1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Regarding voting, vote abuse, and GTOP

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    11:36 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    we can change it so we pay for the NX if you really want that :confused:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I was joking about the owling. Most of my nx will go towards mp washing my bishop and hp washing my sair at the same time!

3. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    8:36 PM
    Thief
    yeah but infinite nx is more custom than what we had until now
    in 1 year we will have tons of 30k nls going around and this change is gonna make the server very different and in my opinion for very worse (more like the 1000x rates servers where everything goes easy and fast)
    in summer 17 there was this attempt change to make ap resets cheaper and everyone was losing their minds and you take your decision back
    i see this change as a lot more severe
    so now everything around nx items from cash shop are completely free, i wonder if any server done that before and saw the repercussions of that

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    maybe change the prices on some things, such as rocks/owls/charms

5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Do you know how many ap resets it takes to get a 30k nightlord? I think its much more than 1 year of vote nx.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. OhDoggo

OhDoggo Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    7:36 AM
    Bowmaster
    'infinite' keeping in mind one account can only be voted on once a day. That doesn't change the speed of washing for one account.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    Thief
    it does cus u don't need to spend nx on smegas,owls,apq mules and anything else i forget because u can do that on other account. also you can wash 10x accs at once. so if u only play one acc and only use your nx on ap resets its the same but everything else is different
    idk why so many people support this but if im the only one then who reject this then w.e i don't really care just sad to see a good server falling apart

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    You never needed to spend nx on smegas, owls, or apq mules. You could buy those services off other people for mesos. (For APQ mules, you could have someone else purchase the wedding ticket from cash shop and have them marry you).

9. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    its not falling apart lol. i dont see this server falling anytime soon, but exceeeding

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It takes far longer than a year to make a 30k NL lol

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/how-to-wash-to-infinity.17229/

^ The math showing it'll take over 2,000 AP resets on a fresh character, or pretty close to 3 years. And if anyone really thinks the server is getting easier, then you should probably look at the patch notes for the latest patch.

I'm pretty sure Owls will just make the market more competitive. Right now only no-lifers going through every single shop can control the market, but now the job is easier and more people are capable of merchanting by the ease of use.

One actual critique of the new vote rules is that people who have the means of getting multiple unique IP addresses, through proximity to nearby local networks, or by having the tech knowhow and real life money to get an advantage in the MapleLegends market, because they can vote many more times than the 2-3 times that the majority of players are capable of. I can see removing Owls from the Cash Shop and *shudders in custom content* adding them to an NPC for like 100k to be a controversial solution to that. It would make a decent meso sink too.

It was the same sort of issue, just on a bigger scale, that initiated the coding to making MapleLegends able to handle multiple clients at the same time. People with the right programs or multiple computers were the only ones capable of using multiple clients, and that is sort of the case right now with voting, just with a much smaller advantage that revolves around owls.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Ratsun

Ratsun Mano

Dec 29, 2018
    Male
    Ratsun
    Dragon Knight
    I absolutely love this idea

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    12:36 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    I can't say I'm a big fan of this change right now. It seems like a step backwards for Legends, because if you're allowing players to farm washes/smegas/owls on as many accounts as they want, the game becomes more "mule2win" than ever before.

The problem is that, even though Gachapon tickets have been removed, the Cash Shop still gives in-game advantages: AP Reset, Owl of Minerva, Super Megaphone, Wedding, and pets/pet equips. If Legends wants to go in a 'gameplay to win' direction, then these items should be obtainable through actual gameplay rather than votes on GTOP. The Anniversary tickets last year were a great example of this: a ticket dropped from a mob, and you could trade it for either an AP Reset or Hunting Gacha ticket - washing earned through PLAYING THE GAME instead of voting on some arbitrary website.

The issue that arises with this philosophy is that if you remove those Cash Shop items too, people will be overall less inclined to vote for the server because they won't be gaining any type of advantage for doing so, thus Legends could end up lower on GTOP ranking. Not to mention removing AP resets etc from the CS will piss off hundreds of players who have been votefarming them for years now, as well as new players who didn't have the chance to get them via voting in the past.

There's no easy solution to this problem. If you legalize vote abuse, players will feel encouraged to vote on as many accounts as possible to gain a gameplay advantage. However, if you remove those advantageous items from the Cash Shop and introduce new ways to gain them via gameplay instead, there will be less incentive to vote because it does not give the player any gameplay advantage to do so.

I'll be thinking about this and share more thoughts later. SlimeSmile

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Lumina

Lumina Master Chronos

Jul 31, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    2:36 PM
    Night Lord
    BanStrike-1
    yayy i love more nx.

But now everybody can make a bishop to make money and an OP archmage (mp wash) and attacker (hp wash) at the same time O_O

but wanted to edit to remind everybody HOW MUCH BETTER LOOKING YOUR CHARACTERS WILL BE FROM NOW ON.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
  14. Adrian707717

Adrian707717 Orange Mushroom

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    2:36 AM
    UncleDumble
    Bishop
    What about selling Smega or Owl Svcs ? One mule just to vote and do tht to gain mesos .. isnt that vote2win too ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:36 PM
    Moderator Post
    SMEGA and owl services are both unofficial services that are community ran. However, due to easier spread access to Cash now I can only expect this currently to get cheaper, and not more expensive.

You are right though in a way since you can earn mesos by spending Cash.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    increase the price of owls/smegas in the Cash shop since they are more obtainable.
    also, please make smega banning more common since its gunna be a spam fest of the same people

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    5:36 AM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Be aware that some people cannot vote more than once/twice for whatever reason so if there's a price increase for certain NX items I hope it is still within reason.

18. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I don't see the increased availability to owls/smegas to be a huge issue (although I could be wrong who knows), the only thing that concerns my is the ability to spam VIP rocks. In later versions of maple, VIP rocks became extremely spamable and at some point people just stopped walking to maps entirely. I think the ability to instantly teleport anywhere destroys the sense of distance and kind of ruins the feel of old school MS. I personally feel like VIP rock usage should either be heavily restricted or the price significantly increased.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    A bit late to the discussion here...

As much as I like the idea of removing the gachapon tickets from the cash shop, I do just want to point out that this act in itself will cause a major shift to the server's economy and dynamics. As other people have pointed out, now that so much vote cash will no longer be spent on gachapon tickets, it will inevitably be spent elsewhere.

20. Masterg75

Masterg75 Brown Teddy

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    Sepoy
    Bishop
    This gives advantage to newly created charecters over the old one.
    I didnt wash my bishop and i can barely do horntail withou dying due to despell for example, new bishops will have more hp , and could even grind without hb mule.
    I considared voting on my attacker only and now what?..