lose exp in certain maps by making them "event maps". However idk if it's possible to do something similar with the cause of death.

18. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    lol wot, but you are dying to the summoned monster. if you take enough damage and die, you lose exp... there is no way around that, unless you had the safety charm
    you are trying to have one without the other, when one is directly linked to the other.
    hence why this topic is still being debated. though it seems a majority of people really like trying to kill each other, in the name of 'fun'

19. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    7:06 PM
    Crusader
    If someone murders me with a summoning sack, even if there's no XP loss, I'm still forced to walk all the way from town to the map I was at. Pretty sure there's no way to compensate my lost time.

20. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Complaining about losing time while playing a videogame? FoxNo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.