1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Castellan Toad - The Conclusion

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Piety, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    7:39 PM
    Centaur & Chaste
    Hello Maplers,

We'd like to thank everyone for the feedback regarding Castellan Toad. Some very great points were raised up and were immediately taken into consideration for our decision.

Furthermore, we have looked at every single old school JMS video with Castellan Toad (2007) available and couldn't find a single one of them with a ranged class in the team.

MapleLegends' goal was always to put priority for those that want it authentic over those that don't. A similar statement was made when we had a poll regarding boat changes.

Considering this, and what we've found from old footage, we came to the conclusion to release Castellan Toad unchanged and unnerfed stat-wise. However, he will stay instanced as announced in the previous thread, as to not make him infinitely farmable.

While not everyone may be able to participate in the Castellan Toad fight with their current characters with this decision, we hope you'll understand that this was the way he was released in JMS, and that ranged classes already have many benefits at other bosses and overall, as stated by users in the feedback topic.

Keep an eye out for the upcoming notice of Castellan Toad's launch, and with it, a small surprise. ❤

Thank you,

-MapleLegends Administration & Staff-

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Like x 24
    • Agree x 14
    • Great Work x 4
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. Atik

Atik Brown Teddy

Nov 22, 2017
    Male
    4:39 PM
    Stickbug
    F/P Arch Mage
    Boop
    If that were the case in GMS no one could HP wash because it cost money and ranged chars were doing HT at like 180. Following the logic stated above we should just remove the resets altogether so we can create a GMS-like experience and no ranged class can HT till 180.

I agree with the conclusion, but I do not think a lot of people are going to be happy with the logic used here to arrive at that conclusion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    8:39 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    OnionSpitOnionSpitOnionSpit

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    1:39 AM
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Good thing I prepared 10 shadowers with Smoke30 for this, S>Perm smoke

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SergioG

SergioG Snail

Feb 11, 2018
    Male
    7:39 PM
    Analytic
    Beginner
    Boopsicle
    I agree; this should give melee classes more of an edge

6. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    The point is that there are some bosses ingame that are pretty much impossible for warriors due to the high/"impossible " acc requirement to hit those bosses.

7. sushipls

sushipls Mano

Aug 5, 2017
    4:39 PM
    What do you mean by "no one could hp wash because it cost money"? There were plenty of people in GMS who hp washed even back in the day and spent plenty of money doing so. Those who didn't want to spend so much money spent more time to level to higher levels. The assertion that "no ranged classes could HT till 180" is not true.

Anyway, this seems fair enough since on melee classes it is literally impossible to do some bosses. Ranged classes actually even have it better because they can technically hp wash enough to do this boss eventually, but warriors will never be able to hit The Boss.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Quick conclusion. Good job in reaching it. I think everyone should be able to accept it.

Good work staff!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    5:39 PM
    Paladin
  10. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    fun fact even today with their 50k+ hp on regular server.

there are people that are still mp washing for some kind of 5th job skill.

11. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    8:39 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Its great to hear that a conclusion was reached, cheers to all discussion participants and staff members.
    In before i relive my memory of taking about 2~3 hours to solo a toad with my I/L. SlimeSweat2

12. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    5:39 PM
    Paladin
    i lov piety

• Informative Informative x 3
  13. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male