1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best warrior classs??!?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shayyyy, May 16, 2018.

1. Shayyyy

Shayyyy Orange Mushroom

Dec 16, 2017
    2:52 PM
    Seriously, I'm trying to google the answer and all I get are these people saying "Well you should choose what you love" or "It depends on what you want to do". Makes me feel like I'm picking a career and not a virtual game's class MapleF12MapleF12

So fellow MapleLegenders.. Please tell me what's the best class for a warrior, basing on total pwning and owning and destruction? It can't be boring if I pwn shit, and it can't be useless if I pwn shit and I don't care about the money :coin::coin:
    If it's not completly clear, I want the class with maximum pwning ability!

Thank you random citizens, my appreciation for answers and creative trolls is infinite!

2. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    1:52 PM
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Paladin

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    8:52 PM
    Crusader
    I suppose it depends on your preferred way to "pwn shit". I play a crusader and it's satisfying to use a two-handed sword to cut mobs into little little bits. I like the way Combo Attack and the finisher skills look and work so it's the class for me. It's a rather mobile class where you kinda just wade into the thick of things, which fits my playstyle.

If you prefer to KILL IT WITH FIYAH dish out divine retribution then paladin is the way to go. I believe Heaven's Hammer is a major draw of the class, along with the ability to deal elemental damage.

Someone I knew went with dark knight because he liked the way polearms looked, and he always believed that victory is easier to achieve when your reach is longer. Dark knights have flashy skills, and they have the ever-useful Hyper Body. He also loves the bread-and-butter mobbing skill, Dragon Fury, for its range.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Shayyyy

Shayyyy Orange Mushroom

Dec 16, 2017
    Finally someone who gets it !
    Crusader does sound cool, and it is the warrior class that I am most interested in atm, but now it sounds like a DK has many more ways to pwn shit and so does the paladin. Does the crusader/hero class have any way to compensate for the lack of those AoE skills and divine pwning ?

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  5. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    8:52 AM
    You just hold down a single button to attack aka Brandish. (Besides using your combo orbs, but that's less DPS)
    This also hits 3 units (great for Zak arms and overall cleaving)
    But I personally believe this out dpses most warriors of any other class (Maybe not paladins depending on elemental advantage)

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. Tan

Tan King Slime

Dec 21, 2017
    Male
    Closer
    Dragon Knight
    Plug
    Paladin wins in area bosses and loses in HT and zak.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    9:52 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    If you care solely about the feeling you get while playing rather than like the DPM, I would say a Paladin is pretty damn fun. It's a fun grind, lots of skills (cus of the charges), and Heaven's Hammer (reduces everything to 1 hp) is an awesome feeling. You also hit huge numbers cus you have 1 big hit, rather than 2-3 hits (brandish for hero is 2, fury for DK is 3).

As people ^ said, Hero is great if you like the damage and overall the numbers you're dealing to the boss (DPM) rather than what big number pops up when you hit attack. For bossing crews, you'd be included for the damage.

DK I feel in terms of solely playability, you end up being people's HB slave and ur damage / playstyle becomes very team oriented rather than just purely enjoying yourself. You'll prbly also end up becoming one of those buzzkill players that go "GEEZ STOP HEALING ME" as you try to zerk. You'll be wanted always in bossing parties, buttttttttttttt I personally feel if you're in it for your own enjoyment (and don't care abouut the rest of the party), a class to avoid perhaps~

• Like Like x 5
  8. Jackii Kon

Jackii Kon Dark Stone Golem

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    1:52 PM
    Dragon Knight
    :(
    Me Hero Me big DPS Me hit fast

It's really fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Qwiox

Qwiox Mr. Anchor

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    5:52 AM
    GhenghisKhan
    Hero
    Beaters
    I had this exact same debate when I started Legends and it was so stressful! I was a dk back in pre bb ms and thought I was gonna go that same route again for nostalgia, but because internet I was able to look through more reasonable points instead of just whatever. With dk, I didn't realize it until now how important hp washing really was for maximum damage/survivability and I didn't want to invest in a character that relied on hp washing until I had the funds for it. Hero and Paladin was a toss up in terms of how much commitment I would need to grind through these because let's face it, both are really boring. But Hero has that early access op damage compared to paladin which you get at 4th job, so it made more sense for me to go Hero since I was casually playing. Also, Hero has those colorful orbs which I wanted to include in my character design, though beholder is pretty badass too.

Funds: DK>Hero>Pally
    Damage: Hero>Pally>DK
    Survivability: Pally>DK>Hero

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Alonp600

Alonp600 Pac Pinky

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Beginner, Camper
    Why pally has more survivability than hero?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Nah saw drk dealing 60k x3 on Zakum
    +pally hits 1mob and drk and hero attacking 3

The only bosses that pally wins are that pianus and bf (not counting scar as boss cuz his exp is so bad)

Pls stop

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Leona

Leona Slime

May 10, 2018
    Male
    1:52 AM
    HERO CUZ SPEED INFUSION

13. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    9:52 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Ya and watch as a Pally uses Heaven's Hammer and hits all 8 arms with 199k :p

Edit: And Zak main body since we're better single target damage, as we hit 100k+ with each Blast cast :p

14. Qwiox

Qwiox Mr. Anchor

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    5:52 AM
    GhenghisKhan
    Hero
    Beaters
    Pally has more skills that offer defense support

Drk can have op dmg, I didn't say that. But you give same funding it takes for drk to hit that to a hero or pally and we gg pwn harder.

You stop qt

15. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    False.

Heroes and Pallies have the exact same defensive skills.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Assuming your definition of usefulness here is solely about damage, in what context are you even saying that a pally would "pwn harder" than a DrK due to having similar funding? Most area bosses? Most raid bosses?

Paladins win on Bigfoot, Pianus, and Tengu, surely. But of those three, honestly, the most concerning one would be Bigfoot.

And with Bigfoot, they do win. But is this the main thing you want to talk about?

I have talked about this in other posts, but I would prefer DrK or Hero in the Tengu context because they can clear Hime while damaging Tengu (I am assuming you are soloing boss so no one is pulling away the Hime). I have yet to see anyone talk about how fast they kill Tengu as a hero, drk, or pally here so even if Paladins' damage might be higher, does it fit the situation?

What level of funding are you even thinking of?

Paladins are horrible at Zakum and HT in comparison to DrK or Hero, though to be fair, HT matters way more and Paladins are really bad at that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    They do not.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Shayyyy

Shayyyy Orange Mushroom

Dec 16, 2017
    Aww shit Library's dropping the HH on everyone here lmao
    Strange though that it says you're a lvl 137 paladin, yet you're not rooting for your own class? Also do I understand correctly that you claim to say a Paladin pwn less than a Hero does on the more important bosses?

So contrary to what is said by Dvah, pallys can damage every part of zak and not just 1 hit? I'm a bit confused by all these contradicting statements

19. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Being objective is more important than being outright biased for your own opinions when they aren't correct.

Bigfoot is the most important boss for a lot of the game in terms of levels, but let's face it; there are alternatives for that. You can party with someone, leech, or just solo grind and still level.

But HT is Legends' current "endgame" boss that's a party raid. Toad doesn't really count imo. Warriors that fight HT should fall under the "cleaver" kind of attacker rather than solo-target. Paladins are shit for damage on any neutral mob because they only hit once and 175% damage from Fire Charge isn't going to cut it.

Sure, DrKs attack slower; but they hit 3x3 which is buffed rapidly by SE. Brandish shares the same attack speed as Blast (same # casts/min), but like Dragon Crusher, mobs and hits more than once, again giving SE more chances to proc. Oh, and Brandish has a better hitbox than Blast. Moreover, DrK and Hero are not impeded by elemental resistances or neutrality.

Let's talk some single target for a bit.

Paladins do not win on Zakum's mainbody as you're citing there, and most people I know would take a DrK and Hero over Paladin at arms too. A Paladin can HH a lot of the arms but a Hero and DrK are more likely to white more arms. Mainbody is neutral to Fire, so at best, you have 600% damage (Blast) * 1.75 (Fire Charge) for 1050%. Heroes have 2.5 (ACA) * 260*2 (Brandish has 2 hits) = 1300% damage, not even including the fact SE should proc more often.

DrKs are much slower than Paladin and Hero, but they also do a truckton of damage. 170% damage * 3 (Crusher hits 3x) * 2 (Zerk) = 850, which sounds like Paladins win, until, again, you factor in the possibility of SE. Statistically, one hit every crusher should proc SE and do higher damage. But if you're concerned about attack speed; yes, that is an issue.

But here's why Paladins are not preferred.

Because for the majority of the ML's final boss, HT, you will server as a "cleaver," like I mentioned before - attacking multiple targets. Brandish and Crusher are both better than Blast for that, as Blast only hits one target.

"But wait, don't Paladin's have a mobbing skill?"
    ~ACB does not cut it in comparison.

And what's more is that even if Paladins had higher single-target damage than a DrK, I would take the latter because a Paladin's wouldn't compare to the other classes in a party/raid and Paladins offer no party skills, whereas everyone knows DrK offers HB. And if Heroes are better cleavers of the warriors, perhaps even the best in the game (haven't done comparisons between non-warriors, i.e. shad dmg vs hero), then why should someone objectively take Paladin over Hero?

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    I suppose it boils down ultimately to what I like to call Rule 0 of every game: you need to be having fun. I know it's not a very useful conclusion, but let's put it this way: some people like dealing tons of damage, some people like flashy skills, some like to derp around. If your idea of fun is to level up quickly and slay the endgame bosses, then I suppose the pros and cons of each of the warrior classes have been laid out very clearly. If you're a casual gamer like me then what you're looking for might be very different.