1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Guide] Grinding/Leeching at Crimson Guardians (115+)

Discussion in 'Training' started by Nise, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:10 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    [INTRODUCTION]

Sick of killing petris over and over? Tired of how slow the grind is getting? Need a breath of fresh air in your end game MapleLegends life? I INTRODUCE YOU TO CRIMSON GUARDIANS (crims)!

[​IMG]

'Better exp than petris! Comparable leech xp to 1-hit petris! AND 24/7 empty maps!'

[​IMG]

SS-ed during bonus exp event~

[​IMG]

SS-ed during bonus exp event~

Okay so crims give off the walls exp, but how come I haven't heard of them before?

That's because you can only effectively grind these mobs using a Heaven's Hammer combination. This is a NEW technique/method that only works on Legends because of the Paladin changes. So with a pally partner you can unlock crims as an effective grind spot or even a superb leech spot.

Crimson Guardians
    Level
    : 120 (leechable from 115+)
    Hp: 120k
    Exp: 12.2k (petris is 9.1k) - with Legends x2 bonus
    Location: NLC Crimsonwood Keep (door-able, no need to do the stupid jump quest -.-)
    Spawn rate: THICC
    Weak to: Nothing
    Strong against: Fire, poison, ice
    Immune against: Holy & heal (Genesis does 1 dmg)
    Ability: seals you after it takes damage

SUMMARY: Killing these mobs are annoying as fuck cus of their immunity/strengths + their seal. BUT the xp & spawn is sooooo juicy.

Pros:
    • Amazing xp (better than BFs even if done absolutely perfectly)
    • Your equips/attack range does not matter (I sometimes wear full int gear and can still grind here)
    • Drops Brandish 20 (sold for 5+ m)
    • Possibility of selling crim leech (will confirm soon)
    Cons
    • Will burn through all cures
    • Training here will not nett you more mesos (nothing NPC-able drops, and only thing that is worth money is Brandish 20)

[TECHNIQUE (HH COMBO)]

Heaven's Hammer = 4th job pally skill that reduces mob hp to 1. It has a 10 second cooldown (on Legends only), and allows us to do some creative things like Crims :D

Finisher = is any skill that can deal damage to 15+ mobs, like:
    - DK's roar
    - Genesis
    - Meteor
    - Blizzard
    Wait didn't you say genesis only does 1 damage to the mobs? Yup! But HH is a skill that brings mobs down to 1 hp, so it doesn't matter that crims give bishops flashbacks to their Maple Island days hitting 1s to snails!

Execution

Max rank HH has a 10 second cooldown, which is the perfect amount of time to go from one side of the map to the other side for the pally.

Rather than using your HH as soon as the cooldown is off, it is better to wait for the mobs to respawn - if usually coincides with your HH cooldown, but if your finisher was delayed in killing the mobs, you might need 1-2 seconds before you see the mobs respawn.
    [TIP] To see when mobs respawn, it's better to stay on the bottom platform!​

As a finisher, you want to cast your finisher (e.g. Genesis) right when you see the hammer swinging down as a part of the HH animation. This guarantees your damage going through + allows the mobs to respawn ASAP.

Expected Xp

During event exp boost (with 10% bonus), you can get up to 78m xp/hr as a Pally as you saw in the screen shot above.

Without event exp boost, the rates depend on whether you have partied HS or unpartied HS. With unpartied HS (which offers a slightly less bonus than partied HS), you get an average of 65m xp/hr. You might hit the low 70m's with an EPM 1, but as an average number 65m is a more realistic number.

But here's still the obligatory ss to rub it into your face :p

71.5.png

Message to Mage Finishers
    Training here with a Pally will not actually get you more xp than you training at Petris/skele. BUT this is actually perfect for lower lvl mages (120-140) because even with Lvl 1 gene/meteor/blizzard you can be a finisher.

ALSO if you have a second character you need to leech, xp is comparable to 1 hit Petris (up to 37m xp/hr during event bonus & 31m xp/hr without). And you don't need to be Lvl 18x or JayChou (if your a bishop) to do this!

[Solo Grinding]

The optimized way of training here is with a finisher but it is possible for pallys to solo grind with HH + tons of all cures.

Solo at crims (no HS) mule will get you around 35m xp/hour. You will burn through wayyy more all cures solo, but compared to the measly 19m xp/hour solo at petris you get, the trade off might be worth it.

Note: I did manage to hit 43m xp/hour solo (during event bonus) and I have the screenshot to prove it, but haven't been able to recreate that miracle :s

44m solo.png

[Leeching]

Since there aren't that many pallys on this server, this might be the section thats relevant to most people.

It works not only for 115-13x as an alternative form of leeching, but also for higher level players. I've been leeching a 15x guildie as a Lvl 14x. While after 4th job, most say leeching isn't worth it (excluding self-leech), but because of how juicy the xp is, it is a viable leech spot for high level players as well!

If you want to understand how the leech works and how you can recreate the leech, its pretty complicated to explain so bear through all this writing <3 If not, you can just look at the leech xp rates

Leech Xp Rates

With a HS mule (partied HS):
    - Solo (29 - 30m xp/hour)
    - Split (23m xp/hour)​

Without a HS mule, but with unpartied HS:
    - Solo (26 - 27m xp/hour)
    - Split (20 - 21m xp/hour)​

How to Leech

I explained the technique of grinding at crims above, so I won't repeat that explanation. BUT what I need to explain is how the parties are made to make leeching effective/efficient.

In the leech xp rates, I make a distinction between partied HS & unpartied HS. That's because your finisher (bishop or archmage) will NOT be in your party if you are leeching another character. They do 1 damage, so if they're in the party it's essentially just dead weight. It's like adding another character to leech. Now, because the finisher is not in your party, that means the leeching party (pally + leechers) will have two scenarios:
    1. HS mule in party (usually comes along with the archmage)
    2. HS from bishop before they are kicked out of the party (and readded every time they need to re-HS)
    HOWEVER, there is an exception to the finisher not being in your party. IF you have a bishop finisher + split leeching, it is actually preferable sometimes (depends on lvl differences) for the bishop to be IN the leeching party.

With the bishop unpartied, you get a 3 party member xp bonus + reduced HS bonus. From one of my split leech sessions, the xp was:
    - Pally = 44m xp/hr
    - 14x Dk = 22m xp/hr
    - 13x Hero = 19m xp/hr​

With the bishop partied
    , you get a 4 party member xp bonus + full HS bonus. From the same leeching party, with the bishop added, the xp was:
    - Pally = 43m xp/hr
    - 14x Dk = 21m xp/hr
    - 13x Hero = 21m xp/hr
    - 12x Bishop = 20m xp/hr​

Tip: the safe spot on the map is on the bottom right hand corner of the map on the first step. This is the perfect location for a leecher/hs mule.

[EXPLANATION FOR WHY THIS WORKS]

I'm assuming some of you might be curious for how I've made crims a viable grinding spot and would like an explanation. I could also be wrong and people might not even open up this section, in which case... rip me.

To get into explaining why it works, we have to first see why it doesn't work. Once damaged, crims start casting a seal which causes a delay in you doing more damage to them (even if you all cure immediately). The only way to effectively grind these mobs would be to 1 or 2-hit them. Then you would either have to just all cure once or avoid being sealed all together.

But warriors can't dish out 120k damage (at least not for mobbing purposes). And mages are pretty fucked due to crims being strong against ice/fire (even as a 18x f/p archmage meteor only does around 40k), and immune to holy (rip 1 damage even if you're Lvl 200).

The only way we can get around this issue is pseudo-1 hitting where 2 players attack the mobs. First attacker gets sealed, but then the second attacker finishes them off in "1-hit" which prevents seal.

The only class that can be the first attacker is a pally, since no other class can do 100k+ damage to multiple mobs, considering the crims' strengths and immunity.

But at the same time, solo pally isn't really effective since you'd get sealed as you go around the map trying to finish off 1 hp monsters. The solution for this problem was to recruit a finisher who can kill off all these 1 hp crims. ^^

Well! Thanks for reading and hope some of you guys will go onto try crims! Or if you have any questions about it, drop me a message and I'd be glad to answer your questions ^^

Special thanks to all my essence guildies & others for helping me experiment & figure this out ^^
    Yolock, BlackApe, TheSinimini, Mojojo, DivineArrow, Helya, Greenwaves, Yaranzo~

ALSO S> Crims leech!!! Check link for prices!
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/s-crimson-guardian-leech-115.17710/

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    • Informative x 7
    • Like x 4
    • Great Work x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. kissMagE

kissMagE Selkie Jr.

May 28, 2017
    Female
    6:10 AM
    JoeL
    Beginner
  3. oochinchin

oochinchin Timer

Jul 2, 2017
    Antartica
    11:10 AM
    ooChinChin
    Hero
    DeathSoul
    Does hero's shout work as a finisher? Although the aoe is pretty small

4. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    6:10 PM
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    could we see a video of you guys doing it

5. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    SHIT bro its time for me to rush level myself to Lv155! Amazing find, love you :kiss:

6. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    It could work as a sub-par substitute but you won't get crazy xp :S since it only hits 6, that reduces the number respawned + makes HH only a 1/3rd effective (HH hits around 15 mobs)

But if you wanna give it a try hit me up ^^ always looking for partners

7. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Ill try to record a clip and upload it next time I'm training/leeching ^^

8. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Thanks dude! #PallyLivesMatter xD Hehe yea been so fast getting to 155 cus of this :D pretty much 1.5 lvl per day for the equivalent of training like 75% at petris with a mage

9. oochinchin

oochinchin Timer

Jul 2, 2017
    Antartica
    11:10 AM
    ooChinChin
    Hero
    DeathSoul
    oh hell yeah, i'd be down for that, I can bring my mu/hs mules too

10. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    5:10 PM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    Good to see that Pally can be very useful! I am curious as to what the leech xp would be now with a 10 minute test (never trust 1 minute tests) and without any event xp bonuses!

11. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    The figures above in the leech section are from EPM 5s & without the bonus xp ^^

With the bonus xp, the figures even with EPM 3/5 boost up to 35m xp/hr solo (without partied hs) and around 27m split (can't recall whether this was partied or unpartied)

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    10:10 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    Up Paladin \o/

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    3:10 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    *Spends 2 weeks getting a pally to 140*

Honestly looks pretty legit to me. Also might be something extremely high leveled players can do over petris.

14. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Yupp once you start grinding at crims it's nearly impossible to try to force yourself back to petris. With a 1 hit petris mage, I get around 38m per hour, while at crims it's 70m per hour. The xp really spoils you :(

But yea it makes grinding at higher lvls way easier. I've been able to grind to 157 from 14x in less than 2 weeks pretty much cus of it ^^

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Included a video of training at Crims with a DK~

• Like Like x 1
  16. AGGrey

AGGrey Chronos

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    6:10 PM
    MistDragon
    Dark Knight
    Lvl 120 Drk LF>Paladin to do this with

17. Prestige

Prestige Slime

Oct 24, 2017
    3:10 PM
    I think the current Leech Exp Split is 80/20. Does that ratio change if the Leecher becomes the finisher?

18. takolovelive

takolovelive Chronos

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    takoEri
    Paladin
    GodDuckness
    Bumped because 3/5 maplers seem to not know a single thing about Crims finishers.

Also, a tip for new pallies: PLEASE make a HS/HB mule ASAP before undertaking the hammer path, because DrKs will NOT partner with you without HS, and not a lot of bishops are willing to partner with you without HB (arch mages are doubly fucked because of element amplification). With this advice, I wish new pallies a wonderful time getting awesome epm.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    10:10 PM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    4th job thief classes with taunt can finish with taunt, giving the party 40% (at maxed lvl taunt) more xp per mob killed. Tested with a friend, and it was heaven for him (the pally) although its unlikely u will find a shad/nl that will max taunt first :p

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Oooooh that sounds great :3

But how about on the Shad side? Was the clearing efficient enough?