1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Some Ideas:)

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Heartfallen, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heartfallen

Heartfallen Mano

May 11, 2019
    Male
    5:26 AM
    SadMage
    Magician
    Hello, new player here so I already feel a little weird making suggestions already but who better I suppose. Anyways as a new player, I felt like somethings were a little too slow and monotonous so here are a few ideas:)

Increase base speed(except events & jq): walking is incredibly slow and since most classes don't have x2 jump and you don't get teleport until second job, it gets kind of tiresome walking around large maps really slowly.

Increase exp rate?: Idk if this is taboo and yes I know, but! x2 doesn't really seem that fast or make much a difference and x3 for quests is great but if it was x3 base x3.5-4exp for quests than I feel like that would be much better and it wouldn't make grinding/quests such a drag.

NX Drop: I know there is an event going on where NX drops(rarely) but I think getting 15< NX per 3-5 mob kills(at all times) would be great too or something along those lines.

Decrease taxi: I found the taxi to be pretty expensive for a new player, considering you get like 10 mesos a kill, I was able to afford it like once or twice 15lvl< but 1000 mesos seems like a lot maybe just have them all 100-700mesos

Decrease potion price, increase drop rate: Potions were also fairly hard to come by and I found myself running out of MP alot and not having enough to buy and so I would just wait until it would recharge.

Eqp Drop rate increase: Besides the fact that it's good for selling which would help ^^ it's good to get eqp relevant to your class that you don't have to buy fairly often, or eqp in general. I only picked up like 5 eqp items in 4-5 hours of play and only one was worth a whole lot.

Increase meso price(drops): 10 mesos a slime/green mushroom kill seems like a bit, I only found a few gold coins but it was mostly bronze, it's a bit discouraging.

Increase storage space:

I think these are the only things that really stood out to me as a new player(I've played Maple before just new to server) I don't expect all of these to be chosen or whatever but as long as it's considered! Thank You:)

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. kanskje

kanskje Orange Mushroom

Mar 2, 2019
    8:26 AM
    Dark Knight
    Anti
    Sounds like you're looking for a high-rate server instead of a low-rate, nostalgic server o_o

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Heartfallen

Heartfallen Mano

May 11, 2019
    Male
    SadMage
    Magician

lmaooo naa i feel like these changes wouldn't change the game dynamic that much

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. cptjery

cptjery Blue Snail

Mar 4, 2019
    Male
    cptleyla
    Page, Chief Bandit
    Nani
    there are old school servers like that but this one just ain't it bud. the number 1 server currently offers what ur looking for if ur looking for old school feeling but dont have the time to invest. But a lot of people are looking for classic maple hence why there no exp cards.

5. OP
    OP
    Heartfallen

Heartfallen Mano

May 11, 2019
    Male
    SadMage
    Magician
    lmao i knew i would be attacked for this

6. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    6:26 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    You don't see how changing the exp rate from 2x to 3-4x for a 5 year old server could possibly have grand consequences?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. cptjery

cptjery Blue Snail

Mar 4, 2019
    Male
    cptleyla
    Page, Chief Bandit
    Nani
    i mean ur idea are valid hence why there are server like that [REDACTED BY STAFF] but here is were u can truly experience something unique. something nostalgic.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2019
  8. OP
    OP
    Heartfallen

Heartfallen Mano

May 11, 2019
    Male
    SadMage
    Magician
    naa its not like it's 8

9. OP
    OP
    Heartfallen

Heartfallen Mano

May 11, 2019
    Male
    SadMage
    Magician
    yeah i see that but sometimes itsjust

10. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I think a lot of these are not only unnecessary, but harmful to MapleLegends server.

MapleLegends is a server that aims to offer the old Maplestory experience. This experience is different to everyone, but general consensus is that it was difficult back then, yet rewarding somehow (doing quests, getting drops, leveling after long hours, etc.). So, we try to keep the originality and difficulty, but introduce subtle mechanisms that eases the gameplay slightly and balance - because Neckson sucked at this.

Most of your suggestions are Quality of Life related, which is why you may feel like it wouldn't change the game dynamic, but I personally feel like each one of them is detrimental to server's economy and balance.

Let me explain.

We don't want everyone going fast, because there are people who scrolled speed/jump to reach max speed, Assassin's haste becomes useless, monster riding would be less effective. Everyone will be able to dodge attacks easier - not necessarily a good thing, for character balance and meso sink.

As mentioned above, we don't want to make it too easy. We regularly hold events that increases exp gain anyway, plus quest exp is 3x and PQ exps are balanced. We are low rate server, any further would change the whole server's identity. Plus, people played for 4 years with 2x exp. Changing it now would be severely unfair to those who put so much effort for past 4 years.

Vote NX is already free. We regularly have events that gives you nx, including GM events that happen every 1~3 days randomly. We also have voting streak, which increases your vote NX up to 6500.

Some classes can kill a lot more than other classes. They can kill thousands per hour. If we use your metric and say they can kill 3000 per hour (50 kills per minute), and say it's 15 NX per 5 kills, that's 9000 NX per hour. That's going to break everyone's cash economy.

That's the way of beginner. Walk and save some money until you can afford it MapleF12 Explore some maps while you go around victoria island.

I don't think this is necessary. I agree it might be hard at the beginning, but there are quests that give you potions and you can save MP and HP in a lot of ways. Use chair if you absolutely need to. Don't throw away anything you can sell, so you can afford potions.

This will ruin server's economy. Look for ways to save meso. You have no income, and these weak mobs sure aren't going to 100 mesos per kill. Be cheap instead.

already possible with vote cash, you just need to vote a few days.

-

Overall, I think all these changes are geared to making the game easy - this is not what our server is about. We're tired of GMS giving everyone AoE skills and flash jumps and instant travels. We are pre-big-bang server because we didn't want OP classes. We don't want everyone leveling to 200 by a single slime kill. I'm exaggerating here, but the point is that we're low rate for a reason. We miss it that way.

I'm sorry but I don't think we'll consider these changes at all. If other staffs would like to chime in, please do.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    Heartfallen

Heartfallen Mano

May 11, 2019
    Male
    SadMage
    Magician

Since Idk how to separate it like you did I'll # it in order.

1. I'm not saying increase it to 150% But 110 base speed really wouldn't be that detrimental
    2. I get it scratch the exp
    3. The amount of NX dropped could vary, it could be 1 or it could be 3 I meant less than 15 not 15, the specifics is up to staff but the idea itself isn't that bad. Voting is good but it's 5k once a day, and most things in CS are 2k+
    4. 'And that's just the struggle' doesn't seem like a good deferment, lowering taxi prices shouldn't be that much of a problem.
    5. Pot drops are still low and strictly relying on that and quests doesn't seem very productive.
    6. I'm not saying 100 mesos but if you're starting out and you need mesos for all these things like potions, traveling, equipment and it takes weeks to even hit 1m but other players who play longer already have tons, its discouraging.

I can see why one wouldn't make the changes but it's not like it can't be done or it would totally revolutionize the game. It's not about making is easy but making it more comfortable.

12. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    1:26 AM
    Insert attack on titan meme

1. No, why? Because Precel's point makes perfect sense, also 10% extra increase would be so negligible it would also be pointless
    2. Omae wa mou
    3. Just, vote. most of the things in the cash shop are also cosmetic, excluding pets / pet equips which are QoL which aren't exactly necessary starting out
    4. Sounds like more of a you problem then a server problem :l
    5. Pots are also dirt cheap starting out
    6. Sell Fame for 100k, bam instant starting mesos. Also this thread https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/mis-charity-foundation.24006/ Lets you claim 400k as a newbie
    gorilla.png

13. OP
    OP
    Heartfallen

Heartfallen Mano

May 11, 2019
    Male
    SadMage
    Magician
    1. No, it really doesn't but 120 is perfect.
    3. I'm bringing up NX cause voting isn't enough.
    4. No it's not a 'me' problem it's taxi price it's really not that deep.
    5. No they're not MP is like 2 or 4k for 10 bottles HP(red) is cheap
    6. That's not common knowledge.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    1:26 AM
    1. No
    2. Deal with it
    4. Am triggered at this point
    5. Bouta slap yo...*angermangement*
    6. Look around?
    7. NOW IM ATTACKING YOU
    Now im attacking you.png

15. kanskje

kanskje Orange Mushroom

Mar 2, 2019
    Dark Knight
    Anti
    > 1. I'm not saying increase it to 150% But 110 base speed really wouldn't be that detrimental

> 1. No, it really doesn't but 120 is perfect.

First you said 110 would be fine, then you moved up to 120. Then you'll say "120 isn't enough" and ask for more.

The main point is that this is a low-rate, nostalgic server. That's just what it is, that's what it says it is. There shouldn't have been any surprises when you joined. The reason you're facing backlash is because people join for the old school experience, and you're asking for things to change because you don't really like the old school experience. You're asking for the server to change into something it isn't. This is why other servers exist.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    When I first played GMS, I made a few noob mistakes and didn't have enough money for mesos and taxis. When I played my second character, I knew what to do to make sure I stayed funded without having to sell fame, or anything else. There are ways of playing where you can keep yourself funded. Here's what I do:
    1. Pick up every meso and etc that falls from your kills.
    2. Avoid getting hit as often as possible to save on HP pots.
    3. Never Taxi
    4. Only buy a few NTSs at the start (like no more than 5 to 10) and do not buy Town Scrolls until you're above 25k (and only then, buy about 5 to 10 of them).
    5. Do quests to level faster at the lower levels, especially those that give MP pots as rewards.
    6. Don't die! If you do, make sure you have a Safety Charm. If you don't have one and cannot afford one until the next time you can vote, try not to do anything stupidly dangerous.

It worked for me. I've never needed help on old MapleStory GMS or any other private server that had low rates.

17. Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    11:26 PM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    There are other servers that have what you want, why would you come to this server and then ask to change the things that make this server unique in the first place? I get it you're only suggesting, but you seem to be also quite defensive about your suggestions MapleF6

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    2:26 PM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    You're on the wrong server. Literally everything you're describing is either a post-big bang change or something a high rate/freebie server offers. Both of which this server prides itself in NOT being.

Maybe you want to try it out but you're too used to playing current GMS that you don't understand or enjoy what makes this server special. You need a completely different mentality here. Having limited resources is supposed to move you to strategise more careful use of what you have. It's also meant to be more social, you might want to make friends in-game or bring a friend along to start out the game with you.

There's no reason to discuss this further. You got your answer from a staff member- the server is not going to change. If you don't get it an you're not enjoying it, then you should find a server you do enjoy :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    7:26 AM
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    - Just play a different server if you're gonna complain about EXP rate.
    - It's super easy to make mesos in this server if you play the game correctly. Having to pay 1k-1.2k to use the taxi on Victoria Island isn't even a big deal. Just collect your monster drops.
    - If you want to increase your speed at early levels, buy speed potions.
    - Your vote NX increases over time. Just vote everyday and your NX will slowly add up. I currently have almost 500k NX just from simply voting everyday. Plus there is an event right now that drops NX from monsters.
    - Potion price wouldn't be a problem if you collected your monster drops. Additionally, lots of early level quests give potions for completing them.
    Just from reading this, it seems like you just simply haven't played the game long enough to be asking for such drastic changes.

20. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    12:26 PM
    Just wait 'til this guy finds out about HP washing :singing:

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.