1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What it means for HP Washing to be optional On MapleLegends

Discussion in 'Guides' started by akashsky, Sep 21, 2019.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    9:13 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta

Introduction

If you read the description for maplelegends on GTOP, it says that hp washing is optional on this server. In my opinion, this is slightly misleading, but largely true. However, the true fact of the matter depends on what you define as optional.

What I think as "optional" might be different from what others decide as optional. Some may want to boss comfortably, while others might just want to survive. For the purpose of this guide, optional is defined as the ability to survive a boss’s highest damage unavoidable, ranged magic attack.

The items that make HP Washing Optional

The reason hp washing is optional on MapleLegends is that there are other ways to increase your HP - namely some strong equips that add HP. I will list them below along with the estimated time / resources to obtain said item.

1. Black Fist Cloak / 300 HP / Time varies extremely

Black fist cloak is an untradable cape you can get from the bonus part of cwkpq. Its attack ranges from 3 to 5 and comes with ~300 base HP and 5 slots. This is the strongest cape as of right now in maplelegends. It is a rare drop from cwkpq bonus stage, so it could take you 50+ runs to get one or you might get it on your first few runs.

2. Mark Of Naricain / 300 HP / ~2 drop per cwkpq

Mark of naricain or MoN is a pendant that comes with 4-6 all stats, 2-5 weapon attack and 1 slot. It is potentially the strongest pedant in the game for most classes. In my personal experience, it took me about 15 reloots to get a +5 attack one (though I think I was unlucky).

3. Monster Book Ring Tier 10 / 1000 HP / ~150 hours of card farming

This is the best ring in the game. +10 all stats and a juicy 1000 HP. You certainly want to invest in getting this ring. Although 150 hours might seem like a lot, consider this ring a long term goal. Just work at it slowly and over a few months you will eventually get it. In addition, hunting cards is a nice break and a good chance to explore maplelegends.

4. Elin Forest Ring 100 HP / ~1-3 hours (1 if you buy the etc)

This is an easy to get ring that just requires you to complete the elin forest questline. It should not take more than a few hours and you will be rewarded with a ring that gives +1 all stats and 100 hp.

5. Scrolled Pet Equip / ~300HP / RNG dependant

In maplelegends there are custom scrolls that add HP to your pet equips. 10% and 30% give +50 HP, 60 and 70% give + 10 HP and 100% gives +5 HP. I reccomend trying to just land 2 10/30% scrolls. This is really dependant on RNG, but certainly achievable if you try at it hard enough.

You can wear up to 3 pet equips, so realistically this is an achievable 300 HP.

Do note, that the above are currently best in slot equips (that means that these are end game items).

The total HP you can realistically gain from the above is ~2000, depending on how well you scroll your pet equips.

HP for each class WITHOUT washing

Here is a table showing how much HP on average each class will have at a certain level. The source for this information was taken from chew's hp washing calculator.

upload_2019-9-21_2-7-51.png

After you have gotten the best in slot HP gear stated above, this is what your HP will look like for each class at a given level:

[​IMG]

From the above, we can clearly see that mages, warriors and brawlers do not require any washing to survive any boss. Thief(nightlords)/Archer/Gunslingers are really the only 4 classes that need to worry about hp washing for survival in boss runs. So, the rest of this guide is going to focus on those classes and what they can do with ZERO washing.

Bossing Capabilities For Unwashed Classes

An unwashed, end game, level 200 ranged DPS class on maplelegends will have around 6.8 to 7.3K HP.

Assuming that you have hyperbody and are at a level well suited to fight the boss you want to fight, there are actually very few bosses that you cannot survive.

Note that level 155* is not well suited for bosses like horntail. Saying you want to horntail at 155 is like saying you want to grind skeles at level 108. Chances are you are too weak to do significant damage unless you are extremely funded. For bosses like horntail, you typically need to be high 16x or even 18x depending on your funding to do decent damage and contribute to the boss run.

The only bosses that you cannot survive are:

Vergamot (Requires ~8.375k + HB if you do not want to dodge attacks, and this boss can be fought while dodging all attacks)

Castellan Toad (Requires ~9.18k + HB)

Pink Bean (11.7k + HB, you can run it with 8.2k + HB, but it would require you to react to a long range magic attack and dodge, which is very difficult in 30 man raids)

For HP washing to be 100% optional, we are missing about 5k hp, since a lv 200 range dps has ~7k hp and pink bean requires 11.7k for comfortable bossing.

If we include some other line items for HP (namely expiring event items), we are missing something around 3-4k hp.

Conclusion
    Out of every single boss in maplelegends, you can do all but 3 of them without washing.

So technically speaking, no, hp washing is NOT optional in maplelegends. But practically speaking it pretty much is for the vast majority of bosses.

You can do every single boss in this server except toad/vergamot/pink bean without ever having washed a single time.

• Great Work x 18
    • Friendly x 5
    • Like x 4
    • Agree x 4
    • Informative x 4
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    12:13 PM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    This is fantastic, and I hope for it to prevent a lot of over-washing.
    Only one recommendation- disclaimer that those two particular bosses are really meant for high HP job classes, and to mention how popular they are to fight

3. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    6:13 PM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    The question is, will they add new equip with hp for 8.2k. I hope we wont be disappointed.

Also i would make horntail for 155 with more end game bosses being released.

Anyway great explanation for new players.

4. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    If you go horntail 155 you are pretty much being boss leeched if you do not have very good funding. Anyways, you could still horntail at 155 (with 0 washes) if you farmed all the best in slot HP gear, though you might need something like 150 hp per pet equip instead of 100.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    I mean maybe nerf him a little so we get good amount of levels for each boss. Like with pqs.
    But now that i think about it because ht drop end game weapons the state is fine as it is.

6. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Hp wash guide pls

91421329-1AE9-413B-9DE0-818C4F34F1EB.jpeg

7. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    190int

8. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I appreciate that it's possible, but at the same time I feel like some of the GTOP tags are a bit misleading for new players and they deserve some asterisks in the name of fairness. HP washing is optional but it should be said that the way it feels to be a high level with just barely enough HP to survive everything can be rather demotivating, especially when you're partying with folks who can tank hits without HB, and with it can tank multiple of the hardest hits in the game.

I've made some characters that didn't wash much, and eventually I came to resent them. I had enough HP to survive many of the top hits after HB, but at the same time I personally knew that the characters weren't fighting at 100% and in the back of my mind I knew they never really would be. In that way they stopped bringing me happiness to play and develop them. Now they exist as some underutilized SE and SI mules. They're decent characters, but they did not meet my own rather high expectations for them. I'm sure a lot of people would be happy to play them, for the issues I had with them are from my own high standards, but I don't think my experience with them should be completely dismissed as there's likely a population of players who would feel the same way as I do. I can't say if the population of such people is significant but it's worth considering.

I do think saying there is no vote2win is a bit dubious. From my perspective vote2win is any advantage given to a player who votes that a player who does not vote has no access to. During events there are generally NX drops and AP Resets available from trading in etc's but outside of events people don't have access to such things. If you can't vote it makes certain items like pet loot/HP seasonal unless you prepare ahead of time, and you wouldn't be able to get AP resets for about half the year.

Everything is possible, but at the same time it's not the most effective strategy if your standards are high to the point that you want to boss and enter the end game. You don't have to vote2win, but it would be significantly faster if you did. HP Washing is optional, but if you want to feel more safe in end game content you probably should consider it an option. I do think it's technically right to say that HP washing is optional and that there is no vote2win but I think that those concepts walk the line between what is realistically true and what is technically true.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Wholeheartedly agree with what you say about vote2win. It offers significant in game advantage.

What you say about washing is really only valid for classes with low avoid - due to the fact that it makes bosses a lot less stressful to play and significantly makes it cheaper to boss in reduced potion costs.

When it comes to nightlords, an unwashed nightlord does the same dps as a 30k hp nightlord, assuming same equips and base stats. When I horntail'd on my 18x nightlord in a different v62 server, I would often hit the 100 attack limit before even getting hit.

If you define playing a character at "100%" as outputting max DPS, then I would say washing is still "optional" for playing Nightlords at 100%, assuming you get hyperbody. If you want to boss without hyperbody, then yes, washing is required.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    12:13 AM
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    Washed NLs do less DPS because they can drain , whereas a low hp NL has better dps since they probably are forced to pot to full after being hit OnionMuha.

Isn't Neo Tokyo and Toad considered optional content anyways, hence hp washing optional.

To be fair, NT is so unrewarding that like almost everyone who completed the questline don't even want to go kill those bosses. (well if they made it decently rewarding then it wouldn't be optional would it)

Well, I agree with the no Vote2Win tag. Remember marriages for onyx apples, buying gach or selling smegas/owls?
    Right now MapleLegends is definitely not Vote2Win.

For anyone who is planning to make a ranged dps or is in early stages of washing:
    My advice is set a hp goal and try to understand the benefits of being a certain HP and decide if you are willing to grind for those benefits (if not then set a lower goal). DO some math and try to figure out how to efficiently reach your goal. Aiming for t10 ring, a scrolled bfc, 3 pets with hp scrolled equips and mon is NOT the fastest/easiest way to get HP, neither is having 160++ base INT. Remember that you still have to play your character from lvl 135 - 155, you still need it to be enjoyable and playable so that you can actually reach the late game where you can fight these hard hitting bosses.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    I have no idea what you guys are fusing about, just like how hp washing is optional; bossing is also completely optional.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    4:13 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    I mean sure, playing the game is also optional... It seems everyone's using "optional" in a way that fits their argument.

In the end everything is optional, at this stage it's just a gimmick because you can justify practically everything in-game that way.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Are the warrior HP benchmarks mentioned in this specifically for heroes?

Pretty sure heroes have higher base HP than pages and spearmen, but only by a few hundred. Overall, not a big deal I guess considering warriors are -4 MP/wash and a few hundred HP is < 10 washes so the calcs should be close.

15. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Updated for pink bean!

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. tulcaryar

tulcaryar Red Snail

Jan 21, 2020
    Male
    11:13 AM
    SyIvan
    Ranger
    I'm just a noob, but I've been thinking about this since Pink Bean got released.

You said it's reasonable to land +100 on each pet equip, but surely a lvl 200 character would have the time/mesos to roll near perfect stats on all their pet equips? While still requiring washing, I think the gap for Pink Bean is closer to 600-900 hp if you go with the 8.2k benchmark (and stock up on wheels of destiny).

Anyway, grats to everyone on the PB kill, hope I can get there someday too :)

17. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Perfect gears are very costly to create and even a level 200 player will not want to make three of them, much less on HP instead of any sort of offensive power.

18. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    12:13 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Yes, in fact raising base int itself perhaps might be easier over crafting godly hp gear/int gear.

19. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    just make a perfect character 30k/30k

20. tulcaryar

tulcaryar Red Snail

Jan 21, 2020
    Male
    SyIvan
    Ranger
    Thanks for your response :) I don't doubt it would be difficult and costly, and I'm sure many people (myself included) would opt to wash anyway for convenience and comfort. I'm just saying it's doable for someone really wanting to wash as minimally as possible.