1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Quest Ring? :0

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bambo, Feb 26, 2019.

Should there be a Quest Item ring too? Tell me the reason!

1. YAS!!!!!!

110 vote(s)
    86.6%
  2. NO:(

17 vote(s)
    13.4%
  1. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    8:48 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    Wow...your stellar logic befuddles all, doesn't it? Study the fallacy of over-generalization and see if what you described here does exactly that. If you need another example of what I'm arguing here, how about a Friendship Ring out of the Cash Shop. It has an effect that works only with another player that has the same set; just like the Wedding Ring. That's what I mean by "cosmetic." Are we clear on this point now? Can you see how this ring is only used for it's "cosmetic" effect, but is never used for its stats? Can you answer why we would have to remove a ring that is effectively "cosmetic" in nature in order to wear a ring with better stats when any other ring you buy out the CS can be worn over the four rings with stats players would like to regularly wear?

Ever stop to question whether or not the game should work this way? Does it make the game better or worse when we do this? This allows for power creep if we're not careful, for one. And, again, I'm all for having more than just the four basic rings - my point has ALWAYS been that the Wedding Ring is purposefully "cosmetic" in nature and shouldn't be relegated into obsolescence. If the Wedding Ring could be worn over other rings, then - as I said in a previous post - have a ring making orgy!!!! I wouldn't care!!! Please stop characterizing my arguments as anything other than this: The Wedding Ring is a cosmetic ring you effectively buy out of the CS (with a little forging in-game) and no one should be forced to remove that ring on the basis of having better stats when other rings out of the CS never have to be removed.

Pardon me. I thought the V-day ring expired this year a little ways after the event. I didn't read the year it expired. But this just makes things worse, imo, when Halloween comes around.

Anyway, I've said my piece. I don't know how to be clearer on this issue. I would only warn that further rings should have a higher level requirement than level 50 so that the Ellin Ring remains desirable.

2. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    5:48 PM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Oh boy let me dip my toes in this argument lava.

While I would still argue for a quest ring
    and Annolis while I share your distaste for equip obsoleteness, I still feel like it’s not much of an issue... I wear many favorite equips out of battle, like my chief Stan hat and the Fork on a Stick that is ever present in my inventory (it’s like a fetish idk)
    - let’s agree that we can just avoid having to make this decision by either extra-upgrading the monster book ring to create a mega-achievement-hunter ring, or an ultimate face mask (but please please something small and not ugly thanks).

I’d also like for everyone, making every argument, whether troll or not, to consider that you would only have the perfect ring/face acc. at a pretty high level, something like 100 or 120, and that by that time you’d have already finished most quests.

I also don’t know what the stats are on wedding ring... but has someone made a thread about it becoming ‘cash’ item?

3. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    Not the same thing as the Wedding Ring. Those you got as quest rewards and don't interact with another player's items in game when you are close enough to them. The Wedding Ring, like many CS rings, do have that cosmetic effect you share with another player.

4. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    I dont see the problem with wedding ring. You can just take it off.
    I dont think it will be cosmetic because you need it to get marriage. Its "real item".

5. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    My point was just that it’s worn for cosmetic effect and can be worn off battle. But again, we can just avoid this issue and make a face acc or upgrade the MB ring more.

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:48 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    And your stupid snark doesn't do anything convince anyone you're right. It's clearly evident you use it to make up for lack of any substantial argument.

I'm not using an over-generalization fallacy, this is a principle that can be applied to any equip that changes appearance or has some kind of special effect. Perhaps the best thing to do instead of being rude is just sod off and make your little suggestion thread to make wedding rings into purely cosmetic items.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Hood/Agape
    Oh, hi Pot. I'm Kettle.

LOL!!!! You should go into comedy, sir! This is Grade-A hilarioius! You genuinely don't get it, do you? Here, I'll try and break it down for you at the most basic and obvious level.

There are 23 (+/-) Friendship/Couple Rings found in the Cash shop ranging from 4,500 Vote Cash to 6,000 Vote Cash - all of which you can wear over any ring you have equipped to produce the desired cosmetic effect without having to take off any of the other rings.

The Wedding Ring costs 20,000-25,000 Vote Cash, 500K - 3M Mesos, 1 Diamond, a (Silver/Gold) Plate or a (Star/Moon) Rock, 50 Orange Mushroom Caps, 40 Firewood, 40 Horned Mushroom Caps, 20 Soft Feathers, 20 Jr. Sentinel Pieces, 20 Teddy Cottons, and the time it takes to travel everywhere to get some of these items - and you can't wear it for it's cosmetic effect without taking up a Ring Slot that would easily be replaced with a ring that had better stats.

Do. You. Get. It. Now?

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    OnionYawn

Nope.

Only thing I get is you reeeeaaaaally want that visual effect.

All the extra NX you spend and the time and items.. that isn't just for the ring, you know.

9. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Hood/Agape
    You say no in one breath and then say yes in the next. How many people do you have in there, anyway?

YOU DO GET IT, THOUGH!! As a public school teacher let me say I'm proud of your progress. Yes, the VISUAL EFFECT is what I'm talking about when I say it's got one foot in the "Cosmetic" category and the pittance of W.Def and M.Def places the other foot in the "Game Equips" category. This makes this ring a special case that needs to be put solely in one of the two categories; preferably the former than the latter. And yes, numb nut, we all get that APQ is a thing and you get back a lot for your investments - and once again this is a red herring. When you restrict players from being able to wear something they bought out of the CS, it doesn't make the game better. Some people really like those visuals and would like to continue to have them when grinding with their Maple Partner without being penalized when they never were before. The coders that worked on introducing the visual effects of the Wedding Ring would see their hard work relegated to times when "were in FM talking only and we remember we have them and decide to put them on" moments. This doesn't seem fair, it should be fixed for all player's benefit - no matter how slight, and if it were fixed I'd change my vote about having more rings in the game.

10. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    11:48 AM
    Crusader
    I don't understand why you're framing this as people will never be able to wear a wedding ring ever again. They will put it on when they see their partner (this is going to be FM 99% of the time, the other 1% the effect happens when you find them randomly) and take it off when they go to grind/boss. You don't have to get remarried to re-equip the wedding ring, it takes about a total of 5 seconds to change it out. If someone cares enough to see the effect they will wear it over an Ellin ring. This isn't a lv 50 helm vs zak helm comparison, the difference is minute.

And of all you've said thus far doesn't it make more sense for you to put in a suggestion for the wedding ring to become a cosmetic, rather than suggest the standard ring pool be hard capped at 4 so married effects are on by default?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    4:48 PM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    I really don't get why ppl goes to the wedding ring issue (As ZooploopZooploop said). That imo is just discussing a subject and covering the main issue poorly, because the ppl arguing about the wedding ring, both want the quest rewards implemented, so pls, don't go that way, because that's how threads get closed at some point.SlimeSweat2

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    4:48 PM
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Who gives a shit about the wedding rings? :facepalm: Id just npc that shit if i got a better ring.

13. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Hood/Agape
    I don't understand why you're framing your statement like I'm saying people won't be able to ever wear their wedding ring again. They could, but likely won't unless they spend time in FM with their Maple Partner - which will likely happen for some players, but not all players. Of course, then these players may be annoyed to find that they forgot to re-equip their better rings after they leave the FM and begin grinding again, and people conceivably would start complaining about that in the future.
    Who said this? No one is saying this.
    And why are players being forced to choose on this issue when they never had to before? Why are they being forced to choose stats over cosmetic with the Wedding Ring when we will never have to make this choice with Friendship/Couples Rings? Seriously, if you're not going to respond to the points I've made and instead fabricate arguments I'm not making to win a Straw-Man argument, then why are you even here?

Because they're both related! I've been saying THROUGHOUT THIS THREAD that if the Wedding Ring was made cosmetic then I'd be in full favor of having more rings and not having a hard cap at 4. Why would I, or anyone else, separate these issues?

Seriously...is anyone actually reading what I write? Or is there a translation error going on?

14. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    we get you but like i said, wedding ring is "real item". you use it for quests. it cant be cosmetic only. so we prob cant change your opinion.

and for the issue: kimbely said she dont like that some ppl get the ring right away.
    i think an extra quest at the end might be good. like i suggested the carfting quest. any more ideas or thoughts?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    AnnolisAnnolis If you really care so much, stop trying to shoot down a perfectly good idea and just make your own suggestion thread to make wedding rings cosmetic. If you don't care enough to do that, I kinda doubt the staff here will care enough to consider it.

16. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    11:48 AM
    Crusader
    This is why I framed it like that, you're under the impression that people are restricted from using it when it's their own choice to choose. If people are only going to use the ring while they'll want to see the effect, what are you hung up about? Someone who doesn't see their partner, won't see the wedding effect now either.
    Can you point out one thread that exists like this currently? I know some players, specifically warriors, will have DEX and accuracy gear to use. I've forgotten to equip my ATK glove after I finish grinding and go kill some BFs, do I make a thread to complain about it because I can't tell immediately without taking my CS glove off?

There is no force of choice here, people simply don't have the option because the ring pool is limited now. You feel the wedding ring takes too much effort to make simply to remove it for another? Alright, wear it. Don't want to? You don't care enough. Ponder this as well, what if a player wanted the stats of the wedding ring but without the cosmetic effect?

Once again if you feel this strongly about this you ought to make a suggestion to have it be completely cosmetic, rather than wait till another ring may appear and then having this discussion again. We're separating the topics because frankly, not everyone cares about wearing it 24/7 as strongly as you do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Hood/Agape
    I'm not shooting down a perfectly good idea. I'm suggesting that if the server goes through with this perfectly good idea that they consider changing the Wedding Ring to be something you can wear over existing rings for their cosmetic effect. Setting up an entirely different thread when it can be said here is redundant.

18. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Hood/Agape
    Perhaps you're misconstruing what I meant by "restricted." I didn't say they are prevented from using it, I'm saying they'll likely restrict themselves from using it in order to get the better stats. Does that help? If they want the effect, like any other CS Friendship/Couples ring they can wear without incurring a stats penalty, why should this ring be any different when that's all it's essentially good for? And yes, those that never see their partner won't get the effect, but the same is true with the CS Friendship/Couples rings, too - but you don't incur a stats penalty for choosing to wear them. And we're not worried about the ones who don't see their partners anyway - so why bring them up? We should be concerned about those that do see their partners, would like to see the effect, and not incur a stats penalty for it.

You clearly didn't ponder that question long enough before asking it.

Because it's redundant and not necessary at this juncture. The acceptance of this suggestion directly effects the future suggestion of making Wedding Rings cosmetic. So, why wait? Why separate them? If there are no future rings to be introduced, then the only time this becomes an issue are the times when the Zombie Ring and the V-Day Ring are both in your possession - which could be a time when more players may feel the need to voice their opinion about making the Wedding Ring cosmetic. But why not voice a concern about the ramifications of having more rings? Should we not be concerned about power creep with the introduction of more rings? Should we not think about how rings may effect the economy and the markets? Should we not think about how rings are to be earned and how that would effect game play? How foolish should we be that we don't look at the effects, no matter how small and inconsequential they may seem? If we leap without looking at any suggestion, it can cause the server to be permanently imbalanced. Now, I'm not trying to infer this particular suggestion could cause that, nor my concern about the cosmetic effect of the Wedding Rings would lead to any kind of disaster, but the likelihood that some players will want the Wedding Rings to be cosmetic after a change like this is easily foreseeable. Therefore, if it is the intent of the Admins to introduce more rings, why not immediately express the concern over the cosmetic effect of the Wedding Rings that some (definitely not all) players will want to keep without incurring stat penalties?

And just so y'all know - the moment my arguments stop being misconstrued, I'll shut up about it. =o)

19. bluelight

bluelight Dark Stone Golem

Nov 25, 2018
    Male
    10:48 PM
    Linkkin
    Page
    avengers
    Actually i still dont see any problem with quest ring. There is an easy way that is just upgrade more at the monster book ring, and change its name to monster book ring <tire> and quest ring <tire>. Many ppl dont like speed and jump, it can just add accuracy and avoid.

20. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    What if it was a series of upgrade quests for Ludibrium cape? That way it could be an alternative for Blackfist and PAC.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1