1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Something that has been ignored

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Lulinya, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    7:16 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    The mobs keep dropping monster card after having a full card set of them.
    Which is bad to us and affect the drop rate of other items.
    Ex: this mob will drop the item(id)... then monster card bump in and kick that item out of the line.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:16 PM
    Moderator Post
    That's not how the formulas work. Each item have their own chance, so more items does not mean other items have a less chance to drop.

We had a poll regarding this and most of people wanted them to keep drop, so people can grind together. Not forgotten, just wasn't appreciated to implement.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    7:16 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    Formulas time, two type of mob
    The Clone and the Breeder
    the Clone is like a fake thing that simulate the pre-mob which doensnt carry the Items id and often move lightly and move in a pack of 4-5.
    the Breader is the mob carrying none common id items, it will be selected between those clone when the map have reach the appropriate amount of mob on least 2 platforms.
    When you killing not fast enough on all platform or killing too fast while the server have not generated the item id (which change oftenly), it will put you in the loop of spawning clone mob(I suggest you afk for while).
    When all the mob free roaming and not merging with each other is the time the Item Id has been generated and it is also the time for you to have some good items

You set me to your trap
    Now I set you back, UwU

4. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    8:16 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I am having trouble understanding this. Are you saying this is how you think it currently works, or how you want it to work? I have no idea what a pre-mob is. The items you get are determined when you kill a mob, the server generates a random number(s) which determines what drops you get. Each possible item has a % to drop. That % is up to who wrote the server's code (won't be the same as Neckson's) but it's probably a fixed number for each item, and not determined by number of mobs on a platform or other complicated things that the server would need to calculate in a short amount of time.

5. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    1:16 PM

• Agree Agree x 1