1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Let thy be without washing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Humpf, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Humpf

Humpf Orange Mushroom

Jan 25, 2019
    Male
    10:40 PM
    Corrosion
    So im a lvl 53 assassin, with NO WASHING AT ALL! Sin is nostalgic for me and I want to achieve higher then I did in original MS. Anyways iv seen complaints about people in PQ who wash as they don't dish the damage, yet here I am no washing dishing damage, AND YET PEOPLE COMPLAINED IN PQ THAT IM NOT WASHING!?! WHY?!?!? Legit cant win :(

Not sure why it would matter if im not washing, but just wanna say to all other fellow players out there not washing, keep it up! Don't let the haters bring you down! <3

P.S Just thought id attach a SS just reminding those that HP Washing is OPTIONAL!

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:40 PM
    Moderator Post
    MapleStory - It's your story.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    remake your character

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    4:40 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    make two sins, 1 that you wash and 1 that you dont wash. Double the nightlords = double the power.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Just play the game you want to play, just don't expect to be able to do everything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    7:40 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Are they really complaining, or are they advising you not to do that?
    Not washing only gives convenience to your pq pt members, I see no reason why they are complaining.

7. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    1:40 PM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    I hope for you, that you wont regret it later at high levels.

As for hp wash optional. It might change in the future. Admins/staff dont want to promise this status will stay for some reason. And most of the community like hp washing.

8. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    8:40 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    In fact you have not to worry about anything, staff is trying to improve the best to make hp washing optional, maybe more ideas come in the future. so its really ok if you dont wash. Still, CKWPQ also have many items that improves HP, and there is HP pet scrolls. so you still be able to play your way. its pretty common to see ppl act that way. but this is the way you had choose and you still have options to move, just keep moving. because this is your game and story. dont let anyone get in your way.

9. Mott

Mott Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    NightShadow, CannotAim, Mattato, Mottini
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    I'm making an INTlord and I do garbage damage. When I'm in PQ's and there's a not-washing sin, I'm so happy because I can get carried ^^

10. Soniii

Soniii Mixed Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Female
    Chicago, IL
    ImSinXD
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    you'll start complaining when you reach 13-16x

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Humpf

Humpf Orange Mushroom

Jan 25, 2019
    Male
    10:40 PM
    Corrosion
    They were legit complaining. I cant remember specifically what they said but I do remember it was along the lines of "You shouldn't even be playing if your not washing", and "your pretty stupid for not washing, may aswell quit". Not very encouraging

A lot can change before I reach that level, maybe washing might not be as BIG of a deal before then, who knows

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. iLovKimberly

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Seems like people who have a hard time to agree to disagree with others.

Well, there is no right or wrong way to play a sin.
    Just be clear what you are signing up for.
    Without washing, you have no problem to zakum at level 120.
    Will only be able to ht at high level (maybe lvl 170+ or 180+ I am not really sure with the exact figure, the experienced ht-er can give answer)
    And probably unable to participate in Neo Tokyo boss (I might be wrong).

The hp equipment alternatives isn't anything easier than washing either, it requires effort in grinding the monster book, obtaining pet HP scrolls.
    Well but, they don't require base int, that's the main difference.

Good luck and have a tsuki tsuki day :heartbeat:

13. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    ControlPanel / WireLess / FireWall / HotSpot
    Bandit
    Beaters
    I feel like washing is not a big deal till you get to higher lvls.
    So, you have fun training and dealing decent dmg, investing in your character....
    Then you get to NT / zakum / horntail / PB (at some point) or just wanna do bosses and end up not being able to survive 1 hit from a boss....so all the endgame experience you worked really hard to get to is irrelevant to you because of low hp.

It might be really frustrating, so maybe try just adding a bit int, or you might be really disappointed eventually.
    Also washing might be optional, but why wouldn't you want to have more HP to survive bosses better, and in a more efficient and safe way?

Eventually it is your choice, and your journey, nobody has the right to complain about your choices.

Good luck in whatever path you choose :D

14. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    why not guarantee all future bosses will be accessible without hp washing? im sure many players like him get unmotivated at low levels when ppl tell them how to play, or even worst at high level when they didnt know about hp washing and feel stuck. its just drive players away from the server.

15. iLovKimberly

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    I suddenly think of a suggestion idea. Sorry i am lazy to search the appropriate feedback thread on hp washing, so let me just post the idea here.
    If anyone willing to help me repost this in appopriate thread, I deeply appreciate it.

The monster deal damage.
    The system check, is the damage dealt equal or more than the player's max hp?
    If yes, damage dealt change to player's max hp minus 1, so the player reduce to 1hp if they are at their full hp, or get killed instantly if they are not.
    If no, deal the said damage.

This idea doesn't remove the benefit of people who have hp washed, and at the same time let unwash player not getting 1hit-KO-ed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  16. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    7:40 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    You can create your own thread under suggestions.

17. iLovKimberly

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    i like the general idea. but maybe apply it only to new high damage bosses. and add min hp required, so players will still have to get good hp gear. like if the damage is 12k you will need at least 10k hp..

i just want to point that even if this or other ideas pass to keep server hp wash optional, hp wash will still have major effect on some classes damage/pots/meso/gear. so i would still recommend to wash, although i dont think you will regret as much if you didnt wash compare to how it is now.

19. iLovKimberly

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    You can post on that feedback thread for any comments.

But akashskyakashsky has proposed a much better idea than mine. I am in support of his idea.

20. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    6:40 AM
    As if the only enjoyable part of the game is the "lategame" and bossing **** :D