1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Maintenance July 24 & Update Notes

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:17 PM
    Moderator Post
    The maintenance will be on Wednesday 5 PM server time and will last about an hour.

Hello,

Isn't it great? It's been 9 days since our last restart. For MapleLegends, that's not really special. However, it has been special for this month, where we were non-stop having maintenances after a big overhaul of the code. I have asked multiple times and we pretty much got almost positive feedback only, and we are not even done yet with tweaking the code.

With the server stable now though, we thought let's implement the bits that make us an even more polished server. shotshot did a great job and David is on fire with things lately.

Do note all the demonstration videos are made by shotshot I had to mirror them due to them being directly uploaded from Discord.

Update notes~

The lamp from Shade:
    Click here
    It turns on now! HOLY SHI-

"Anti-botting" mobs are now GMS-like.

Added into MapleLegends are the proper debuffs that are meant to be applied when an anti-botting mob gets weakened.

Click here for a preview

Furthermore, the following ETC drops have been added to the anti-botting mobs

Shade - Someone's Hat
    Scholar Ghost - Traditional Scholar Hat
    Riche - Bible of the Corrupt
    Snow Witch - Ice Tear
    Security Camara - Blacklist
    Rurumo - Purple Liquid
    Deet & Roy - Useless Mechanical Heart
    Master Dummy - Proof of Training

All the unique dialogues and everything has been researched and implemented as well! We hope you'll like it. Not many servers make use of the anti-botting mobs, but we do for authenticity sake, as well as the monster cards.
    -----------
    Implementation of special 'NPC actions' upon completing the quest.

Did you know some NPC's are meant to transform when you complete a quest? No? That's expected. Not many servers have this coded, but we will now.

Click here for a preview
    Click here for a second preview

With this coded we hope we'll give people that quest a lot an even better and more authentic experience~
    ---------
    Implementation of special 'NPC actions' when giving items

Another thing that adds polish for questers.

Click here for a preview
    ---------------
    GPQ (Guild Party Quest) is now 100% GMS-like

For a long time, GPQ was changed in MapleLegends, especially the end. This was done because of Error 38 on group warps. With this fixed now, we changed everything back to normal.

On top of that, another feature has been coded that not many servers do correctly: Pulley!

Pulley is a feature that hangs above Ergoth, the boss. On top of the map, there's supposed to be 1 or 2 people whacking the pulley, making sure it never goes down. If the pulley goes down, Ergoth will start to heal.

This is now correctly coded in MapleLegends.

Demonstration: Click here

Pretty difficult to demonstrate due to being solo, but basically if you whack the pulley, the thing the ghost on the right is sitting on goes up and goes back down if nobody is whacking it. As you can see Ergoth is getting healed when it's too low.

This adds another teamwork requirement to complete the Guild Quest. *

*We are aware there are many requests to make GPQ more attractive. We are looking into it~
    ---------
    Skill fixes

Blind is now correctly coded and applied

Click here for a preview

Beholder, a skill requested to be fixed up since 2015 is now fixed and works like GMS animation-wise! Finally, beholder uses all his animations~

Click here for a preview

As we move on to the next topic, we suddenly hear a paladin screaming in terror. W-w-what about our elemental 3rd person attacks?

The good news is that we've been trying! The bad news, however, is that we made no breakthrough yet. We are trying our best!
    --------
    On top of that, we are also fixing client bugs. I am not going to show all of them just yet, but I can show one of them at least since it's again related to a skill!

Combo attack.

Combo Attack is known to have 5 orbs around you. Seems normal, right? Well, Neckson made a silly mistake, which they never fixed until very late into Big Bang.

The bug is that when 5 orbs are active, 2 of them are graphically duped! Don't believe me? Check now. Can't unsee it? Well, we have good news, since we have it fixed in the next client patch.

Click here for a preview

Great thanks to Wolf ScrollWolf Scroll on the help with this one!
    --------
    This, outside the client bug fix, was all done between this maintenance and the last one. Please show some appreciation to shotshot since he's doing a fantastic job, and not even everything is listed since some more internal changes were done as well!

We are still working on the Summer Event as well, and we also still have some surprises we are working on. But for information about the Summer Event, you have to wait a little bit longer.

The maintenance will be on Wednesday 5 PM server time and will last about an hour.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    • Great Work Great Work x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    9:17 AM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    Check bucanners pls Change skill stun mastery (crítical only in monster in stun, rip criticall boss) for % crítical in all att, is repair the low dps in the class

• Like Like x 1
  3. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Were fine for now we got so buffed up lately stun mastery + se is broken as hell doing that to a boss would make bucc way too good

4. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Finally my baby beholder will show emotion, aura ofmthe beholder is working too rigth? :confused: also perhaps is me but marksman skill want named blind? :confused:

5. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    More patch notes for this maintenance!

Couples now show properly on the World Map and Mini-Map if they are on the same channel~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nubjuleznubjulez

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  6. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    7:17 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    MASSIVE CONGA RATS AND KUDOS!!! This is the reason I love this server. It's the little things, but they mean SO much.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    9:17 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    Shout out to SHOT, his work is amazingling <3

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    9:17 AM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    Sí, pero compruebe dps en ht es bajo

Sugerí que se dé un% de crítica que no debería ser demasiado alto si es demasiado, solo que este% se reduce, por ejemplo, el 5% extrae críticamente el 3% del daño

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  9. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    All done.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Just as an aside (I'm not sure if you'd want to do this or not, but...) When Neckson released the quest of the missing glasses, it had a scaling experience reward. If you only gave Abel his own glasses, it would be the minimum amount of experience. If you had one of the other two pairs of glasses with Abel's Glasses, you'd get a medium amount of experience. If you had both sets of the other two glasses in addition to Abel's Glasses, you'd get the maximum amount of experience. I haven't done this quest in a long time on this server, but when I did I remember it only giving one set of experience no matter if you had the other glasses or not. Also, Abel would not take any of the other sets of glasses when you turned in Abel's Glasses.

I'm in favor of this! =o)

Another aside (again, not sure if you would want to do this or not, but...) According to the quest logs, we had to click on the pentagram in the correct order [Top, left, right, center]. On MS, if you clicked on one in the wrong order, you'd lose the piece that corresponds to that part of the pentagram and it would not light up and it would effectively fail the quest. You'd have to go get new pieces. This isn't too bad for two of the pieces, given they drop from mobs in Magatia, but the first one that Alcaster gives you is the pain because you'd have to travel all the way back to El Nath and back (AGAIN!) to recover that piece.

I'm not in favor of this, but...

11. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Do you have it somewhere documented for both statements? Since those quests are scripted I can't find that info in the game files.

12. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    4:17 PM
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Add basil market balloon pls

13. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
  15. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
  16. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    I think that's because the original way it was done, you had to have Abel's Glasses, and you got a bonus exp if you had one and an even greater exp bonus for obtaining both the other two types. I can't find any evidence of it because the WayBack Machine goes to Pre-BB before Pirates and The Nautilus were a thing. =o(

17. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

2:17 PM
    Cool :D gratz on figuring that annoying heart out
    Now it looks kawaii

18. Buttery Bear

Buttery Bear Orange Mushroom

May 11, 2017
    Male
    USA
    8:17 AM
    ButterBear