1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Share account is PERMANENT or TEMPORARY?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StOne, Mar 10, 2018.

Account Sharing should ban permanent?

1. YES

14 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. NO

36 vote(s)
    72.0%
  1. StOne

StOne Red Snail

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    6:16 AM
    iStOne
    Night Lord
    Colors
    A share account is a ban on maple legend, I know every game has their policy and I respect to every game too.

I know some players in ML is permanent ban by GM on 1st time but I visit the forum page the rules stated under T&C 2.7 account sharing 1st offense: 10 days, 2nd offense permanent ban, maybe some of you changed the T&C but did not update in the forum?

Base on my information Flora is banned on 4/3/2018 by GM because of account sharing but I heard some of them say just temporary??! Or just the fake information from others. I was so much of confused and I hope this post able to help me and ML players solve the question about account sharing. I hope GM able to listen to players thinking.

If I'm any mistakes please tell me under the post, and please don't mind me I did not study well English well when I was a kid.

2. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    3:16 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Account sharing, isnt banned first offense. Only if the account is given to you and they quit. the account given away is Perma banned.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    StOne

StOne Red Snail

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    iStOne
    Night Lord
    Colors
    my old members (RandomSam and StepOnYou) is banned on 1st time, they should ban by tempo? but they got permanent band actually.

4. lovelymolly

lovelymolly Snail

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    Bowman
    I actually don't understand if 2 good friends agree to share the acct between each other, why they will get ban?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Flora is still on the rankings, so she'll probably be back in 3 days. As for why, it's not fair for the normal player if two people can power level a single account, or benefit from bossing or grinding or anything.

StepOnYou kinda deserves to be unbanned in my opinion. It's been a few months, and I'd like to think he learned his lesson. I'm not sure what makes the difference between serious abuse and just normal account sharing, but he's done a lot of time for his actions.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    StOne

StOne Red Snail

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    iStOne
    Night Lord
    Colors
    yeah, but the ML stated in their T&C so we cant do anything about tht rule

7. OP
    OP
    StOne

StOne Red Snail

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    iStOne
    Night Lord
    Colors
    back to the topic, why some of them are perma ban and why FLORA are not? I dont know how step abuse or share account but they just 1st offense? if they ban should also ban for 10 days ?

8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:16 PM
    Moderator Post

See red vs the actual offense for the difference between instant perma and reg ban.

9. OP
    OP
    StOne

StOne Red Snail

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    iStOne
    Night Lord
    Colors
    Few month case, RandomSam and stepOnYou just sharing account but non of them are quit, why do both of them get a permanent ban?

10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:16 PM
    Moderator Post
    Flora never account shared from her own account, she account shared someone else, but because she did benefit from it she got a 10 day ban on that account as well. I am not going answer here case by case who got what punishment

If you don't want be banned for sharing, whenever its perma or not, just don't account share. Knowing what gives you 10 days and what gives you perma just so you can use that 1 warning is not going to happen.

Follow the rules and you'll be fine. Break the rules and expect be punished. Breaking the rules by knowing you will get a warning first is not the way of going either.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. flora

flora Slime

Jun 11, 2017
    Female
    Flora
    Night Lord
    Yes, I am not perma banned. However, like Kimmy stated below, I was only on Tiana's account and no one has ever been on my NL other than myself. No, I was not power leveling her/ grinding/ bossing. I was only using her account for nx and my last log on date for her account was on Dec. 26.

Personally, I was close to Sam and I was shocked too when I heard her and Step got banned. I don't remember exactly what the situation was like ,since it was so long ago. I assume it wasn't the same case as mine because again, no one has been on my NL but me and I was not helping Tiana's character level in any way when I was on it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Guest69

Guest69 Slime

Jul 30, 2017
    I think GM track IP. Therefore, use own pc to play own account only. If other account IP exist on different PC, both account will be punish. Sorry for poor language.

13. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    7:16 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

10:16 PM
    Dat vote abuse doh

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. flora

flora Slime

Jun 11, 2017
    Female
    Flora
    Night Lord
    If you are referring to me, I didn't vote abuse on Shinigami :p Tiana's character is a mage so she wasn't using her nx for anything. Her account previously already had accumulated nx on it before I went on it back in Nov/Dec.

16. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

10:16 PM
    Ah makes more sense xD

17. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    6:16 PM
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    IRRC they were caught sharing before, and during the second time they were perma'ed

18. sgitheanach

sgitheanach Blue Snail

Dec 26, 2017
    Is it temporary because it's a first offense or because it wasn't their account?

Also, is there an overall offense limit? i.e. Getting banned once for Account Share / Harrassment / RWT. Would a ban be treated individually for each or would they be connected?

19. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    2.12 Major Abuse - If any rule is found to be long term abused/extensively broken by any player(s), additional punishment may be applied. This includes: Skip of Offense Punishments, an Immediate Account Ban, or an Immediate Permanent Ban.

20. sgitheanach

sgitheanach Blue Snail

Dec 26, 2017
    I mean, say if I got temp banned for Account Sharing, then a month later I got another temp ban for Harassment. Are these bans being treated individually depending on the type? For something like Vote Abuse that takes two offenses for a perma ban; if I had already committed a first offense, then got another temp ban for a different reason, are they not related at all?