1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide to efficiently leveling high base int chars with zero starting funding.

Discussion in 'Training' started by akashsky, Jan 10, 2019.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    7:12 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Who this guide is for
    This guide is for the dedicated legender who wants to reach end game with HIGH HP (10K+) on a ranged DPS class.

Also, if this is not who you are and other players talk down or you or try to make you feel bad because you are not doing this, tell them to suck it.

Step 1: Make a HS mule and Ice-lightning at the same time.

HS mule can stop at 81, ice lightning can stop anytime level 70 or above.

The most efficient way to do this is to make both the HS mule and ice lightning together and then multi client on party quests, (HPQ, KPQ, LPQ).

From level 10 to 21, do a combination of quests and HPQ

Once you reach 30 from KPQ/Questing, I do recommend you try out Nisse's guide to get from level 30 to 35.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...precise-levelling-for-new-chars-lvl-35.17122/

From 35-37 or 40, I suggest doing LPQ until you can max thunder bolt on your ice lightning. This mobbing skill is amazing.

From there, I suggest leeching your cleric with your ice lightning at teddies until it reaches level 43, then you can swap over to leeching it at wraiths.

If your Ice lightning is leveling too far ahead of your cleric, take some time to solo train your cleric. You don't want them to grow too far apart in levels.

Once your cleric reaches ~lv 45, and your ice lightning is ~45-50, swap over to ghost ship 2. Its super early for cleric and your exp would be garbage solo, but this is the perfect time to come for an ice lighting because gs2 mobs are weak to lightning. So even though you miss alot, you still do good damage with your ice lightning and get good exp.

Stay at GS2 until you get Max holy symbol on your priest and get to at least level 70 on your ice lightning. Once your priest reaches lv 75, I do recommend buying 3-3.5 hours of split wolf spider leech to get to 81. Trust me, you will be sick of GS2 after being there for over 30 levels.

Step 2: Make an attacker class (class you want to level with high base int)
    As for which attacker to go, you should play whatever you want to play.

However, if you are making a nightlord, i strongly recommend making a SE mule along with it.

If you are making a marksman, I strongly recommend making an SI mule as well.

The reason is that these party buffs are absolutely insane damage boosters on these classes.

SE gives nightlords nearly a 60% damage increase, whereas speed infusion gives marksman nearly a 17% damage increase. If you have speed infusion on a marksman, you will be out-damaging similarly funded bow masters for a VERY long time (though they will win at end game).

Corsairs don't really need party buffs to be that effective, but they do become slightly stronger when they get SI and SE (each give ~5% damage boost to corsairs).

Bowmasters literally do not benefit from any buff in the game. Don't bother making any buff mules if you wanna main this class.

Shadowers are in the same case as bowmasters. Also they don't need to wash at all due to meso guard so unless you just want a high HP, high avoid shadower, you should stop reading this guide and just start a shadower.

If you want to make a Bucc, making an SE mule along with it is still an option (stun mastery + SE = insane damage on mobs when grinding in fourth job), but not something I strongly recommend.

If you want to play any warrior, you really should stop reading this guide and just go make it. They barely need any int to hp wash effectively.

Step 3: Train yourself doing the following:
    Henesy PQ 10-15
    Bubbling self leech 15-20
    Wild boar self leech 20-25
    Teddy self leech 25-43 (tough grind here)
    Jr. Wrath self leech 30-43 (only better than teddy if you 1hit)
    Wraith Self leech 43-53 (even tougher grind here)
    GS1 self leech 53-55
    GS5 self leech 55-58
    GS2 self leech 58-65

While you are doing the above, you want to invite your HS mule to your party to buff yourself HS and then leave party on it. You should also consider selling split low level leech, the exp you provide if you rotate your map optimally is very comparible to that of a bishop.

If you consistently sell split leech you will be making bank.

If you see another person trying hard to grind and don't have a split buyer, be a nice person and PARTY with them. Even if they kill at only half the rate you do, having them in the party will increase the exp per hour your attacker gets.

You want to try and save mesos because in step 4 you will buy a lot of leech. I estimate that it should cost you ~300-400m to complete step 4.

Step 4: Buy leech for your i/l and attacker class, (can also bring HS mule to bishop but thats optional)

65-71 WR
    71-75 Greatest Oldies
    75-85 Wolf spider
    85-90 ulu1
    90-100/105 ulu2
    [optional] 100-105 ulu3
    105-120 petrifighter or 108-120 skele

Beyond here is optional

120-125 shaolin 3-4
    125-129 shaolin 5-6

If you ever run out of mesos, you can just self leech starting at 120, or go back to selling low level leech with your HS mule + i/l combo if you are not fourth job yet.

If you are really low on mesos because you were not able to sell split leech and got consistently screwed over by gachapon, just buy split leech for your i/l and rush it to fourth job.

After your ice lightning hits fourth (which should not be too expensive as leeching from 75-120 shouldn't cost more than 200-300m if you buy split) you can just self leech your attacker as far as you like.

Also, I do suggest either MP washing your ice lightning OR making a hyper body mule to lessen your potion cost. Blizzard eats alot of mana per cast!
    Notes:
    I don't recommend leeching more than two characters at most (even though full party leech is the most efficient). The teddy and wraith grind are pretty much hell as is.

If you want to power level, try to find someone else who is also leeching an attacker and trade leech with them. Basically instead of both of you leeching your characters individually, have person A leech both players characters for X hours, and then have person B leech both players characters for X hours. This is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than leeching only by yourself.

To efficiently HS, copy paste /partyinvite HSmule , and then when its time to HS, type enter, control v, enter. Then, go to your hs mule, click accept party use HS, and then use the /leaveparty command.

In addition, I also recommend making a few fame mules and trying to sell some fame daily. It may only get you 500k to 1m per day, but do it over the course of a month and it certainly adds up.

The most optimal time to do this is during an event when there are bonus exp or drop rates. This drastically reduces the amount of time you need to leech yourself and increases the amount of mesos you make per hour from monster drops.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    10:12 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    For HSing on some maps, you could also stay in the party and just keep the priest in the FM, and then when you need HS bring them out and then quickly back to the FM. It might be faster/less of a hassle but it's only effective if the map doesn't have too many options for your priest to spawn at (it's random).

Also, why I/L instead of F/P ? The latter trains incredibly fast during 3rd job with mist at shaolin, so you wouldn't need to leech it. Or use Julian's self-leeching method described here: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/how-to-sell-meta-breaking-leech.23316/#post-171235

If you just want to use it for self-leech, F/P can 1hko mobs at slightly lower magic than I/L. Getting to level 70 is significantly harder on F/P however.
    If this is a guide for players without funding, they might want to avoid having to spend 400m.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    The reason is that ice lightning peaks with its mobbing capabiltiies very early on and is far superior than fire poison at grinding on weak monsters.

You won't be using poison mist to train at teddies / wraiths after all and thats where you will be spending the majority of your leech time, (and of course you wouldn't want to max explosion first on a FP mage).

The other thing is that if you are leeching your attacker to 65 AND selling split leech along the way, it is not unreasonable to reach ~400m in mesos by the time you hit level 65 on your attacker, (As do note this is the third character you've reached near third job on).

You will get hunting gachapon tickets, normal gachapon tickets, nx drops, equips to npc, and split leech mesos. If there is an event going on, you make even more.

Of course, if you don't get to sell split leech consistently, you probably won't make it to the 400m mark. In that case, once you reach lv 65 on your attacker, you can swap to pure leech selling mode and try to build up your mesos bank.

Also you 100% want to spend the mesos on leech because its much more efficient in terms of gaining exp. Selling leech at a low level map and then buying leech at a higher level map beats grinding normally at a high level map hands down. Also, demand for low level leech seems to have been going up these days.

Also I should clarify that this isn't a guide for players with zero funding, its a guide for players with zero starting funding. Naturally as you play you gain funding. I am saying that this funding should be spent on leech.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  4. Humpf

Humpf Orange Mushroom

Jan 25, 2019
    Male
    1:12 AM
    Corrosion
    Just a question; would it be faster/better to train them at the same time (as in party together) OR train them 1 at a time? I currently have an I/L and Cleric both level 31 atm and iv been training them together in a party grinding

5. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    that is the best way

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Party training is more efficient, but I recommend not letting the level difference between them grow too much. Try to train them somewhat evenly. Also, make sure to keep an eye out for GM buffs. 30 minutes of grinding with Holy symbol is magical compared to grinding without it.

The reason is that at level 45, ice lightning mages can go to ghost ship 2 and get really good exp. However, if your cleric is within 5 levels of your ice lightning mage, your cleric will be able to leech exp from your ice lightning, even though slimy at ghost ship 2 is level 63.

Right now, your goal should be trying to get to ghost ship 2 as fast as possible, as its unfortunately the best map to grind on from 45 to 81 (other than leech).

7. Humpf

Humpf Orange Mushroom

Jan 25, 2019
    Male
    1:12 AM
    Corrosion
    Thanks dude! Dam GS2 from 45-81!?! Seems a lot D: Would I even be able to hit them at level 45?

Also how often are the GM buffs? I don't think iv seen one since iv started

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  8. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    You can hit them. I was there at 45. Some misses will happen but it's fine.

GM buffs are somewhat rare. More frequent on weekends i think.

9. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    GS2/5 are weak to Lightning ;) lure them to the staircase you shud be good.
    also lvl 37/38 go to truckers in Singapore. they are also weak to lightning!
    if you want to make some extra money, you can try platoon/master chronos in ludi and use your cleric to heal grind.

Platoons chronos drops Glove for Atk 60%s (1.3m-1.6m)
    Master chronos drop Helmet for dex 60% which is 4-5m ea

the prices of GFA has increased in a good way O__O

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Yup. By the time you are near the end of your GS2 time you will be absolutely sick of it. You will definetly miss a lot at 45, but the exp to health ratio of slimy is so good, its still the best training spot even with a bunch of misses.

I definitely recommend saving some mesos for when you hit level 75 to buy leech to 81. It would only cost you ~12m in split wolf spider leech through those last few levels to get holysymbol.

GM buffs are kinda random, but I've seen them happen decently often during weekend PST evenings / mornings.

Also do note what FishyFishy said for meso making. You can't sell low level leech until your holy symbol mule is finished, so what he said is pretty much your best bet at raising funds at your level. Though, to be honest at your level you should value exp over mesos since once you can sell leech, the mesos just roll in.

11. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    dont even worry much about leech/mesos, just play and enjoy the low level game play. the mesos will come on its own

12. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    So to play the class I want all I need to do is make three characters, level the two I don't want to play up, then use those two that I didn't want to play in order to level up the one I did want to play by triple clienting, then just leech him up using all of the money I may have earned but it's okay because I still have the character I don't want to play to do the soul-sucking job of leeching? 10/10 noob friendly *no funds needed* guide.

And it'll only take me a few hundred hours to start to play the game. Nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Play the game however you want, but if you have any ideas on how to better start a high base int character with no starting funding, im all ears.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    The title says "efficiently", and in my opinion this is more efficient than playing 150 int sin only. If you have a problem with that, it's the system's fault, not akashskyakashsky's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Of course it's efficient, nobody in their right mind would argue against that. I could assert that the most efficient way to get eaten by a shark is to cover yourself in seal blubber and go molesting some sharks at Seaworld but that's not inherently valuable just because it's efficient.

But masquerading efficiency as a necessary means to people just starting out is detrimental to the game. This is a guide targeting new players based off of the unfunded status and the basic breakdowns of what to do, and any new player reading this will likely just turn tail and run because no part of it is fun or even entertaining - it's all just work. The cold, soulless work takes away all the essence of everything that players found to love when they played Maplestory back when they were kids or young adults.

Nowadays most MMO communities are filled with toxic efficiency. For every new player there's a dozen old players talking down to them telling them that what they're doing is inefficient or bad and it's draining to hear everybody say "You didn't wash and you're level 60 now? Better just restart", or "You need to make a mage and buy int gear, your sin will be useless later without it." These are common sentiments I hear and never do these people ask if the new player wants their opinion or even ask what the new player's goal is. Whenever an old player chooses to give their unrequited opinion to tell a new player what to do it's simply narcissism under the guise of "help", and it promotes a toxic culture that values utility over having fun, or making friends, or anything else we thought was cool as kids.

So not only am I going to play the game however I want, I will encourage any new players reading this to do the same, and anytime someone tries to make you feel bad and tells you what you ought to be doing let them know that their opinion doesn't mean squat.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Hey if you ever come across one of my threads that you might reply to, save yourself some humiliation and consider the title of it before you reply.

And this guide is for the people that are gonna do it this way anyway. If someone isn't up to what they read in this guide, they're not gonna do it. And somehow you're complicating that and taking this so personally that you're suggesting the author is showing narcissistic behavior? Far out man, stop while you can.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  17. Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    That's not really an intellectually honest assessment of my post at all. The argument is about fighting against the promotion a negative culture in gaming, which I assert efficiency is a part of. To promote it to new players without regard to their own feelings is toxic. I also claimed that people who give their unfounded opinions to new players without being asked show a bit of narcissism. Is that true for the author? I have no idea, the initial guide post doesn't really do that, it's just a guide, but if he's done it in his Maple career then yes, I'll claim that he's shown a bit of that trait too. It's not special, I've no doubt done it a number of times too before I stopped seeing this game as another spreadsheet simulator.

Those are my claims. If you want to argue, then argue against them.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    The incredibly over-analytical and personal mentallity that is required for you to take this guide personally and suggest that it is written from narcissism..... is narcissism. You are literally bitching about people like yourself.

A narcissist believes that everything is about them, did you even consult a dictionary first?

People generally don't come in and shit on other peoples threads just because it doesn't apply to them personally, that's not normal. You need to leave this thread alone.

19. Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Again, if you'd like to argue my claims then do so, personal attacks don't really accomplish anything. Yes, I have narcissistic traits, if you have a grander point to be made from that then make it. If your point is to make me feel bad, I'd like to let you know that I'm not really invested in what strangers think of me, all I really care about are ideas in this instance. If you want to attack me, then attack my ideas, I'll encourage it. If this is truly about discussion then let the ideas flow, I'm still willing to accept that I could be wrong, but when discussions are subjective in nature that can be more difficult due to the nature of beliefs. I am sorry for the abrasiveness I conveyed in most of these writings, it could have been written better, less smarmy and obnoxious. I'm prone to bouts of immaturity too. And if this isn't the place for a discussion, then I'll accept that, and any mods reading this have my permission to delete my posts, I won't make a fuss about it.

I don't plan on making any posts after this, unless it's about discussing the concept of efficiency in modern gaming.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Anyway,

Nice guide. One thing is unclear though- at what point (how much int) does this become more efficient than just grinding it out with weak damage?

While the right thing to do is certainly not villianize the guide to the general public, you should probably explain more about who it might be for so that this doesn't happen again. I did see your notes about certain classes in step 2, but sadly, it's not enoughakashskyakashsky