1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update MapleLegends Spring Major Update

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Precel, Apr 27, 2019.

1. LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    11:49 AM
    There are only two types of classes, bossing classes and mages.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    10:49 AM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    I'm an old EMS player, expert in the use of bucs, the stance and damage increase seem fine, another suggestion I would give you is that the buccs can attack (Barrage, Dragon Strike, , Somersault Kick, Flash Fist, Doble Uppercut, Backspin Blow, Corkscrew Blow ) transformed and super transformed. Transformation is just a requirement for super transformation and those 20 points go to the water (a little defense would not be bad and it looks great attacking alternating transformed and supertransformed) for me that was the essence of the old school bucc 2009
    PD: Could you fix the effect of energy charge?
    AND PATCH NAUTILLUS CHAIR!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Hi, the transformation bit about skills was already suggested but hard to implement because it is hard coded into the client.

4. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    ok i can wait, great job :D

5. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    what about bug for I/l mages and blizzard costing more mp than it should?

6. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    8:49 AM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    upload_2019-4-28_1-33-2.png

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    4:49 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    My suggestion regarding this change, would be to update more stuff.

- Pickpocket for CB, increase from Success rate 60% to 80%, making it substantially better than an Hermit counterpart.
    - Poison Brace for FP, increase Success rate 60% to 80%, making the garbage missing + non poisoning happen less.
    - For the next major update I'd say look into fixing the Axes / Polearms / Maces shitty damage rate that Neckson though it was ok to implement. ( as Sword is 1/1 , Axe should be something like 0.6/1.3, move it to be like 0.8/1.15, making it more stable )
    - BoT for CB, increase Basic attack 250% to 300%, makes them more viable for training and might even decrease the people just going for Meso explosion training, give more choice to the class
    - Decrease AP Reset price for 3.100 to something lower, makes people less prone to just quit halfway and just farm NX
    - Increase some features from doing PQs, I'm really annoyed at how PQs are less popular with everyone going for gs2/gs5 and just grind it all out there ( even lvl 50s are doing gs2 now dafk )
    - As seen before, fix the shield mastery for thiefs, it's useless even if they are supposed to wear shields
    - Buff various maps, as in increase mob spawn rate, even number of mobs per platform ( makes more choices for maps to spawn ), there are multiple dozens of hundreds of maps that could help with a revamp, so people are more prone to discover what map to train in, and to walk around this huge world system, given that many don't even leave Vic and can get to lvl 120
    - If not buff maps, make some changes to the mobs EXP/HP ratio, making them more competitive within the higher standards. ( can easily see Mannequins, Slimy, Zlupins, Teddies, Golems are the perfect choice for people below lvl 100 )

8. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    5:49 PM
    Thief
    buff assassinate and snipe ( make it deal more than damage cap)
    nerf blizzard meteor and genesis

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Pole-arms are pretty swiggity-swooty as they are actually. On my Dark Knight I still use it fairly often at level 157, the Purple Surfboard is faster than Sky Skis and the swing has a very large range, making it perfect for farming any cards. It's pretty easy to KO anything around 7x and lower.

It's also great for training at 7f. On the bookshelf it hits all the wood fish and the goldie/silver boiz, with a spear the range is generally worse. If there's 4 targets the dps is about the same, but it can hit up to 6 mobs.

Normalizing maces and axes would be helpful though. It makes a huge difference if you're 2ko'ing a mob and with 2 stabs it could turn into a 3ko potentially. Against a mob with massive HP it doesn't matter that much but on a smaller scale it makes a big difference.

7f could use one of the silver spawns on the right to be shifted over to the left. When you're duoing there and taking sides the right side is clearly better, which is a little unfair. Also making the goldie boi spawn a little more to the left gives that person a better chance of taking it. That would make it amazing.

Mannequins and CDs could use a nerf if we're honest with ourselves. Their HP/exp ratio is absolutely insane compared to many of the vanilla game mobs. They're probably as bad as Twisted Jesters and the other mobs in the chimney, and I don't say that lightly. It's made a lot of the warrior game less unique.

If they are nerfed it would be nice to see other mobs get buffed though. All of the best training spots in Legends were never a part of gms, at least the gms I played. Shaolin, Taipei, GS, gallos - I don't really remember any of that. There were Himes/skelegons/newties, but they aren't that great anymore. The meta has shifted away from those places as the new, exciting content came out. That's good in its own way, it sucks to work hard on content only to have it dead on release because there are better places, but sometimes things are just made to be too good. It would be nice to be able to go back to the bottom of Ludi and the gorge in Aqua and not feel like you're wasting your time after collecting all the cards there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    2:49 AM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
  11. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    5:49 PM
    Thief
    Or just Nerf leech with blizzard and meteor. Otherwise I don't think it's that wrong

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I will make a Thread in regards to this, as I'm quite honestly pissed off at how the game developed with Singapore and Shaolin alone, making most of our gameplay based on maps in these world maps.

I'm really interested in seeing Ludi back to it's glory, where lvl 35 to 100 were all there.
    It will be hard here, but with some balancing it might be possible to repopulate various areas.

13. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    Pretty sure there's another thread for skill change suggestions...
    Here's where you complain about the changes that are already announced.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    First cast of blizz costs 3.9k, but when I have 5.6k mp left, I can’t cast it a second time

15. Roy Yoo

Roy Yoo Mano

Jan 28, 2019
    Male
    JEWISHMUSLIM
    Magician
    I am also getting the blizz bug.

16. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:49 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Was sure hoping for that buff to Mana Reflection..... or any of the other things I had suggested for mage in the past.

Honestly is disappointing if people thought everything was fine leaving them as leech mules but buffed everyone else.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    another suggestion for the buccs is modify Stun mastery, at present is
    Description: When attacking a monster that's stunned, the critical attack will be triggered at a set rate.
    the problem is that can only be used critical in normal mobs and not in boss.
    I suggest for later: mastery stunn of a % stun to all my hits and a % of critical without the monsters being stunned
    to compensate and be able to support more with SE in our dmg on runs

Attached Files:

18. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    That bug is actually saving you mp. The amount of MP blizz should be costing is 2 times the listed amount on your blizzard skill (due to elemental amplificiation).

19. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    One of my few wishes from the beginning has been standardized-ish buff times - specifically making HS and HB the same duration but other than that looks really cool :^)

edit: Any full SP reset happening? Like server wide SP reset? Has happened in GMS a few times iirc

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    9:49 AM
    Paladin
    great job guys

• Friendly Friendly x 1