1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide for MAC [Old] MAC Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Nise, May 30, 2018.

1. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:47 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    This is an outdated guide, which does not support Catalina. Please refer to the new guide:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/new-macos-installation-guide-faq.38764/

[How to Install the Mac Client for MapleLegends]

1. Download the MapleLegends NEW Mac Client, click here to download. Click here if you face problems with the first link.
    2. In your downloads folder, right click and press 'open' on the "MapleLegends.pkg" follow the steps to install
    3. Go to your applications folder and right-click MapleLegends to open! (if you double click to open, wineskin might open instead)
    4. Your game should start running smoothly~

[How to Get Rid of the Ugly Blue & Black Top Bar]

1. When you launch MapleLegends you'll see a blue & black bar at the very top. Like so:

[​IMG]

2. Go into your in-game settings and make sure Full Screen is checked like so:

[​IMG]

3. And the bar should've mysteriously disappeared... POOF!

[How to Multiclient]

Some non Mac users might have told you to just double click on your client again but that is not how it works for us, but its really easy to do.

1. Find your MapleLegends client (in your applications folder)
    2. Select it, press "Command + C" and then "Command + V" (this will make a copy of your client)
    3. Launch it and now you have two windows open :)
    You can do this however many times until your mac explodes OnionNinja

[How to Change Back to 800x600]

1. Find your MapleLegends application
    2. Right-click "Show Package Contents"
    3. Go to Drive_C > Neckson > MapleLegendsHD
    4. Open Legends.ini and change 'HDClient = true' to 'HDClient = false'.
    5. Back in the MapleLegends application folder (after you click show package contents), open Wineskin
    6. Click "Set Screen Options"
    7. Set your virtual desktop size to 800x600

[How to Enter Full Screen]

MapleLegends will now be launched in windowed mode by default. Currently there is no way to change the client into Full Screen, while getting the Wide Screen working. We will continue looking into this issue in the future~
    [MapleLegends Doesn't Run OR Bounces on Doc and Disappears]

If you get this upon downloading, make sure you used right-click to open. If not:

1. Redownload & reinstall the file
    2. IF that doesn't work, right-click to "Show Package Contents"
    3. Afterwards go to "set screen options" and put in the following settings:

[​IMG]

5. IF you still have issues, try the solution suggested for "IF You're on Mac OS 10.7 or Older"

[IF the Font is Broken]

1. Download xQuartz-ML.pkg from here
    2. Install it, and tada~ fonts should be fixed
    [IF You're on Mac OS 10.7 or Older]

1. If you're on a Mac OS 10.7 or older and your client isn't launching, you'll have to revert to our old settings (which sadly means it's not GFX proof)
    2. Download the unofficial wineskin winery which you can download here (this should automatically start downloading when you click the link)
    3. After it finished downloading, launch the application and click the "+" sign located in the middle left of the window.

[​IMG]

4. You can choose 2.22 for full screen mode, or 1.4.1 for windowed mode, and then click download and install
    5. Find your MapleLegends application
    6. Right-click "Show Package Contents"
    7. Open Wineskin > Advanced > Tools > Change Engine Used (located on the right hand side)
    8. Now you're going to see a window that should look like this

[​IMG]

Change the engine to the one you downloaded hit okay. IF the engine didn't change, copy and paste the MapleLegends application, delete the original one. Try the steps again on the duplicated MapleLegends. You should now be able to run MapleLegends on your very outdated OS! SeemsGood

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jenni

Jenni Slime

Jan 27, 2018
    Female
    San Diego, CA
    2:47 AM
    jennijoon
    Bishop
    ThotzRUs
    You are by and large the realest MVP out there. This was the most seamless and quick ML download I've ever experienced and I can't thank you enough for making it happen omg. <3

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. _spectrum

_spectrum Slime

Jul 2, 2017
    I just want to add some notes here regarding fullscreen mode. If you are a big fan of it, and ONLY prefer playing in fullscreen (like me), checking "Full Screen" in override settings and unchecking "Use Mac driver instead of X11 driver" in other options resolves the issue of screen tearing in fullscreen mode, allowing for a seemingly pleasant experience while walking/teleporting around certain maps like the Free Market and Henesys. The final thing I want to add is that you also aren't to allow for custom resolutions within full screen mode. It seems, however, that Wine is able to force to your custom resolution while booting up the client, but when the Wizet white screen appears, the Maplestory client forces the resolution back down to 800x600.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. mosshroom

mosshroom Orange Mushroom

Mar 18, 2017
    Female
    12:47 PM
    Chara, mosshroom
    Hermit, Shadower
    Halcyon
    Really glad to see MAC users getting some love. One question tho, did the testers try windowed/fullscreen or both at HT/Zak? If so was there any noticable difference in performance?

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I'm afraid I didn't ask about that :( but both should be fine (in theory) since toggling those settings don't affect the solution I found for preventing GFX screen freezes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RealDeal

RealDeal Mano

Sep 16, 2017
    Male
    5:47 AM
    MembersOnly
    Assassin
    Unworthy
    When opening the .dmg the verifying pops up and then dissapears after awhile without opening the maplelegends installer

7. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Check your desktop or your finder and look for "MapleLegends Installer" it isn't an actual installer, but rather a folder (or a virtual disk rather)

8. Jenni

Jenni Slime

Jan 27, 2018
    Female
    San Diego, CA
    jennijoon
    Bishop
    ThotzRUs
    A small follow up -- not really an "issue" but just sort of a weird thing I encountered?? I have my bahamut keyed on 9 and for some reason when I hit the "option" key, it activates the bahamut?????? Like I said, not really an ~issue~ but it never happened to me with previous clients so I just thought I'd throw it out there. <3

9. Bella

Bella Mixed Golem

Nov 7, 2015
    Female
    7:47 PM
    attach
    F/P Arch Mage
    ethereaI
    Huge thank you for this. I was having so much trouble every time I had to install Legends previously (taking forever to unzip and forever again to install) but this installer was super fast! c:

10. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    5:47 PM
    Crusader
    Doesn't seem to work for everyone... for the new MacBook Pros, unchecking 'Mac Driver' results in the whole screen flickering.

11. _spectrum

_spectrum Slime

Jul 2, 2017
    Which Macbook do you have? I'm using the 2015 13 inch if that helps

12. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    2018 MacBook Pro (without the touch bar thingy), running High Sierra.

13. twoFour

twoFour Mano

Nov 24, 2017
    twoFour
    Bishop
    I have a small issue as well. I play in both full screen and windowed (when multiclienting) and have my settings as shown by Nise. However, when I use the Cmd+Enter combo to toggle windowed mode, my client gets smaller but the black bars filling up the full screen resolution remains. Any idea how I should fix that?

Update: This is what my fullscreen and windowed mode looks like respectively.
    Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 10.50.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 10.50.51 AM.png

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  14. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Did you apply the fix mentioned in the original post? With downloading the fixed version of the client?

15. twoFour

twoFour Mano

Nov 24, 2017
    twoFour
    Bishop
    Oh let me try that! Missed that segment there.. Will update again! :) Thanks!

Update: It works perfectly now! Thanks for the hard work Nise! :D

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. csairlfh

csairlfh Mano

Oct 8, 2017
    Male
    Pirate
    there is no response when i right click or double click IT

17. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    What version of mac are you on? If it's an older version of Mac, try the last solution. If not, try redownloading & reinstalling and letting me know if that fixes it! ^^

18. Ngo Tri

Ngo Tri Red Snail

Jun 28, 2018
    Male
    4:47 PM
    Zellion
    Beginner
    Colors <3
    Hi there, I did install the file "xQuartz-ML.pkg", it works perfectly fine buth after that, when I try to open "MapleLegends.pkg" something like this popped up
    "Maplelegend cant be opened because it is from ... unidentified developer...".

Please I need your help :(

19. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Can you try too "right click" open the package? That should by-pass it ^^

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Ngo Tri

Ngo Tri Red Snail

Jun 28, 2018
    Male
    4:47 PM
    Zellion
    Beginner
    Colors <3
    wow It working! Thanks alot :)) youre the best!

• Friendly Friendly x 2