1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Agent earrings

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Angbak, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    4:30 AM
    Angbak
    Bishop
    Seeing as how the original thread got closed and there's no way of posting a suggestion, I'm opening a new thread for what I think could be a compromise.

Bind/lock the agent earrings to the current character that is using it.

I'm assuming that the main concern for the agent earrings is the 27 stats that it provide in comparison to the average end game gear of ~10 stats. While it is true that the earrings are indeed op, we can still take it that it was a mistake made by the staff and use it as a learning point.

If the earrings were made temporary, it would undermine the investments that some of the current users have made (Franco for that 1.5b) and AFAIK there are no compensation for it.

Would Franco have made that 1.5b investment had he known that the earrings will expire after a year? Maybe, (judging by how red wa songs are still highly sought after). But the fact of the matter is that he bought it expecting them to be permanent .

Hence, I would like to suggest that these earrings be permanent. HOWEVER by locking these earrings to the current character equipping it, it limits their flexibility (can't trade across characters of the same account too) and allow it to be a super op limited edition equip.

Yes, the earrings will still be present and used in MapleLegends, but at least they are still controlled. In my opinion, this is a less drastic manner of outright removing (after 4-5 months?) them because of a mistake on the staff part .

If this thread remains, please keep the posts polite and civil. It's really difficult to keep a debate/feedback/suggestion like this going when people are meme-ing around or bringing up irrelevant stuff. Please keep personal stuff away from this thread so that there's a possibility of a compromise between the players and the staff occurring .

P.s. I have no agent earrings ):

• Agree Agree x 9
  2. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    4:30 PM
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    The idea is not to control. Regardless of them being controlled or not, the balance of the game is still tipped heavily in the favor those with these items. So it is best they are removed. I know people do not like it, and yes, it is unfortunate, but it is what the Legends staff has decided and I'm sure they decided it for a reason. I doubt it was just a "HEY LETS DELETE THESE SUDDENLY!" I'm sure there was thought put into it, no matter what some would argue.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:30 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Agreed. And no, I would not have spent 1.5b on extra luk if I had known they wouldn't be permanent. Only reason I spent that much was that they were supposed to be endgame earrings.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    5:30 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Majority of the debate points were already mentioned in the previous thread so i will just write up what i feel about it.

The decision to add permanent event items and its subsequent nerf to expiration without reimbursement is in bad taste but a painful important lesson for all parties on the matter of game balance.
    An apology is a step in the right path but i believe that past efforts should not be negated and some measure of compensation whether big or small should be considered both as a sign of goodwill and affirmation that a wrong be righted in some ways(whether justified is each individual's call).

I hope this case has been a important learning point for the planners on future events.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Point very much taken. Ever since those released, we've been much more careful. It's unfortunate that this wasn't addressed earlier.

On the suggestion itself, I honestly don't personally feel like this is a viable solution; It's not like they are traded much at this point, as most people who scrolled their are either keeping them, or have already sold them. Them becoming untradeable is a pretty minor ''nerf'' that doesn't change the fact that they are too strong.

We are open to suggestions and discussions; just don't let this thread become like the other one.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. Haidaniel

Haidaniel Mano

Nov 21, 2017
    Male
    Australia
    7:30 AM
    HaiDaniel
    Hunter
    DANK
    I'm super new so fair enough if my perspective is unwarranted but I'd presume it'd come down to the question of whether or not the items make characters significantly stronger than those that can't get the items.

As far as I can tell we're talking about the difference of about 20-30 stats which is the equivalent of 4-6 levels, and that seems to me to be a pretty insignificant difference in the grand scheme of things compared to the amount of backlash it has caused in the community for those that bought the items.

If the impact of the 20-30 stats is as insignificant as I think it might be, I think they should become untradeable and learn from the mistakes for future content. Or there should be some form of compensation, even if it's cosmetic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    The staff has made a thread in regards to finding different ways to deal with potential economy inflation so I doubt a reimbursement of 1b Meso is the "solution" they are going to opt for if there is compensation.

If compensation was an answer to all this it will come and should come in a form that does not change the game, or the benefit of the player/character. They are removing the Agent gear to take away an unbalanced advantage players have over others, so giving out meso makes no sense.

Donor Points/Cash shop points that function as Donor Points are really the only compensation if any that should be given out. That however is not going to be good enough for more than 90% of the people affected by this change. I have played around with the items, and thought of different methods for compensation and I can honestly see why they were "prepared for backlash".

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:30 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    These are items that affect the games, spending a big ammount of mesos on these items also affects your character growth as those mesos could have gone instead to perfecting some other item, making a new red sock, making better gear, w.e. floats your boat. The compensation not affecting the game would feel like a cheap one that does not make much sense.

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    It doesn't make sense to you, because it is not good enough for you.

• Disagree Disagree x 14
  10. MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    I have no Agent items but I feel really bad for Franco (and other people that spent an obscene amount of money for them). I know people aren't too keen on him around these parts and think he's just complaining or meming but it really isn't right for people who have worked their asses off to buy them. Or the people that still have their own that they made and are proud of. People are saying "compensation should not be in a way where they don't benefit in the game" then what is the point of compensation? They bought the item to benefit in the game. I think Angbak's idea is a pretty good one, it prevents them from being traded and what not. Especially if you farmed 2b for earrings. The person who farmed the mesos to buy them will have it and them only.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    Again, I do not think this is a decision the staff literally made within 5 minutes. This is something that was obviously discussed as we can see from other event items being affected in this manner, and the staff themselves stating it was something being discussed for a while. So yes, I get that it sucks. As stated, it is unfortunate, but I'm stating that the compensation is probably not going to be in the form of Meso, and the items are being put on an expiration timer and I don't see that changing as they have been stated by Kimberly to be too strong.

So coming up with an idea for something else is what the staff looks for when they open these discussions about Bosses or Items. But instead, the price of the earrings is all that is spammed instead of actual real ideas. So therefore threads are locked.

12. MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    I mean yeah if you spent that much on something I'm pretty sure you would repeat it too.

13. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    I would be upset, but I would look to understand the choice of the staff. I have had many conversations even with Kimberly where I have said specifically that I came to Legends for a Maple experience that feels like a closed beta-ish Maple. I do not care one bit what content is in the game, only that I experience that content in a V0.62 fashion. If removing these items continues that trend in the way the staff desires, then so be it. I do not need earrings with +x amount of stats to enjoy my game.

14. MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    And that's great. To each their own. But this isn't the first time GMs have nerfed or removed something in the last minute without warning. That's one of the main issues everyone is having. They haven't learned from before, clearly. Minus Piety.

15. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    This is not some big company, nor do I expect them to have some great big system that tells them the outcome of the changes in the game and how it will progress in the future. It is a fan run project, and mistakes are going to happen. Especially if it has occurred many times before, why be surprised at this point? It is a staff of like 10 people, so expect changes like this to happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    2:30 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Dude 20-30 stats on ears is literally 2-3x the previous average lmao

17. MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    We are not saying we expect things to be perfect. All we want is a little notice if major changes to the game are being made.

You haven't invested a lot in the game (again to each their own) so it doesn't affect you as much as others, hence your response.

18. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    It's not unreasonable for our players to question our decisions, changes or additions; especially when they feel we went wrong somewhere. Perhaps the stats on earrings doesn't matter to you, but for people who's enjoyment of v62 MS is end-game content such as Horntail, min/maxing of stats is extremely important.
    Releasing the items as they were in the Summer event was a mistake. Taking so long to announce this was a mistake. Is it a mistake to announce an expiration date without compensating in some way? Maybe, that's why this thread is around and we want opinions. ;)

This was a team decision. I fully agree with making Agent items expire; this isn't what this thread is about and the last one was closed for good reasons. I like suggestions and discussions about it in a civilized manner that doesn't end up with insults/bashing of anyone ;)

• Like Like x 3
  19. MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    My love, bashing anyone is not my intent. I was only merely explaining to Yata the surprise in the matter is what the raucous is about and the past few times nerfs have been done was before you were a GM.

All this twitter fingering is making me want to RR. Get to it, Kim. :heartbeat:

20. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    Is the items not expiring till summer time a bit of notice? Not like they are gone right this moment.