1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comprehensive Guide to Leeching

Discussion in 'Training' started by Alyosha, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    11:13 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    This guide is from 2017 and uber dated. Just about everything in it is wrong by this point and I wouldn't use any of it as a reference.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...ve-guide-to-leeching.17463/page-4#post-310485
    Nightz posted some numbers later in the thread, use those.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/guide-krythans-leech-buying-guide.48954/
    Krythan's guide, another source to use instead

And I wouldn't use any of these numbers to compare to your current leecher because chances are I was terrible at the game. For most of them you should expect much higher returns. At my best I was still a bottom tier leecher.

I'm here to bring you the numbers, the locations, and the strategies for every lazy-bones favorite game concept: Leeching. I hope you find the numbers useful, whether you are a high level mage/bishop, brand new to 4th job, or someone looking to get the most exp for your mesos.

First things first: When can I get leech exp and how is that leech exp determined? To get the exp, there are two simple guidelines, are you at the very least 5 levels below the level of the monster, or are you within 5 levels of the leecher? Within 5 levels of the attacker is generally used in training parties, say at Windraiders or at MP3, and is useful for people getting exp from their party mates. Windraiders are level 70, which means you would have to be level 65 to get exp from your partners, or, if your partner is level below level 70, you can be within 5 levels of them. Say your friend is level 66, then you can get exp from Windraiders starting at level 61.

Thank you to Ever for the information on bonus party exp, it's something I completely neglected, and bonus event exp also deserves to be written about.

The determination of how much exp you get was a hard formula to find, but it's available. To my best knowledge and through testing, I've found it to be accurate:

For the leech:

Base monster exp x (.8 x (your level)/(Total level of all members of the party)) x 1.5 if Holy Symbol is used + bonuses

There's also two yellow numbers below this "base" exp, the bonus party exp and the bonus event exp.
    For the person killing monsters:

Base monster exp x (.2 + .8 x (your level)/(Total level of all members of the party)) x 1.5 if HS is present, and again, the party bonus will be added below, along with bonus exp from the event.

As an example: Wolf Spiders provide 2400 base exp when killed normally. You are level 75 and you are buying leech from a level 150 bishop. There is no bonus exp event going on. This means you will get 2400(WS exp) x (.8 x 75(your level)/(75(your level)+150(his level)) x 1.5(hs) + 10%(bonus party exp)

Simplified: 2400 x (.8 x 75/225) x 1.5 + 10%
    2400 x .266666 x 1.5 + 10% = 960(base) + 96(bonus party) = 1056 total exp per Wolf Spider killed.

Now the leecher's exp per wolf spider: 2400 x (.2 + .8 x 150/225) x 1.5+ 10%
    = 2640(base) + 264(bonus party) = 2904 total exp per wolf spider

There's a few things to notice from these numbers. First of all, in most cases the person doing the leech is usually either benefiting from leeching you exp wise, or they are coming out nearly neutral. In this case, they are completely breaking even exp wise(after you consider +10% from HS and training alone). If they were level 160 killing WS with a level 75, they'd be getting more exp than if they'd do it alone.

The next thing to take notice for is the extra .2 at the beginning of the killer's equation. It's a giant boost to what you're killing, and it's what makes the big difference when you're the one getting the white exp from bosses. If you're duoing a boss, it means you get 30-40% more exp than your partner, but that effect is diminished as the size of your party increases.

Another thing is that party exp increases as the number of participants in the leech increase. It gives a slight buff to split leech as there is the bonus becomes 15% but there are still drastically diminishing returns as the number of participants increases beyond just 2 leeches.

The final thing to take note of from these numbers: Levels matter a fair amount. If the person you are buying leech from is significantly higher than you, then the exp you can expect is quite a bit lower than if you had a mid level bishop/mage. Let's do a Wolf Spider example again: You are level 75 and have the option to go with someone who is level 125 or someone who is level 175. They both 1ko the monsters and there is no noticeable difference between how they kill.

For the level 125 leecher: 2400 x (.8 x 75 / (75 + 125) x 1.5 + 10% = 1198 exp per kill
    For the level 175 leecher: 2400 x (.8 x 75 / (75 + 175) x 1.5 + 10% = 950 exp per kill

For this reason, leeching with someone who is significantly higher leveled, in this case, means you only receive 79% of the exp you would than if you went with a lower leveled option. For this reason it's smart to a leecher who is still freshly 1ko'ing the monsters you want to leech off of, and reserve places like Petrifighters and Skellies for the more seasoned players.

This aforementioned equation makes this section come with a warning: This part is only a guideline. The rates of what you can expect will vary, depending on technique, levels, attention, strategies, and whether there is an event with bonus exp going on. For these numbers, I leeched as a level 166 bishop with varying levels for the leechers(fairly close to levels when they would leech there), all during this current 10% bonus exp event. If you're reading in the future, then rates could be slightly lower due to this event. If numbers aren't my own then I will be sure to mark them. (Contributions are welcome if you want to post numbers! Especially 1ko petris/skellies, and credit will be given)

So on to the next part: The general amount of exp you can expect by being a leech in many spots around the maple world!

Monster - level that you can leech - how much exp you can expect buying an hour of leech

Thicket Around The Beach III - any level - coming soon!

Given the right-off-Maple-Island level this is probably the first place to consider for people committed to add almost 100% of their AP into intelligence for HP washing for the first 40 or so levels, and it's either this or quests. Really if you feel the need to leech here you're probably trying to create a perfect attacker, but if you're not, then just do quests. I'd recommend leaving once you hit level 20 or so, it'll just be too slow to do conceivably, and you'd be better off attempting HPQ/KPQ most of the time.

Again, mostly just a spot to go to if you plan on leeching an attacker up with a crud-ton of int, though you'll hate yourself because the drops are pretty garbage and you need to bring your bishop or AM to Ludi, and it sucks doubley for AM's because they can't really use their HS mule.

This is where leech actually starts to feel decent and at least halfway better than grinding on your own. The map you ought to go to isn't the one with the Stirges and Jr wraiths, it's actually in Line 2 of the subway. In the Stirge only map, climb down and go continue down through the unmarked portal. You'll get to a map with Jr. Wraiths and Jr. Neckis. This map allows the leech to be in a safespot, allowing you to keep your tab 100% focused on your attacker or allows your leech to be afk. Another decent benefit is that this map makes some half decent money, the power crystal ores more than make up for the cost of potions on a bishop/AM, at least if you bother to collect them.

This mob is slightly better choice after Jr. Wraiths, offering slightly more exp and also a chance at the fairly expensive Helmet Dex 60% scroll. I haven't tested both maps, just the one with many platforms in 2 big columns. It won't feel very fast, after Jr. Wraiths and regular wraiths most leech just feels slow, mostly due to the lack of maps with massive amounts of monsters like in the subway. So again, this map is mostly useful for attackers with tons of int that can't regularly kill monsters, and for people starting to go crazy after so many hours of Jr. Wraiths.

The exp here isn't bad, it's the best you'll probably find until you hit level 50, but by the time you get high into the 40s it'll feel slow. Really it's another spot to consider if you can't kill monsters normally, like if you have 120 base int by this point. Training is probably just as fast or faster than leeching here.

It's an odd spot, rather difficult to get to, but it's the best option available at this level. The map is quite simple once you get to it, it's in the sauna in Showa Town, and on the right side of the sauna you enter a secret portal on one of the faucets.

A word of warning though: This map is only available for leeching by same-sex characters. The guy's sauna and the girl's sauna are two different maps, so you have to keep that in mind or else you'll end up disappointed.

Probably the last leg of leeching an attacker, because frankly I would never recommend buying GS2 leech. It's an equivalent to actually training at the map itself, and it's probably inferior to training at MP3 with a party. With drops, a bishop/AM can come out neutral money-wise after the equips and Wand M Att 60s are factored in.

Welcome to the first taste of real leech. It's the first sort of leech to actually consider buying, though it is expensive and hard to find willing leechers for it. It's a giant pain to get to, with having to know how to traverse the Phantom Forest and getting past a Jump Quest that is most likely going to kill you on your first couple tries, because the Priest's Magic Door doesn't work anywhere near Phantom Forest. The map is also terrible because it has very few valuable drops, and without getting paid it probably is a loss to the leecher. It also involves some really repetitive movements, and all around isn't fun for the leecher.

To get to WindRaiders: From the mansion, go through the rightmost portal. Climb the first rope you see, and go through the portal directly on the left. This is the Gorge with all the NPCs. Go through the portal on the right, into the forest, and continue walking right until you hit the very edge-most portal. Go in that, then begin walking left. Pass by the first portal you see, and go into the second portal. You should be on the topside of a map, go into the portal to your left, and there will be a mini Jump Quest filled with Crimsonwood Mountain monsters. The spot you want to get to is directly above you, so follow that path to the right, up, then back left. When you go through the portal, you'll hit the Crimsonwood Mountain Jump Quest. That pillar will kill you in one hit, so you have to be very careful not to be anywhere near it. Also, its hitbox sucks so it's made even worse by that. There are video guides on Youtube to complete it, look it up otherwise you will tear your hair out.

I remember the way there because I break it down into two steps: Go right, then go left. All of the beginning part involves going right, and the last part is going left. All you need to remember is where it swiches.

There's a pattern for killing Windraider: To the right of the first initial rope is a statue that teleports players to the top. Teleport up, walk right to the 3 platforms and cast Gen/Meteor/Blizz(Stand to the side of the middle platform to hit all three platforms). Jump down to the main Windraider platform and kill the main platform, the one above it, and the one below it. Completely ignore the top platform with 2 WRs on it and all the other spawns. Each rotation is just two casts, after you do that go to the teleport statue and start again.

*My exp rate here could potentially be wrong. I need to retest it.

This place is still a relatively unknown place, because it's only been introduced in the last patch. The number may be a fair bit lower than Windraiders while having a higher level requirement, but the benefits of coming here rather than WR are quite numerous. First of all, it's not a giant pain to get to the location. It's in Taipei 101, which can be reached by going from Kerning City to Taiwan, then from Taiwan to Taipei. When you get there, you just leave the city on the top right, go up a floor past the perfume and take the center portal there. Leeches can be be safe by hanging on the rope on the lower floor right side.

The second benefit of leeching here is that there is a lot of money to be earned here. From equips to large cash drops and a few decent scrolls, it's a decent money making strategy regardless of the leeching potential.

Finally, the mobs automatically agro on you, meaning you can just stand stationary and wait for the mobs to come to you. It makes it a lot less work all around, leaving you to watch Netflix or Youtube while leeching because it doesn't take 100% of your attention.

It's also possible to move on to female mannequins at level 72, but I don't think the drops make it worth it for what might be a marginal experience increase. Haven't grabbed any numbers though, the spawn might be better, if anyone has more info I'd appreciate it. Male Mannequins start at level 75 though, and in that case, go to Wolf Spiders :p

All these benefits do come at the cost of losing out on ~20% of the exp of WR, but I feel the benefits all outweigh that exp loss.

Windraiders and Mannequins are also two spots for new bishops/Arch Mages to check out to start out in selling leech. At level 120-130 the exp won't be too terrible, you'll be able to 1ko both of these mobs right off the advancement and make some money to afford a decent wand at level 130.

Ahhh, Wolf Spiders. Probably most people's first experience with leeching, and for good reason. The exp is insane, and there will always be a seller because of all the great drops as well. Ilbis, spear attack 30s, and plenty of equips make this place a great place to earn money, and selling leech adds to that.

The technique is kinda fun to do, at least for me. Go right, hope down the platforms and kill, go up the middle, then go down the left side. Rinse and repeat, and enjoy the money rolling in.

This spot is different, but I include it because it's a very casual spot. It's about as good of a money spot as Wolf Spiders, including decent scrolls, equips, and steelies, but has the benefit of not being necessary to move unless you're looting. It has a couple downsides, the first is that the exp is less, and the other is that this place is a giant pain if you don't 1ko them because they will use a range of debuffs against you. The Blood Harps have 30k HP, so if you are hitting at least that you're good to leech here.

The map is located in Leafre, look for it in the world map, and the monsters located here are Harps and Blood Harps. While you are standing on the platform under the top platform, you can hit every platform, and you're almost guaranteed 15 kills per cast.

As for when to loot, there are a couple skills that come as good reminders. Bless and Meditate both last 200 seconds, and the time it takes for items to despawn is 180 seconds. When the skill is almost up, it means it's time to circle the platforms and loot, then rebuff, then start killing again.

Deep Sea Gorge II is a personal favorite of mine, with its great cash drops, different movement mechanics, and just satisfaction that comes with having a 40+ monster kill pile.

It does take a fairly high amount of magic to 1ko the houses, because they have 40.5k HP. After that's your minimum hit, this place becomes a great money maker and a decent spot to train. The spot is even better if you are self-leeching a Hermit who invested their first SP into Meso-Up, and it's not hard to walk away with ~8-10mil an hour here in that case.

The one downside is that the leech ought to be either a CB or a Hermit, because there are no safespots where Gobies can't hit you. This makes the choice of partners sort of limited, but with the money and the exp it should be a first choice for anyone self-leeching a new Night Lord.

Ulu City Entrance - level 80 - 7.7mil/hour solo 1ko(Thanks, Themi)

Black Kentaurus - level 83 - coming soon!

Ulu 1, a map filled with Berserkies and Veetrons, is a relatively common choice for people who aren't ready for Ulu 2. The exp is slowed down by the weird shape of the map, but the drops are still pretty good considering it's the Veetrons that drop Red Cravens, though their price in recent days hasn't been great. It's a solidly fast place to leech, with decent drops, but it's not a map most leechers actively enjoy leeching in, because it's outclassed in every aspect by Ulu 2.

Gobies + Bonefish - level 87 - coming soon!

Gallos leech is something that I've seen pop up in smegas a few times these last few days, but really, it's not very great considering all the other options are both better money and better exp. The spawn isn't great, so the number of kills per cast is pretty low usually, which leads to fewer drops, but the drops can be nice. Bottomwear dex 60% and GFA 60% are decent money, but it's probably about an equal moneymaker to Ulu 1, while giving ~10% less exp. Another benefit of them is that they are weak to Holy, meaning that bishops can 1ko Gallos a lot sooner than they can 1ko Ulu 1. Overall I'd consider Gallos to be a mediocre Ulu 1(And Ulu 1 is a mediocre Ulu 2)

Ulu 2 - level 90 - 13.6mil/hour solo 1ko

Himes - level 95 - coming soon!

Cornians - level 100 - 10.8mil/hour solo 2ko

Petris - level 105 - 17.6mil/hour solo 2ko; 33.1mil/hour solo 1ko(Thanks, Tundra)

This is something the server could probably see more of, especially for Priests looking for some fast, cheaper leech, and for Bigfoot hunters to make some good money while doing some leveling they planned on doing anyways. This section deserves it's own math to go along with it:

Killing BF at level 160 with an HS mule: 5,852,000 exp
    Killing BF at level 160 with a level 110 Priest leeching: 5,320,000 x (.2 + .8 x 160/(160+110)) x 1.5 + 10% = 5,379,111 + 537,911 = 5,917,022 total exp

Leeching BF as a level 110 priest from a level 160 attacker: 5,320,000 x (.8 x 110/(110+160)) x 1.5 + 10% = 2,600,888(kill) + 260,088(party bonus) = 2,860,976 total exp

So leeching Bigfoot leads to a higher amount of exp for the killer, and it's possible to charge for it, leaving BF a fairly lucrative business for anyone who feels like buddying up with a priest. If you are a priest in the market, be sure to keep an etiquette of secrecy and remain quiet and out of the way. Never tell others that you're leeching at BF while it's going on. Ruining attackers daily runs is a really terrible thing to do, so make sure not to tell people when you're leeching at Bigfoot.

Most BF hunters get between 3-6 kills in per hour, so the experience you can get in an hour is likely going to sit between 9-18mil exp. I've never sold leech here, or even really talked to people who can sell, so the what it would cost is up to the attacker. If I had to take an educated and fair guess, I'd say that each BF kill is valued around 1-2mil mesos.

You can also ask to help assist killers by killing the wraiths that harass the attackers or by being a lure for the Elder Wraiths in Evil Dead/Evil Rising(Just grab the Elder Wraith's agro and walk back and forth, making sure they don't go for the attacker)

Skellies - level 108 - 13.8mil/hour solo 2ko

Nowadays, the common thing to do is to split leech with a partner. In almost every case, it's the economically viable thing to do and results in the most exp for your mesos. The exp is different because from the equation, you're adding 3 numbers to the total party level rather than just 2, and the bonus party exp changes from 10% to 15%. What you can expect from split leech is to gain around ~70-80% of what you would expect from regular leech. This is beneficial because generally people selling split leech keep the rate for selling at a little more than half their solo cost.

Let's add another level 75 to the equation for WS with the level 150 bishop to get the idea of expected return:

2400 x (.8 x 75/(75+75+150)) x 1.5 + 10%
    = 792 total exp per wolf spider

Solo = 1056, split = 792
    So in this case split leech will offer you 75% of the exp you would get from solo leeching.

Things aren't always so fair though, as Nise has kinda pointed out, so let's use Petris as an example of this, where leechers leech their attackers while selling split leech to a secondary person.

Let's say you're 110, the leecher has a level 140 alt with them, and the mage is level 160.

For you:

9100 x (.8 x 110/(110+140+160) x 1.5 + 10%
    =3223 total exp per petrifighter

For the level 140 alt:

9100 x (.8 x 140/(110+140+160) x 1.5 + 10%
    =4101 total exp per petrifighter

So from these numbers it's pretty clear higher level leeches get a significantly higher amount of exp, with the low level only getting 78.5% of what the higher level gets, but it's hard to say it's not fair without doing the math for two level 110's with the level 160 mage. The difference is in the circumstance, and comparing numbers between two different levels isn't quite accurate without comparing the data to what it would be if there were two people of the same level. I have some math to help you understand why you shouldn't get your pitchforks out just yet:

9100 x (.8 x 110/110+110+160) x 1.5 +10%
    =3477 exp per petrifighter

So essentially, you aren't getting 78.5%(3223/4101) of what you should be getting, you're getting 92.7%(3223/3477) of what it would be regularly. It's a lot less noticeable this way, and it's no reason to be angry at the person leeching you. They have goals too, let them
    get their attacker up while selling you leech.

Yuuki and I created an easy, tl;dr guide for people to save to their computers and access anytime.

https://imgur.com/a/Mw1E2
    [​IMG]
    Things still to come: An in depth explanation for the rest of these aforementioned areas, strategies, locations, and reasoning behind these locations. Also going to add more locations as they become available to me. Best of luck to all of you out there! And if there's anything else you'd like for me to try explaining, feel free to ask!
    [/SPOILER]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    • Informative x 10
    • Useful x 7
    • Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
  2. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    7:13 PM
    ControlPanel / WireLess / FireWall / HotSpot
    Bandit
    Beaters
    That is actually pretty useful!
    Are there any other useful leeching places or those are "the best"? :)
    I would advice to add a table with the lvl of the player that can be leeched, or the range of the lvls - monster name and lvl and the exp amount.
    You have also the higer lvls of monsters like petri sekle and eventually boss leech like zakum at lvl 135 :)
    You could make the guide all colorful and nice!
    Anyway GOOD JOB!
    can't wait to see the rest!

3. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    There are a few other places I should be checking out, like Red Slimes for leeching at 50, Master Chronos at 41, and maybe I could see if himes are good leeching for 95+ hermits/CBs with their Dark Sight keeping them safe. Gobies + Bonefish are also needed at 87+ to see how much the exp changes from Gobies alone. I hit all the major places exp wise, but I could use input for 1ko Petris/skellies, and I might want to nerf myself to check out how Ulu 2 with 2ko goes. There are some dips in the chart depending on the spot, but there are benefits to those spots, like being better money or being less walk intensive. I'll try to go over them tomorrow.

I'm not the best at making data look pretty, maybe someone like Yuuki can make a handy little picture chart that we'd be able to download. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    ControlPanel / WireLess / FireWall / HotSpot
    Bandit
    Beaters
    I'm not sure how effective Himes leech is - since the person needs to be there ALL the time...
    and pay a LOT of attention, and might die (very probable....) and a CB should be able to go himes at lvl 71 with MG +ME so i don't see why would somebody go there for a leech at 95+

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    3:13 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Great guide I was actually looking for a guide like this so thank you! ^^

Another thing that I think could be added is an explanation for how split leech works. You have the formula for how leech xp is split between the leechers (.8xlevel). But it would be nice to know what the maximum level difference should be when buying split leech with someone.

For example, with 1hko split petri leech I've heard if ur split leech partner (usually the leech seller's own character) is like 20-30 lvls above you then you get significantly less xp? Not really sure how it works so would love to see it explained :D

Anyway great work!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Koyumi

Koyumi Red Snail

Oct 25, 2017
    12:13 PM
    Bowmaster
    SlimeWink Im on it~

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Great guide! Would be extremely useful for me as I started two new characters MapleF15

8. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    I'd recommend Thicket Around The Beach III.

9. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Thanks! I added a section on split leech. While it seems like it's unfair with much higher leveled characters, it's much less noticeable than one would expect. It might still be hard to understand, because a person shouldn't compare the numbers from the high level leech and the low level leech, it should be compared to the potential that comes from 2 leeches that are the same level, if that makes any sense. It makes a difference, but it's only about ~5 minutes of difference in an hour. Maybe ask your leecher for an extra 5 minutes to compensate. :p

10. Vera

Vera Dark Stone Golem

Sep 27, 2016
    Female
    ei
    8:13 PM
    Nolo
    Buccaneer
    Demure
    this is cool!
    i'd add black kents to the list, those are pretty nice at 83

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    2:13 PM
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    1 Hit Petri Solo Leech from Tundra (Lvl 181 I/L with spellbooster)
    I was level 120, over a 5 minute epm, 33.1m/hr
    during the 10% bonus exp event

1 hit Ulu City Entrance Leech (the map before Ulu 1)
    level 80 leeched by a 143 Bishop with no exp events, 1 hit
    5 minute epm was 7m/hr, 7.7 during 10% bonus

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  12. Sloth

Sloth Master Chronos

Mar 5, 2017
    Male
    5:13 AM
    Raphiel, Trivia
    Bishop
    Home
    Pretty nice guide but if this is during 10% exp event, I would say 1hit solo petri would be higher than 26.8mil p/h.
    I am leeching my lvl 157 NL as a lvl 172 bishop and I get 29.1mil p/h at skele (1hit). If you reduce some exp due to buffing it would still range around 27~28m p/h.
    I would definitely say that 1h solo petri would go at least 5mil more than 1h solo skele.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ever

Ever Mixed Golem

Jun 23, 2017
    Female
    Ever
    Islander
    Team
    You need to multiply 1.1 now because there is 10% exp boost from Halloween event. (Summer event was 15%; therefore 1.15)
    Plus, keep in mind that there is "Party Bonus" regarding to calculate EXP.
    Party of 2: 10% / 3: 15% / 4: 20% / 5: 25% / 6: 30%

Correct Equation would be (Party of 2):

Person Killing Monters:
    Monster EXP * (0.2 + (0.8 * Your Level / Total Party Level)) * 1.5 (HS) * 1.2 (20% from both Party Bonus and Halloween EXP boost)

Person Getting Leech:
    Monster EXP * (0.8 * Your Level / Total Party Level) * 1.5 (HS) * 1.2 (20% from both Party Bonus and Halloween EXP boost)

You can change the value 1.2 at the very last according to your party size and event bonus exp boost.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  14. MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    Ugh John, thank you so much for pointing some of these out! I get so frustrated when leechers get upset at me because of their exp when it isn't my fault. I couldn't go in depth with calculations but I always have to explain to them that me being 19x is already rough on the exp, let alone the person they're splitting with's level. x-x Maybe now they'll be a bit more reasonable given the maths are here? xD

15. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Ooooo that changes a lot of things. Completely forgot there was bonus party exp, and my source never mentioned it. :X (Can't even recall where I found the equation, I just memorized it...)

I'm not sure if it's just a multiplier to stick onto the end of the number though. Actually I don't think it makes a difference if it's expressed as (exp x 1.1) or if it's (exp + (.1 x exp)). The second one makes a bit more sense in the context that it's the yellow number below the white exp, called "exp gained from party".

I guess I have a fair amount to rewrite. Thanks for the fix and the information! :3

Also the Petris number is probably low, Vulpix himself even told me so. Gonna need to have it tested a bit more.

And I'm glad that people enjoy the guide, I'm glad to contribute to this community. I'll get to testing out suggestions later, for now I'd like to concentrate on re-writing the math parts with the addition of bonus party exp, doing an in-depth analysis of the current spots and what makes them worth trying, and having a pocket guide completed for everyone to use, thanks to lot's of help from Yuukinni.

16. Ever

Ever Mixed Golem

Jun 23, 2017
    Female
    Ever
    Islander
    Team
    I think the server handles bonus exp separately. (Both party and event)
    If you want "precise" exp, then you should calculate them separately because it "rounds down" if there's any decimal point. (eg. 129.6 -> 129)
    (But I think it's negligible anyways)

To be precise for party of 2 with HS,

Person Killing Monsters:
    Original: Monster EXP * (0.2 + (0.8 * Your Level / Total Party Level)) * 1.5 (HS)
    Party of 2 Bonus: Monster EXP * (0.2 + (0.8 * Your Level / Total Party Level)) * 1.5 (HS) * 0.1
    Halloween Event EXP Boost: Monster EXP * (0.2 + (0.8 * Your Level / Total Party Level)) * 1.5 (HS) * 0.1

You gotta add all 3, and you should round down if there's any decimals in any of 3.

Person Getting Leech:
    Original: Monster EXP * (0.8 * Your Level / Total Party Level) * 1.5 (HS)
    Party of 2 Bonus: Monster EXP * (0.8 * Your Level / Total Party Level) * 1.5 (HS) * 0.1
    Halloween Event EXP Boost: Monster EXP * (0.8 * Your Level / Total Party Level) * 1.5 (HS) * 0.1

Again, You gotta add all 3, and you should round down if there's any decimals in any of 3.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  17. Stow

Stow Mixed Golem

Apr 30, 2017
    2:13 AM
    Dazzle
    Magician
    How about leeching at ninja castle Castle Corridor [2]? Gonna try once my bishop is unbanned.

18. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I'll try to find my way there, but from my first attempts at navigating the castle, it might be difficult. :3

In other news I've added a lot of guides to the locations. I'm kinda proud of the BF leech part because it's some relatively unused leech for how good it can be.

• Like Like x 1
  19. imadde

imadde Mixed Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Sauron/Login/Play.
    Bishop
    Demure
    Gobies is the fastest from 80-105 if the bishop can 1hit the houses.

20. Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Enter Galactic You and Me
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    would like to add you can't afk here though. Darksight possibly? have heard never tried myself. Going to try out darksight and himes in a few lvl with my CB. might actually be able to one shot since I'm bish not I/l f/p. ulu2 is slow af if u can't 1 shot =[