1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Vote NX

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by TochMyStaff, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TochMyStaff

TochMyStaff Red Snail

Nov 28, 2018
    Male
    10:16 PM
    TochMyStaff
    Cleric
    Can you PLEASE bring back gach tickets in cash shop. that was the only thing i would ever buy any now that you took it away i dont even have the urge to play the game anymore. gach was life and you took it away from me... please dont do this to me, bring gach back!

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:16 AM
    Moderator Post
    No. Actually play the game.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. JULLEISY

JULLEISY Mano

Sep 5, 2018
    Female
    12:16 AM
    I/L Mage
    Moon
    I agree with it to bring back gachapon cash, that was the only sustenance for my economy now I and all my clan is poor .....!

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    1:16 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I've been giving away 400k almost everyday to newbs and barely played and i was still making money.

I haven't seen extreme increase in scroll prices either.

I know I'm just one case so it doesn't represent all population but... economy is fine without gacha in cash shop and it's still easy to make money.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Gacha is important!11!!
    No but honestly, just farm some mobs and you'll fastly get some dropping.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    TochMyStaff

TochMyStaff Red Snail

Nov 28, 2018
    Male
    TochMyStaff
    Cleric
    oh well, kimmy has spoken. thus the end of gach for me.

7. Luiz GG

Luiz GG Orange Mushroom

Dec 16, 2018
    Male
    12:16 AM
    Night Lord
    Moon
    With this is directed to new people to create a magician as an initial character to clean maps and farming gachapons. Previously you started with any job and you stayed with the gacha. Apart they said a period of "test", where are the results that a referemdun in game is made to see what people think and not the forum where few... Here I only see kimmy's fanboys or old players with hight lvls bishops...the prices do not go down because there are still parchments in stock, but when they are scarce you will see ... supply and demand, make the rich richer and the poor have no access to fast money ... so they think to call new people to

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    No, it will not direct it to that at all. If you are slightly older to MapleLegends you may know that Bishop will never be a beast in farming just 1 specific item, and that have always being the case here. People active grinding are reporting that you get plenty of Gachapon, and that doesn't hold true for just 'Bishops', but other jobs as well.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/gachapon-drop-rate-thread.24054/

Eitherway, the little vote2win we had is a past on this server and is not coming back.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. xx123321

xx123321 Red Snail

Sep 16, 2017
    Male
    Ordis, Erebonia
    1:16 PM
    Bishop
    Got kicked.
    I personally would've loved it if they brought the gacha tickets back, since I have 150k vote NX, I might sound very biased here.

There were not a lot of use for NX in the server to begin with at least for me, this is obviously debateable, but I have never focused on the random hair/face nor have I ever found any interest in mindlessly washing a character I will never finish.

I must also mention I agree with Luiz GG, the scrolls pricing will not go up this quickly, simply because there are a lot left since the change just happened. In my opinion the price will definitely see a rise in the coming months.

I feel kinda disheartened to see this from the owner of the server. Now by no means do I mean to disrespect Kimmy, but I hope she can understand that some of us(myself included) simply don't have a lot of time to play due to work reasons, we get burnt out too. However I will admit I have never been the most patient at farming, thus I feel burnt out very quickly.

I understand the change is to try to not give too much reward to players who rarely or never play the game. However I feel that outright removing gachapon tickets is a little excessive. I feel that raising the price for them would've been a better solution.

At the same time I also understand a lot of fanboys and old players might be triggered by my point of view. All I'm hoping for is that we can respect one another's view on this matter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    1:16 PM
    Angbak
    Bishop
    Some insights into removing gach from vote nx.

Background, there have been bans for people who vote abused in the past. In my experience, most people vote abuse for the following reasons.

1. Need a little bit of nx for some minor stuff but voted on another account and decide to risk it cause it's just one time
    2. Washing on 2 characters and hoping not to get caught
    3. Buying gachas to sell

In my opinion, buying gachas to sell isn't the main reason why people vote abuse. However, it still limits multiple votes on multiple accounts since if this is legal, people can simply mass vote on several accounts and earn money purely through voting and not playing the game at all.

By removing vote gachas, this opens up "legal vote abuse" so that people are able to wash multiple characters at once, purchase nx for multiple characters and there will be no need for vote abuse tracking (which I have no idea how difficult it is but seeing as how some people I know got away with it, must means that it has its flaws).

Now what are the cons of removing vote gachas?
    1. New people can't save up gachas and spam gach at lvl 50 (or 30, can't rmb), resulting in less lucky chance of striking the lottery and fund themselves

2. Scroll prices may increase due to a decrease in supply

Solutions that have been implemented to cover these issues are

1. Rates of "common hunting gach" is high? (did not test myself)
    2. CWKPQ (high level peeps) gives valuable scrolls more often (30% knuckle, wands, claws)

xx123321xx123321
    To specifically target your points, the intention of removing gachapons is not to reduce the amount of rewards given to players but to outright remove it. This is to prevent vote abuse from being an issue. Simply raising the gachapon prices still results in an advantage to people who vote on multiple accounts, meaning that vote abuse will still be a problem and admin will have to monitor it.

"Playing the game" has been Kimmy's intention of the server all along and this has not changed from the start. This is also partly why apples were removed from marriage but kept in APQ as people used to be able to get 6 apples per week.

I understand that it will be difficult for you to earn mesos without investing too much time into the game, however, this is the direction of Kimmy's server. Legends is a grinding game and there are much simpler servers that are vote to win out there. I would hope that you do stay because I believe that people who actually make a post regarding their opinions here are people who like the server and is willing to invest however much time they have here

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    TochMyStaff

TochMyStaff Red Snail

Nov 28, 2018
    Male
    TochMyStaff
    Cleric
    I'm going to be totally honest right now, I just checked the gameplay and the drop rate is ridiculously rare. At this rate, the game has only become sufficient enough only for pros or the people who have no time on their hands and can literally just grind on mobs and do quests all day. I'm dumbfounded that this is what you want Kimmy, you lost a player in me, my apologies but you ruined the game for me and probably a lot of others too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    TochMyStaff

TochMyStaff Red Snail

Nov 28, 2018
    Male
    TochMyStaff
    Cleric
    on a totally different note, I remembered someone vote abusing awhile back, and someone told me that it was Kimmy, so if You "Kimmy" abuse your own system and make it harder on everyone else, what does that say about you.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    TochMyStaff

TochMyStaff Red Snail

Nov 28, 2018
    Male
    TochMyStaff
    Cleric
    easy to say when ur not the one who has to grind for scrap mesos, since you know you just inject whatever you want into your own private account.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    TochMyStaff

TochMyStaff Red Snail

Nov 28, 2018
    Male
    TochMyStaff
    Cleric
    JUST DELETED AND UNINSTALLED MAPLE LEGENDS, JUST LIKE KIMMY DELETED AND UNINSTALLED GACH FROM CASH SHOP. BRING BACK GACH TO CASH SHOP, SPREAD THE NEWS! I QUIT TILL ITS RETURNED! i used to repsect you kimmy, but turns out you dont care about what the people want, you just want to make things easier for yourself. goodbye Kimmy, thanks for the temporary nostalgia.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    'Can't please everyone'

Topic closed.

• Disagree Disagree x 2