1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Client Freezes Mid Bossing

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Nise, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    11:51 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video):

I've had this issue in previous patches as well, but my client just freezes mid bossing. There doesn't seem to be a particular trigger. No hp bar flicker or anything.

It's happened before I had the wz edits, and also happened on the wz edits too. I'm on a mac if that helps. I'll try to run horntail without the wz edits the next few times to confirm, but I don't think its the wz edits, since I've dc-ed on a clean client before. Happens with both full screen & windowed version.

Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 16.26.30.png

^ that was my screen for like a solid few minutes. GG

What is supposed to happen?: Not supposed to permanently freeze

Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: Horntail this time, but zak and scar previously as well.

A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): I don't know what triggers it :( just know it happens. I restarted my computer right before HT (someone recommended that in #support) and still faced the same problem. This doesn't happen every HT, cus I've had runs without any DCs.

Additional info: Other times, I've completed the run and while looting I'd have my client freeze. So not even attacking or casting skills.

I've also gotten frozen when Heaven's Hammer & HT death animation happened together. Maybe it has something to do with Heaven's Hammer? Not sure. Just know that sometimes when I hammer at crimson guardians, my client auto closes with no warning sometimes (another bug that I can't really replicate... it just happens randomly).

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:51 PM
    Moderator Post
    Do you as MAC user GFX here and there?

3. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Yup I gfx before the body usually, and sometimes during. This is the earliest I've frozen though. Cus we literally just started legs :(

4. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    11:51 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Seems more like a user issue than a bug to me, not sure how to fix it tho. Many people have issues bossing, some have more issues than others.

5. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    10:51 AM
    Solstice
    Player skill issue SeemsGood

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. shiqin

shiqin Pink Teddy

May 9, 2017
    10:51 PM
    SavageBaron
    Shadower
    Halcyon
    i had this issue at ht today too. freezd for 10 mins then dc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    After more tries, I've found out that without the wz.edits makes freezes less likely to happen but not 100%. So I might occasionally freeze even on a clean client.

What has helped is GFXing every 5-10 minutes. Usually after a body part is about to be downed, then I'll GFX. I've done this with scar and targa as well (I've frozen there before too), and the GFXing every 5-10 minutes prevents freezing too.

I have noticed though, if Heaven's Hammer is timed with a big animation (like HT dying and the books dropping), there's a bigger chance for the client to freeze.