1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Agent earrings

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Angbak, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    11:35 AM
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure

Yea i agree with you. And no matter what the compensation is some people are gonna complain. I think to go with the gonorea is easiest way our for everyone. Atleast they are not ATT earrings which would be far worse.

Another idea:

What if there was a NPC that would let you trade agent earrings for normal scrolled earrings?

Lets say FrancoFranco could trade his 20+ stat earrings for 13+ LUK or DEX earrings.

And 15+ stat could be traded for +10 LUK or DEX earrings.

The balance should be decided by someone else who have more expertise on things like this then me obviously.

Anyways:
    This would cause agent earrings to vanish, people would get compensated by getting good regular earrings that are "just as good" compared too their potential. There would still be a great loss of mesos. But atleast they will end up having good earrings so that their work would not be 100% waste.

Should also be easy enough to solve for a GM and i believe alot of people in the communiy would be satisfied since they got the agent earrings for free.

2. mightyboy

mightyboy Orange Mushroom

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    3:35 AM
    mightyboy/mightygirl
    Night Lord
    Unworthy
    Don't forget the shoes ><

3. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Well, same for shoes. OnionWhatever

4. Haidaniel

Haidaniel Mano

Nov 21, 2017
    Male
    Australia
    9:35 PM
    HaiDaniel
    Hunter
    DANK
    It's fun to weigh in so I'm gonna say what I think seems like a pretty good deal that solves problems for all sides with the pros and cons and potential ways to deal with them. Others have said the specifics about whats to do each specific step so I wont name them, but more just summarise my opinion.

1. Delete earrings (I have taken on board the clarification that 25+ stats is indeed significant :~)
    Pro: no items that are dumb
    Con: Franco+others are very sad

2. Compensate franco+others
    Pro: Franco+others are no longer sad
    Con: Economy is saturated with meso

3. Create a meso sink that can slowly remove mesos from the game and keep the Economy stable
    Pro: Economy doesn't inflate
    Con: This is probably fkn hard to work out but perhaps it should be the real point of discussion here

xoxo pce

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure

So 3.: dont think about agent equips and focus on meso inflation instead?

Actually not a bad idea OnionYawn

6. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    10:35 AM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    By far the most fair and "good for the future of the server" approach. Not only does it address the unfairness towards the victims of this agent equipment decision, but it also addresses the looming economy issue regarding meso inflation in the long run. I mean the GM's have until summer (when items expire) to make some proper assessments and tests as to what are good options for meso sinks, so why not make this horrible mistake of an event the first step to a better server :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

+1 for hair tickets via mesos
    +1 for exclusive NX equips via mesos
    +1 for owls, charms or pet equips via mesos

I know that people dont necessarily agree with all of these ^, but i definitely think his suggestion is pretty good (he wasnt the only one in this thread to bring up option 3, and it has been brought up before in the Future of the Economy thread)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Manohjay

Manohjay Horny Mushroom

Jun 27, 2017
    United States
    6:35 AM
    YNWA
    Night Lord
    Influence
    Straight up compensation for meso is a terrible idea because it only caters to the people who bought the earrings. What about for players who spent weeks just to farm and scroll a good earring? How will their compensation be handed out?

Like I mentioned in the previous thread, making the agent items permanent were a mistake on the GMs part but I do agree that the agent earrings are too op’ed. What I don’t agree is making the earring’s 1 year countdown start from the when the event was released. The 1 year countdown should start from when the GMs actually implement this “solution"(and it should not be that difficult to code since you already have a timer on the Christmas events items unless you’re not using subclasses for countdown :p ).

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  9. mightyboy

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    mightyboy/mightygirl
    Night Lord
    Unworthy
    Can you clarify how meso only caters to those that bought the agent earrings? Also are you referring in your comment about "good earring" as agent earrings or regular earrings?

The way I see it meso caters to everyone. Even though others haven't spent meso buying their agent equipments, I'm sure they've spent time/meso to farm/buy scrolls to further boost their items.

Also extending the timer of the expiration IMO is just extending the main problem, that they are deleting an item(s) that many spend time/consideration making (whether it be for washing purposes(rip)/end gear) thinking that it wouldn't expire.

10. Manohjay

Manohjay Horny Mushroom

Jun 27, 2017
    United States
    YNWA
    Night Lord
    Influence
    For example: Franco bought this earrings for 1.2b so there's some sort of value that you can look at to compensate him. I made my own earrings, +18dex and a couple of others, and it took me around a month or longer of doing nothing but hpq for hours everyday just to make it. How would I get compensated for my +18 dex earrings?

11. mightyboy

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    mightyboy/mightygirl
    Night Lord
    Unworthy
    I think that’s what you have to clarify for me in depth because I currently don’t see how a non-agent equipment is affected by all of this.

12. Manohjay

Manohjay Horny Mushroom

Jun 27, 2017
    United States
    YNWA
    Night Lord
    Influence
    I was talking about agent earrings, not regular earrings.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

13. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Let's be real here, franco isnt going to get 1.5b meso refunded to him; but in the case that he might then you can use your compensated meso to scroll a new pair of earrings. There's no way you can be fully compensated but at least the meso can be used to save you time in gear progression. You invested a month to scroll earrings, you can now use the meso which wouldve taken you alot longer than 1month to earn; to scroll another pair.

14. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Havent read most posts here but why dont we just keep the agent items and make the same event each year? Sure the item is op, but then everyone got a shot on getting them. No one gets hurt o.o

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    7:35 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Kim prefers to deal with the consequences of removing them and seeing what to do from there than having those items permanently in the game. I dont remember when I read this, but she personally said it.

16. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    7:35 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Not really dealing with the consequences, more like ignoring them. But essentially correct :shrugh:

17. Koyumi

Koyumi Red Snail

Oct 25, 2017
    4:35 AM
    Bowmaster
    A couple months ago, I had the choice between buying a +8 DEX Agent Earring or a +8 DEX Single Earring. I went with the Agent Earring because I remember doing the quests and making them permanent in GMS. The purchase catered to my nostalgia.

I am dissapointed and kind of sad that I am being punished for making a sentimental decision.

Nonetheless, I understand that there are balance issues with the Agent items, but no one can invalidate the fact that some people feel dissapointed or sad because of the change.

As community leaders (GMs/Developers), I think taking steps to compensate for these individual(s) will help maintain trust and community ties.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    maybe if they created nerfed single earing versions of them. which are also charlocked/untradeable.

19. DivineArrow

DivineArrow Horny Mushroom

Aug 3, 2017
    Israel
    12:35 PM
    DivineArrow
    Bowmaster
    Essence
    Poof, There goes my 600mil.
    I think we should at least have a replacement earrings as we basically sold our own for a cheap price due to being deceived that its a permanent item that will be with us for endgame.
    Now when the earrings will be gone I'll be left with no earrings nor mesos .
    If I knew they are expiring I wouldnt bother spending a single meso on them but oh well.
    I personally won't be satisfied unless I get a good replacement (atleast keeping the dex or whatever or atleast some kind of a nerfed version of my earrings)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Phooey

Phooey Mixed Golem

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Phooey
    If I had known they weren't perm I wouldn't of spent all summer doing ppqs for earrings
    Maple0018.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1