1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Agent earrings

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Angbak, Feb 12, 2018.

1. bambiiiii

bambiiiii Slime

Jun 24, 2017
    12:28 AM
    Beginner
  2. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    5:28 PM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    6:28 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    lul

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    7:28 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    When people make fun of you for being screwed over OnionWhateverOnionWhateverOnionWhatever

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    5:28 PM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    Got to meme it while you can!

6. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Harassment. SeemsGood

7. poompoombew

poompoombew Slime

Jan 9, 2018
    Male
    6:28 AM
    Marksman
    I believe his concern lies with how are you going to value the agent earrings that he has made and kept for himself. Franco paid for his earrings; there is an exchange of goods and services - therefore this transaction can be essentially "quantified". For those hundreds of agent equipment floating out there, those which are made and kept by the owners themselves, how will they be compensated?

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    10:28 PM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    I did mention how you will never be FULLY compensated, i also followed up by stating the fact that you can use the compensation meso for scrolling a new pair of earrings/gear progression (which would have taken an investment of time eitherway). Also don't forget the fact that a HUGE majority of players who invested many hours in scrolling certain broken earrings/shoes would be compensated much more than they would have been able to earn otherwise (if we follow certain trade in agent eq for meso suggestions from above). Would a lvl70 be able to make 1b in a month? I highly doubt it.

The more i reply to this thread however, the more unlikely it seems that any sort of meso compensation of that magnitude will happen anyway, i don't see GMs handing out billions to players that got lucky over a broken event mistake; but we may be surprised...who knows :)

9. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste

I think the issue isn't those who got insanely lucky with the scrolling and made those ~20+ stats earrings. They've already sold those for hundreds of millions and could probably care less about this situation. If they kept them, they just lost no money and are ''losing'' the time they spent farming them, even though they will still have benefit for a year. The people who are getting the short end of the stick here are those who bought the earrings from said lucky players with the knowledge that they were permanent items.
    If this suggestion were to go through, the ''how'' we compensate is definitely hard to decide on; mesos introduces billions more into the economy, in one that is already having a whole lot of mesos in circulation.
    Just my own thoughts here as a player; not representative of the thoughts of the staff team as a whole™

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Haidaniel

Haidaniel Mano

Nov 21, 2017
    Male
    Australia
    9:28 AM
    HaiDaniel
    Hunter
    DANK
    Thought I'd give a suggestion to a reimbursement solution. Since players who kept their earrings probably shouldn't be treated differently those that bought their earrings, I suggest the best way to reimburse would be to give a value to each earring based on its +stat it gives you, then just roll out reimbursements to anyone with an earring with more than 15 +stats on it.

I've quickly made an exponential equation that could value each earring that's based on Franco's earring. The numbers can be changed based on the gms input but in general I think it could be a good way to gauge it.

My equation is

Meso(in millions) = 2e^(stat/4)

This means if u have a 25 Dex earring the reimbursement is 984m, 20 is 281m and 15 is 81m. If this solution sounds good to the gms I'm happy to make a few more options of equations that have different compensation outcomes for you to choose from.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    12:28 AM
    Thief
    i bought 12 stat ones for 40m, dont see why im any different
    and dex is valued alot more than luk so it dont work

12. poompoombew

poompoombew Slime

Jan 9, 2018
    Male
    Marksman
    You’re right, and I agree. We can see a very huge roadblock with the compensation ‘route’

This is the problem for those suggesting paying xxx amount of mesos to all affected players:

Compensation in the form of mesos is largely arbitrary; it might make sense in Franco’s case as he had spent quantifiable amount of mesos (1.5b) to purchase an earring, thinking it is ‘permanent’. The mesos therein was farmed by him BEFORE the agent event, over the course of a few weeks / months. He deserves compensation.

Let’s bring in player X for my second example. Player X is a relatively new player and participated in the agent event. He spent a couple of weeks and got extremely lucky, successfully scrolling a 27 stat earring which he kept. Assuming he were to be compensated the same amount of mesos (1.5b) he is practically gaining free mesos using an extremely LOW risk yet HIGH reward method due to the event. otherwise, it will be almost impossible for X to farm the same amount of mesos given his input. X doesnt deserve mesos compensation.

I can go on and on but this is just a simple example of how tricky and anedoctal each scenario is. You can’t easily ‘quantify’ items and hand out compensation mesos as there is no actual transaction being done prior. Thanks

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. OP
    OP
    Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    Angbak
    Bishop
    Imo mesos for compensation is hella bad due to the current economy situation. As mentioned by others earlier, we should be looking into meso sinks instead of suddenly adding >3b of mesos into the game.

I've suggested event nx for compensation before which can be used for ap reset or gifted to others, to which Ghost.Ghost. mentioned that Franco is already the top dps so there's no need for that.

My argument against that would be that you can always create a new attacker to experience and play and the biggest obstacle against that is the amount of resets that you need.

If event nx is a potential solution, it can be loosely based on the average time (days) needed to complete the event. E.g. average days = 20 then maybe compensate 10 days of nx?

In this way, no influx of mesos is made and there is still a in game benefit to players.

10 days of nx is 50k nx which is about 16 ap resets or 16 stats. Considering the fact that majority of the users are currently washing, this can be beneficial to majority of the server. (Inb4 ap resets are too easy to get, and should be made tougher)

Of course, this ain't a perfect solution but it's going to be tough to come up with a solution.

Tldr: nx = stats, compensate with nx

Edit: oops wrong ghost

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Wrong @mention MapleF3
    Btw we're overseeing one big note by the staff: that they intend to reintroduce this event again in summer. This event should never have been introduced in the first place, and should not be implemented again imo. It's entirely unbalanced and goes completely against v62 GMS. If the staff is against adding itcg items like stormcaster gloves and facestompers (introduced before v62), it makes no sense to allow agent items to exist as overpowered as they are. If you're going to make them expire, then make them expire. But please make it extremely difficult to obtain such high stat earrings again or don't implement the event at all.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    We have no plans to reintroduce the event in the state it was last year.
    If we decide on doing the Agent questline again, there is no chance we'll be leaving it as is. The ''One shot at godly items'' thing/daily that gave Chaos was definitely a mistake. :p

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    That's good to hear. I hope some community discussion about the changes to the event can be initiated by the staff before its re-implementation to avoid such situations again.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    10:28 PM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    NX is useless to Franco, it is also to me (although I didn't spend anything on agent gear but I'm trying to make a point). If you're telling players to invest time and effort into making new chars they were not wanting to just so they could make use of the useless compensated nx then.....lol. Meso is usable by all players, NX is not.

People have mentioned meso sink suggestions already so how about the GMs give some actual feedback rather than PietyPiety giving us non-GM related personal opinions?

18. Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    I'd give this a ''Optimistic'' rating if I could.

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    Angbak
    Bishop
    Event nx can still be sold though. Current market rate is 10m per reset so 50k nx is almost equivalent to 160m? This mesos isn't generated from staff side but from player base so it should not further burden the economy
    Also current thread is discussing agent earrings. Issues regarding mesos sink can be directed at the "current economy situation thread"

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    7:28 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project