1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf Shaolin Please!

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by itzjaheezy, Jun 18, 2019.

1. itzjaheezy

itzjaheezy Chronos

Sep 6, 2017
    Male
    7:38 AM
    Gitsniks
    Paladin
    Hazel
    I would like to suggest that Shaolin deserves a nerf. It sucks how pre-shaolin the go to training maps were Skeles/Oblivion4/Petri/Crimsons but now that Shaolin is out it made all these maps obsolete.

I understand that its a choice on whether or not you choose to grind in any of those maps but when a map that requires literally zero effort and practically double the EPM than all the old maps that were on par with each other, something is wrong.

• Agree Agree x 26
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kaylex

Kaylex Brown Teddy

Jul 14, 2017
    Female
    10:38 PM
    Bluex
    Bishop
    #TeamSkeles

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Mages being able to literally just afk and macro 3 ultimates and only having to move once being the best way to get exp late game is honestly kinda silly. I personally feel like people that move around and actually play the game should be rewarded and maps like this and gs2 are something I dislike a lot. ToT has been a buffed a lot already, but I feel like a buff to it would be nice as it wouldn't affect leeching at all since noone leeches there because of how difficult it is (needing questlines to door and all that) or some way to make it so you can't just afk park ur mage in shaolin and get optimal exp. For example upload_2019-6-18_3-52-27.png
    making mobs spawn on this platform so the platform on the right is the only safe spot here could be one way to nerf this map, because this safe spot you can hit a good amount of the map, despite how low effort it. Shaolin being nerfed several times and still being the #1 place to go, while tot isn't a relevant spot at all and skeles and petris are primarily just leech maps shows how broken this map is.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I whole-heartedly agree with mr. Gitsniks and sir Aaronis on the exp aspect of shoalin. HOWEVER, one thing I would like to point out is that ALL mage classes LOSE mesos training at shoalin.

As someone with both a bishop and ice lightning mage with near 30k MP (with HB), I can tell you that I still lose mesos while grinding for optimal exp at shoalin (This means not looting all the mesos because that would hurt your exp).

On the other hand at maps like petris and skeles, mages who grind there end up positive in terms of meso flow.

The tradeoff to grinding at shoalin vs the other maps is that yes, although you get good exp, you LOSE mesos. In my opinion this is a trademark of good balance.

If you still believe that the exp shoalin gives is too good given that you lose mesos, why don't we look at nerfing the drop rate of equips at shoalin even further so that mages lose more mesos per hour in exchange for the godly exp?

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. Soniii

Soniii Mixed Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Female
    Chicago, IL
    ImSinXD
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Just put mobs on the bookshelves and take away from the floor so people can't braindead grind there

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    8:38 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I think the issue with shaolin is that it is "too easy" rather than "too good". Ever since its shaolins introduction, I have always held the opinion that skeles and ulu2 are superior training spots due to vastly superior drops. In fact if you consider the EPH's one can get with just one character at shaolin, its actually pretty reasonable considering the meso loss. The maps only start feeling degenerate when people start duoing with 1 mage camped on the bookshelves pressing 1 button for eternity. This can be pretty easily fixed by moving some mobs onto the safespots, the EPH wouldnt change significantly and would force people to actually control their characters.
    Still I feel like mages are still aptly rewarded for using non-shaolin training methods, people are probably just lazy, unaware of how good the other options are, or place very little value on mesos compared to exp.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. bluelight

bluelight Dark Stone Golem

Nov 25, 2018
    Male
    9:38 PM
    Linkkin
    Page
    avengers
    I think It is better to buff other map instead on nerf shaolin :D

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    11:38 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Shaolin 5-6 feels like a High level GS2 actually..

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    Goblin
    Mafia
    pls no pphends

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    itzjaheezy

itzjaheezy Chronos

Sep 6, 2017
    Male
    Gitsniks
    Paladin
    Hazel
    The thing is those maps were buffed and nerfed respectively and were still good to grind/leech at while being comparably even or relatively close in exp with one another. While Shaolin is MILES ahead of the other maps in terms of exp and effort.

11. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    I feel like the ability to afk spam mage ultimates on 1-2/3-4/5-6 is what causes shaolin to be broken. Shaolin for other classes is decent since they have to move around and kill things but mages having to do this strat for massive amount of exp is a big problem. The amount of effort mages do to shaolin is nothing but the payoff in terms of leveling is extreme. Theres something wrong about this.
    2 mages eph is like almost 100m 5-6 where as 2 attackers is far less than 80m at 7f but they have to move around to do so.

One change as said above is to spawn mobs on the libraries. This will take away the afk grinding. yes the afking is prob the broken part

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    3:38 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Yea the amount of lvl 200 mages+bishops increased so much since shaolin release. Simplely nerfing it now feels sorta unfair to newer players tho. Shaolin was my first and only drive to even start an arch mage. Bishops have skeles compared to petris and can do other stuff too.

13. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    10:38 AM
    Wouldn't that be the point to nerf it, so that it doesn't happen anymore?
    Other mages do have to move around the map, get hit etc and yes Bishops do have Skele.
    But bishops can also do shaolin and have the same afking effect on the map.

I would just put mobs on the afking spots, the ladder up top is fine, because if you are too low you still get hit, if you are too high you cant hit bot plat.

14. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I just wanna be realistic here and point out that putting mobs on the top platform isn't going to make this any less afk. With autopot you can still just spam your ultimate move and then reposition every few minutes - at least for ice mages since they will freeze the monsters and not get knocked around much at all.

15. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Well yeah, the "so many extra 200s" was meant in support of op. The rest is just to look at it from a different perspective. I agree that shaolin feels too easy tho. The first time it came out I honestly thought there would be so many botting bans (same as gs2), but I haven't seen a single one so far

16. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    you only saying that now, cuz you have 2 mages and you can just spam level your NL now. we both know this map is broken af. Being able to just stand in 1 spot and just spam ultimates and level with little effort is kindve unhealthy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Bad Bunny

Bad Bunny Mano

May 16, 2019
    Alright so just to be clear what we are suggesting here is a nerf on the 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 maps of shaolin temple in terms of how brain dead it is? I think this is a fair change to bring about since as some other stated your money goes down as you train here so it brings no benefit money wise compared to other classic maps yet obviously the super godly exp plus brain dead gameplay this map offers should definitely be changed. Probably just make atleast one mob spawn consistently in the safe spots so even if it's "good exp" atleast you need to pay attention ever so slightly. I'm not against nerf on the amount of mobs/exp but i guess that would be too controversial.

18. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    8:38 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    FoxF4

upload_2019-6-21_19-35-12.png

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I hardly ever even use my NL there tho (ht is so much better). I do use it a lot to sell leech, so yea ofc I'm using the map. I didn't mean that it'd be unfair to me since I've been using it a lot already, but there's people who have not been able to use it as much as you and I both have.

20. Poi

Poi Orange Mushroom

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles, CA
    11:38 PM
    Poix
    Marksman
    Poi
    Poi (Speaking as a gene mule)
    I want to do skeles, but I get flamed for it.
    Can't 1 Hit Ulu 2 or Skele yet.
    2 hitting Ulu 2 = bad exp at my level, but good mesos + power elixers.
    2 hitting Skeles = decent exp at my level, but good mesos + etc drops. (was technically my home for many months)

I've been soloing 5-6 and it isn't that bad. Yes technically I can partner with another mage and get more exp, but then it becomes a bigger residentsleeper than watching a Nasus afk farm top. It's just a better Ulu 2 with less money earned to me if soloed. (All depends on RNG really)

I feel like any nerf to this map is a touchy subject because people who have already taken advantage of it (or currently are [can include me if you want] ) will probably just go LOL ITS OK I ALREADY GOT ALL MY LEVELS NEEDED/I ALREADY HIT 200 BEFORE NERF LOL PEPEGA F2. (Not all , but some)
    Other people who train here post nerf (if there is) won't really get the same 'experience' that others did if it gets nerfed. (insert Kimmy's dealwithit)

Nerf the exp? Might not even be worth training for some people after it if you compare the exp earned from 1 (2 for me) shotting monsters with a mage ult compared to 3-4 hitting shaolin(more hits in my case) Then again, maybe its just me who pays attention to that :X.
    Nerf drop rates? KEK (Rip gobies)
    Adding monsters to the platform or something will probably only be a slight fix. (Just let it be easy to rebuff mules without going up those terrible steps f4)

Technically you can just still really just hold the skill and attack 90% of the monsters on your screen even while getting hit. Can't really die cause of magic guard + auto hp. At most you'll just lose money for using your skill on 1-2 monsters. It's brain dead gameplay, regardless of how you change it. Whether you're leeching yourself/training here holding a button, moving up/down/left/right at skeles and pressing a button (I love skeles hint hint) , moving left and right at ulu 2 pressing a button (This too) , petris, anything.

TL;DR -> Ily Gitsniks. Touchy subject cause it affects one side heavily and might even make this a dead map if nerfed badly.
    Leveling for mages except when your leeching does nothing for mages anyways.
    Bishops heal wont be larger and levels don't do much for arch mages at shaolin
    Might as well keep Shaolin in now that people have taken advantage of it. The damage has been done.
    Am just putting my 2 cents.

^
    KEK

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1