1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Active Exciting vote changes

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:53 PM
    Moderator Post
    Greetings Maplers,

We have some exciting news for our lovely voters that have supported the server on the top list for months, to years.

First of all, thank you so much! Thanks to all the loyal, and daily voters on helping us stay at the high top of the voting lists. Consider this topic a personal appreciation from me and the staff :)

Now into the changes.

- New voting reset time

Asked for many months, and now finally delivering! Active now is a new reset time for votes. Yes, no more 24 hours at last. However, as stated before, we still need deal with GTOP's time when they reset their voting, which is currently 6 AM server time.

This means that, voting can be done everyday on 6 AM server time instead of every 24 hours. We would love to do everyday UTC, but unfortunately as of right now GTOP is not willing to use a more global timezone yet.

We hope you'll like this new change either-way!

- Introducing bonus rewards for loyal voters (BETA)

Furthermore, we would like to introduce something new for our voting system. Since 2015 we've been giving people 5.000 Vote Cash for voting, and sometimes a bit more during special periods.

Wouldn't it be great if you were to get a bit more based on how long you've been supporting us? To show that extra appreciation, we'll introduce a new vote streak system.

This system allows you to get an additional bonus the longer you've been voting for us in a row (not retroactive).

Example, let's say you get 5.000 Vote Cash on your first vote. The next day, you vote for us another time. Now, you get 5.020 Vote Cash, then 5.040 vote cash, and so on.

However, if you fail to vote, it resets back to 5.000, and thus the streak breaks. Of course eventually the streak caps, so people do not end up getting like 100k Vote Cash everyday. Currently, we think about capping at 6.000 Vote Cash during the trial period, while giving a 20 bonus each streak everyday.

NOTE: Because this is a BETA, there's a good chance the rates will be experimented with.

Furthermore, we are still thinking of other ideas, such as a voting rankings. We are also working on additional changes, such as showing your streaks on the 'my account' part of the site and more.

Don't worry though! We are still working on many, many other things as well, at the same time.

We hope you'll like the changes, and we are looking forward to your feedback. :)

Special thanks to DraudsDrauds making this possible :heartbeat:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    • Great Work x 11
    • Like x 10
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. OhDoggo

OhDoggo Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    10:53 AM
    Bowmaster
    STATIC VOTE TIME RESET POGGGGGGGGGG
    NO MORE 'OH SHIT I FORGOT TO VOTE'

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. FeroxAnima

FeroxAnima Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    11:53 PM
    Zelretch/HerSlave
    Bishop
    Horny/Muse
    D R O D S MapleF14

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    4:53 PM
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    Sounds really good! Both, the streak system and a flat hour for vote reset. I believe 0.02k nx is a little bit too less but as a start to experiment with, is fine. Really appreciate all the effort that has been put throughout this years by the staff and, your effort and dedication, is what has made this server so amazing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    4:53 AM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    Disagree on vote streak :>
    Preference: vote streak applying when having at least 1 character at lvl.71

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  6. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    2:53 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Does it work based off of the voter's IP or off of the account used? I tend to trade off my votes depending on where the cash is needed, will it break my streak to log out of one account for another?

And does this mean we can vote at say, 8am st on one day, then at 7am st on the next day? Is there a limit to this? Would a person be able to vote at 5:50am st then vote again 11 minutes later at 6:01am st after it resets? Not that that would be beneficial unless you wanna risk it all to vote every 2 days. MapleF3

I'm gonna max my streak just so I don't have to get triggered by having 20 vote cash extra btw

Thanks for the new addiction. D R O D S

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    It is account-based. We are also looking in the decent future in possibly getting rid of all the vote2win we currently offer in the hope we can also get rid of the confusing 'vote abuse' rule as well, to further benefit what GTOP already allows. However, I can't give too much info on that yet, since the development is pretty early. For now though, unfortunately you can only keep a streak for one account at a time.

If you vote on 5:40 AM server time it means you can vote another time 20 minutes later.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wiwixu

Wiwixu Red Snail

Nov 20, 2018
    Male
    4:53 PM
    Wiwixu
    Dark Knight
    Tempus
    I grew with this, because people have a lot of account lvl 50 only to vote and do gacha.

9. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    5:53 AM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    NNN is almost ending and you tempt us like this

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    So if we get rid of all the vote2win aspects, there will be no need for a vote abuse rule? Does that mean we'd be able to vote multiple times without a ban? Am I reading that right?

What exactly encompasses vote2win by the way? Is it just gachapon and marriage or does that include AP resets as well?

...Would that mean I can dress up all my characters and give them all active pets? OnionF4

11. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    In my eyes right now the only problem left are the Gachapon tickets in the shop, since items obtained from it are trade-able. And yes, without that said rule you would be able to vote on as many characters you want, since GTOP do allow that already for a very long time.

12. Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    OnionCryOnionGhostOnionConfused

13. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    5:53 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Wasting nx on vote gach lul

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Master Icy

Master Icy Red Snail

Nov 15, 2018
    I/L Wizard
    So the current server time is 19:52 currently correct?

15. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Server time is found on our website, as well as this part of the forums:
    upload_2018-11-24_21-49-48.png

16. Master Icy

Master Icy Red Snail

Nov 15, 2018
    I/L Wizard
    Got it, thanks for clarifying that Kimberly. I'm new :)
    Just wanted to say also this is a great improvement to the voting system.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  17. Bambo

Bambo Stone Golem

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    4:53 AM
    FPBambo
    F/P Wizard
    Spirit
    This change is bae!

btw will there be a voting system where the streak can be transfered between accounts? (still belong to 1 person)

For example:
    day 1 and 2 I vote on account A and get 5k and 5.02k nx
    day 3 I vote on account B and get 5.04k nx

18. Kirisame

Kirisame Pac Pinky

Jul 5, 2018
    Kirisame
    Hero
    ImACatMeow
    Doesn't that mean people will get infinate owls and smegas?
    The fun of shopping in fm will gone MapleF3.

However, I do like the idea of being able to wash 2 characters at same time MapleF14.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  19. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I wouldn't say infinite since you still need an unique IP every-time (proxy voting is not allowed and hard fought by GTOP). Instead, it is fair game for everyone, instead of few bad users potentially getting away vote abusing.

But yeah, early development. Nothing is confirmed yet.

20. Kirisame

Kirisame Pac Pinky

Jul 5, 2018
    Kirisame
    Hero
    ImACatMeow
    yeah I forgot about this part SlimeSweat2.