1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Higher resolution is coming to MapleLegends

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Aug 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    5:52 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Anego map makes it look like black border is the ceiling, so I like that. But ludi one looks better filled.

In general I think filled bg is better than black border.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    2:52 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I agree with Precel. There are some maps where it looks better filled, and others where it looks better black. I would say fill the ones that look better filled and don't fill the ones that look better black. I shouldn't be an all-or-nothing situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    9:52 AM
    I think they definitely look better filled, personally. I do agree that it should kind of be decided on a map-by-map basis, though.

4. Drei

Drei Blue Snail

Oct 6, 2019
    Male
    4:52 AM
    Drei
    Assassin
  5. ed58

ed58 Brown Teddy

May 10, 2016
    Male
    3:52 AM
    ed58
    Dark Knight
    plz do filled MapleF14

6. Duckys

Duckys Nightshadow Retired Staff

Feb 27, 2019
    2:52 AM
    Duckys
    Bishop
    Filled for sure, though I assume that it's extra work to fill in individual maps. Unless it's some form of texture that can be applied I guess.

7. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    9:52 AM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
  8. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:52 AM
    Moderator Post
    This post is rather interesting because it's heavily based on opinion. I personally prefer them all filled, so we kind of run into a problem there. =P

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Hito

Hito Stone Golem

May 4, 2017
    Straya
    5:52 PM
    Ainu
    Hermit
    Galaxy
    What do you think about stretching the middle section so that the right hand side is filled still? There is a dead-spot in the UI for duplication for that to happen. I could whip up an image to explain what I mean if I am being unclear.

10. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The bar under will not be filled. With the key config and the EXP/item gaining in the corner its more than enough.

11. twiz

twiz Mano

Nov 28, 2018
    5:52 AM
    Elusion
    Chief Bandit
    --
    I would personally rather have the Widescreen Client sooner with black borders, rather than later with filled in.
    But if there's no significant time difference in time, i.e. its a simple matter like changing a value, then fill them in before release.

What about centering the bar in the middle?
    Or is it a fixed X pixels from the left sort of thing and would look bat with different resolutions?

12. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Black borders...?

EDIT: I get that you guys are excited for the client, but going ask us to release it when I already told multiple times that filling maps has nothing to do with it being not released yet won't help.

I am going close this thread for now, and open it if I look for feedback again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.