1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

MapleLegends' future economy solution

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DivineArrow, Dec 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. LonZohair

LonZohair Orange Mushroom

Oct 17, 2017
    Male
    3:06 AM
    WestGOAT
    I/L Wizard
    Honor
    For those talking about market inflation;
    I don't think it has much to do with gobye's ;) or mesos looted tbh.
    I spend a lot of time in fm and a couple of weeks ago there was one earring int 30% on the market when I owled, and it was mine.
    So I raised the price up to 12m and it sold, the issue for the price inflations aren't because people who goby are driving prices up by buying, it's cause there's almost no supply due to how rare scrolls like that are. This might be due to less active players since school has started back up or something similar.
    I don't know what can be done to fix the prices, or if they need fixing. Perhaps an increase in rare scrolls from gach or an increase in hunting gach in general?

Also, I remember a user by the IGN of Kouen single-handedly doubled mithril ore prices by buying every single one in the fm for ~25k and reselling them all for ~50k. They have since dropped to around ~42k.
    Incidents like these aren't things that can be easily fixed, and I don't know if they need to be fixed tbh.
    The greatness of goby's was that it allowed bishops to not have to compete with arch mages for selling leech, as it's a lot harder for bishops to 1/2 hit certain maps.
    A friend (LOL) of mine is a level 171 bishop who still can't 1 hit ulu 2 with gene 20. But he also put a lot of time and effort into making 3 mules to efficiently farm goby's and it worked for him. The goby leech market is also a really great way for newer users to level up. It's not super OP because they can't afk, and have to constantly pot if they don't have dark sight. I personally feel like it's a lot more work to get goby ready from scratch than it is to get 1 hit ulu 2/ 2 hit petris/skeles ready.

This patch is going to cause even more competition for petris/skeles maps and it's going to be awful during events. Perhaps nerf the mesos dropped by goby's, but decreasing the spawn kills the exp which nullifies the leech market there as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Doctorrose

Doctorrose King Slime

Jun 20, 2017
    Male
    Doctorrose
    Cleric
    Prime
    Dicing mesos tax already prevents inflation ;)

3. ThePotatoSalad

ThePotatoSalad Windraider

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    8:06 AM
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. GameSuks

GameSuks Orange Mushroom

Nov 13, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    "slightly decrease" btw. lul

5. mightyboy

mightyboy Orange Mushroom

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    12:06 AM
    mightyboy/mightygirl
    Night Lord
    Unworthy
    Lvl 172 actually MapleF3MapleF3MapleF3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    nerfs can never stop the goby genocide SeemsGood

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Nrii

Nrii Brown Teddy

Aug 13, 2017
    Skele
    GuiltySymbol
    Bishop
    Influence
    While I lament that I can't Goby farm any longer, this is definitely the right choice for the health of the economy.

A goby farmer can single-handedly introduce tens of millions of brand new mesos into the economy in a single farming session. Hundreds of mils a day if they're particularly industrious.
    A dedicated goby farmer will over their lifetime generate bils of mesos that simply weren't there before. Bils of mesos that are lowering the purchasing power of everyone else.
    And that's just a single person.

Contrast that to an average leech session, where you only generate a few million mesos per hour through drops.

The biggest draw to goby farming has always been the ability to farm absolutely unrestrictedly.
    There's no buyers to attract, there's no worries about being too high level, there's no timers to keep track of.

Now that people have to choose higher mesos/hr and xp/hr vs slow yet steady farming @ gobies, the option that is more harmful to the economy will be chosen less often.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    4:06 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Nerfing gobies as usual. Always the solution OnionMuha

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    least we're not getting timeless weapons, invalidating every perf sleeve on server SeemsGood

• Informative Informative x 6
  10. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

7:06 AM
    Idk man a few weeks ago they asked for feedback on the 'Pieces of time' droprate... Reverse weapons confirmed? Trihard

• Informative Informative x 5
  11. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    I disagree with adding reverse/timeless weapons. Doing so, I would npc my purp sleve, which would introduce 500k more mesos into the economy. Not a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 9
  12. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Just sell it for USD, that way you don't generate more meso in the game SeemsGood

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Danny07

Danny07 Pink Teddy

Dec 18, 2016
    Male
    MrRogers
    Priest
    inb4 it actually happens!! OMG FIRST! U HEARD IT FIRST! INB4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :GASM: and in all seriousness: *knocks on wood*

14. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

whut

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mightyboy

mightyboy Orange Mushroom

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    mightyboy/mightygirl
    Night Lord
    Unworthy
    In that case, why not introduce a custom NPC that sells items for mesos only during events? Start with small items: owls, party bears, and cosmetics (high price). That way the custom NPC doesn't stay forever and creates a temp sale that could work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Danny07

Danny07 Pink Teddy

Dec 18, 2016
    Male
    MrRogers
    Priest

I think what I was thinking at the time was that timeless weps might actually come out?? And his words ignited the growing excitability within me. ...

Yea :scratches head: not sure myself either....

17. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Have KimberlyKimberly sell ects with her name attached to them. Make them uber trophies of the highest regard and giant bragging rights for those that can afford them. 100mil? 1bil? Who knows, but I'm sure some people are vain enough to want a useless item to show off their massive wealth. Kill billions of defenseless mesos willingly. It's also not intrusive for new players because it would take them many months to reach peak wealth to afford useless crap like that, and it isn't in anyone's face unless the buyer is a bragart.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:06 AM
    Moderator Post
    I said if

19. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Literally noone that would actually have 1b would buy that, most useless shit ever lmfao, you can always improve your gear in some way, why would you ever use 1b mesos in a such a shitty way? OnionXD

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Especially when you can get 1 Big Poop from SerinSerin for free :^)

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1