1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Regarding voting, vote abuse, and GTOP

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Jan 29, 2019.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:23 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    What level is your bishop?

2. Masterg75

Masterg75 Brown Teddy

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    12:23 AM
    Sepoy
    Bishop

3. Masterg75

Masterg75 Brown Teddy

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    Sepoy
    Bishop
    This thing just encourage people to make mule accounts! and plenty of them, people will find the way to vote and some people have the time to do it...
    I think Kimberley stated shes against mule accounts so im a bit confused here.
    I suggest limit this to 2 accounts if not just 1

4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Hmm yeah you do have a point about the bishops being more washed. I'm certainly going to wash mine given this change. However, if you still level up your bishop, you still have a lot of level up AP to mp wash with.

5. Vaessen

Vaessen Orange Mushroom

Feb 12, 2017
    Male
    Vaessen
    Beginner, Chief Bandit
    Honor
    Yeah I agree. Have a limit of some sort. Not sure how I feel about “infinite” mules; it can't be too open ended like that, rules still need to have a structure/guideline. 2-3 votes MAX is fair.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  6. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    someone voted on 20 accounts lol. its shit like this thats gunna ruin it for all of us. Just Saying

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    4:23 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Now I don't intend to be mean, but you should realize that there are very very few bishops that can tank an HT attack without magic guard. In fact, in all of my 200+ HT runs, I have yet to encounter such bishop(although I know they are out there). Experienced bishops can survive HT runs nearly 100% of the time without any washing. If you are dying very often, it is due to your own inexperience rather than lack of washing.

As for MP washing, I feel like this isn't that big of a deal. Unlike HP washing, MP washing can be done essentially anytime, and in fact you actually get more mp per wash when you are higher level. Furthermore, the difference between HB and no HB while grinding is only on the order of a couple hundred k saved per hour if you are a high level bishop.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:23 PM
    Moderator Post
    Can you DM me who? I found it not believable that someone have 20 unique connections to vote from. I can also shout 'I voted on 50 accounts xDD' just to make everything more dramatic.

I have nothing against mules. The thing I dislike most about old MapleStory is afk leeching, which doesn't really change with or without this change.

Such limit is inconsistent and cannot be put in place. I still don't think anyone has that many unique connections to vote from everyday.

9. Masterg75

Masterg75 Brown Teddy

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    Sepoy
    Bishop
    But afk leeching is done with mules i can sell leech using 5 mules.
    Also gg fm full of bakas mules and hoardings

10. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    On the plus side doesn't this mean Legends will climb up the GTOP rankings?

11. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    fuck that lol

sorry, im not saying any names. none of my business. im sure word spreads fast when people brag about it

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2019
  12. Anich1456

Anich1456 Brown Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    6:23 AM
    Karikatus
    Assassin
    Boop
    well its not advantageous for you yes that is one thing, but the other thing is that you get no disbenefit either? Because this is not a right to be able to vote on multiple accounts, its a privilege that is granted by maple legends. So if you take it as that then its fine, but if you wanna choose to be selfish and only think about your own benefit, then yeap it is definitely a HUGE loss ;D

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Anich1456

Anich1456 Brown Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karikatus
    Assassin
    Boop
    Firstly Kimmy i would like to appologize as i think my actions of stocking up all those VoteCash just to buy gacha has turned out to be such a jackass move on my part from you and your staff's views :x . I was not really aware that buying gacha and selling the loot you get is known as pay2win because you see i am a working person and i really do not have the time to play the game. Yes i know its my own personal problem but i just wanted to share that some ppl who keep voting daily even though they don't play the game should not be known as Pay2Win , unless they are doing it of their own benefit. Again i understand that being inactive and not playing on the server while still voting is actually bad for the server's health, so yes i agree that removing this so called pay2win method is a good thing. So lastly i really hope that by taking these steps in order to promote a better and more active people on the server and not be just filled with more mules than ever before :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Oh, you should not be sorry for doing something that a lot, if not everyone was doing after taking a break/quit. You still give us votes which in return benefit us.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Anich1456

Anich1456 Brown Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karikatus
    Assassin
    Boop
    Okay thank god XD because i was noticing that some ppl be like "ewww gross these people spending their gacha on the very last minute, like much wow V2W" so i thought i needed to appologize . . . . . . but im glad that it wasnt that way, thanks ! :D

16. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    6:23 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I get no disbenefit because my drk is already fully washed. My point is for people that have 2 mains on one account who do get a disbenefit now (compared to other players). If it takes 1 year to fully wash a character then somebody starting today could have 2 accounts and wash both in 1 year. Meanwhile the player that has 2 characters sharing an account would take 2 years to fully wash both. How is a scenario like that fair for the person using multiple characters on 1 account?

17. Anich1456

Anich1456 Brown Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karikatus
    Assassin
    Boop
    How can it be fair if it was just an advantage and not a benefit that was supposed to be intended in the game? i mean other people will just be faster and the one that is sharing the account would just take 2 years, that's just how things are XD it's not unfair because like i said, its not a right but just a privilege

18. Mii

Mii Mixed Golem

Sep 21, 2018
    MapleLegends
    LilMi / miii
    Bowmaster
    ⚔️ Beaters
    now we gonna reach #1 on GTOP for sure! =D
    = more ppl =D

19. Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    Angbak
    Bishop
    MrPresidentMrPresident it's true that if a new player were to start now, they'll only need half the time to wash 2 characters compared to a person who has 2 characters on the same acc.

However, if you are really annoyed by this inefficiency, you can always create a new character on a different account and you'll be suffering no disadvantage.

Now I agree that in this way, you're going to waste mesos and time sunk into one of the character you made, but isn't this one advantage you'll have if you were to keep your char compared to new players?

To say that new players have an advantage is not true at all. You always have the choice of just remaking your character and there, you have the same starting point as a new player. Whether or not this is worth it compared against the lost of progress is entirely based on your own calculations .

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. WackyWarlock

WackyWarlock Stone Golem

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    6:23 PM
    WackyWarlock
    Bishop
    All of them
    It was your choice not to wash your bishop. I managed to do both. *shrugs*

Also I'd like to note my bishop has over 5k hp and still cant survive dispel in HT. The left head ice attack counts as physical damage which makes it pretty much impossible.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019