1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hp washing, gear lending system

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MapleRoly, Nov 17, 2019.

1. MapleRoly

MapleRoly Slime

Nov 4, 2019
    5:07 PM
    MapleaRoly
    Warrior
    Hi, i have an idea about creating a lending system for Hp washing Gear witch will benefits all players =]

for people who don't know whats HP Washing is i recommend this guide:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/hp-washing-guide.3409/
    (regards to Pepsi)

Ok, so basically the idea is that's player with good Hp wash gear, can lend their gear for players who need it, for a certain amount of time, (agreed upon by both sides),
    [will be better if you set the time using server time showed on main site], for a certain amount of cash (also agreed upon by both sides).

for example:

2019-11-17 (1).png
    so after the two sides agree upon the the first terms, the lender takes a detailed screen shots of the gear indicating their stats. to make show he have proof of ownership.
    2019-11-17.png the two sides trade the items for the set amount of time and money they agreed upon
    (recommended to be detailed in screen shots as well)
    2019-11-17 (2).png (P.S thanks Boxy for helping me with the Screen Shots :heartbeat:)

when the times up, you give the gear back to the lender. this way people who have
    high int gear they don't use (maybe on another character ) can make some extra money (with out wasting time) while helping new players who want to wash hp and cant afford the gear themselves.
    (the options of landing gear can effect other parts of the game not just washing =])

i think its a win win that will benefits both players and encourage more new people to join the server =]

now this is just a whimsy idea i had and right now the BIGGEST problem with this idea is safety issues, i think there few different way we can tackle them:

1) making sure that GM's can help with retrieving the gear and punishing those who abuse the faith that has been entrust in them and the system.

2) actually making a new and unique in game system of gear lending (i'm not a coder so i know its kinda shitty for me to ask something so big).

now as i said earlier, this is just a whimsy idea i had and the only reason i suggest it is because were a small community of players.

i hope more people can build on this idea and recommend more ways to improve this system witch i think can benefit all of us =]

תמונה1.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    MapleRoly

MapleRoly Slime

Nov 4, 2019
    MapleaRoly
    Warrior
    well for a follow up: as a system if lending could be a window like the trade with an extra slots to input the time and date of the end of the deal.
    when the items transfer it will have a small date and time with it like nx gear, and a special npc like the delivery man witch will save the items you lended for awhile.

3. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    2:07 AM
    1) GMs probably have better things to do lol not really *COUGH* GM BUFFSWHEN!?

2) Doubt

Also decent int gear is absurdly expensive i doubt new players would even have the money to afford to "rent" these items

Geh3.png
    Your idea sux

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    scam,do not lend a shit online unless you know the person irl

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hito

Hito Stone Golem

May 4, 2017
    Straya
    10:07 PM
    Ainu
    Hermit
    Galaxy
    While MapleLegends relies on screenshots as evidence, for some reason, they are extremely easy to fake. All it takes is 5 minutes in any editing software.. say Photoshop.. by someone with even a little bit of experience to create a pixel perfect fake. So now I can fake a screenshot and submit it and get free gear?

Or the GMs also check trade history paired with a screenshot? This gets out of hand fast.

It was ruled years ago that you lend out gear at your own peril, if they scam you they get banned but you do not get your gear back.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    3:07 PM
    While I like the idea of this, Hito has pretty much hit the nail on the head with regards to its impracticality. Whilst we do have ways to verify the contents of a screenshot (ie. server logs), this isn't a quick or trivial process.

As for implementing an in-game system for it, this would take a LOT of development work. Right now, at the very least, this isn't going to be enough of a priority to warrant the amount of work it would take.

7. OP
    OP
    MapleRoly

MapleRoly Slime

Nov 4, 2019
    MapleaRoly
    Warrior
    first of all thank you all for replying to my post =]
    this idea is all about trying to come with a safe way to help new players advance without the hardship of buy/finding and scrolling the gear witch takes allot hard work.
    i'm not trying to tell players to just trade the're gear away 0.o , again this is just a whimsy idea i had and i wanted to know more about ways to make lending possible in game in.

i hope everyone will have a great day =]

8. LIM EWE SENG

LIM EWE SENG Blue Snail

Oct 31, 2019
    Male
    I would need some int gears if you don't mind lending :) MapleRolyMapleRoly

9. PotatoCider

PotatoCider Slime

Sep 9, 2019
    Female
    Canada
    7:07 AM
    Bowman
    I mean...how do you expect gear lending to be carried out without trading? The item's got to get to the borrower somehow. Even if the lender does not intend to give the gear away, it's not really up to them whether they get it back or not, is it?

The reality is it's impossible to do this in a way that is guaranteed to be "safe" with the server's resources. By all means, lend your gear if you wish, but do so at your own risk and know that you must rely on an honour system

I'd argue it's kind of against the spirit of an old school server like this to find a way to guarantee the safety of gear trading anyway. Aside from the obvious "this isn't how GMS worked", this server has taken measures to make sure that, though HP washing is technically optional, those who wash will still benefit. Hypothetically, if such a system was in place to guarantee the safety of int gear trading, it wouldn't be fair to those who had to work so hard for their int gear imo

Such a change would also dramatically affect the economy of the server. Why not just share a few sets of int gear across the entire server? Why even bother making int gear anymore unless it's for a mage? Why bother scrolling that 75wa claw when you can just borrow or even rent someone's? This list could go on forever

I commend your looking out for the new players on the server. Again, you are free to lend out gear if you want to. Just know that if someone decides to keep it, you will have no recourse

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    10:07 AM
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    In addition to the concerns about practicality and photo-editing brought up by staff members (which are more prominent anyway), I wonder how many people would even be comfortable lending out their INT gears for money to random people to start. I know from experience that many people are often reluctant to lend out INT gears even to those they've known for a long time haha. As you said in your original post, if GMs could help with retrieving lost gear due to scamming that would negate this issue, but as it currently stands I'm pretty sure you could get someone banned for scamming you of your gears and you still wouldn't get them back. For lenders it's a lot of risks in exchange for a relatively small reward. And a lot of time consumed by the staff for sure

That being said I wish this were practical, would be huge for newer players

11. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Your idea is very cute and I commend your bravery in putting it out there, many other players have thought of it as well...
    But the best solution is just to get to know good people, and to share goodness all around <3

Personally I have 98% worked for my level up int, 2% gotten help from guildmates/ friends, in the form of int equips and Maple Warrior!
    And I'm not very active, so it's already quite remarkable.

• Like Like x 1
  12. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    troublesome for gm
    not fair to old players like me
    pepefrog disagrees

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    9:07 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    This system will lead us to the bald ending

14. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    4:07 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    So many scam possibilities. Find people who don't speak perfect english, but knows maplestory. Sell them an equip below market price. Let them think they got a good deal. One week later they'll report their equips gone missing and you got some sweet free mesos.

15. OP
    OP
    MapleRoly

MapleRoly Slime

Nov 4, 2019
    MapleaRoly
    Warrior
    again thank you all for replying to my post, this was a far-fetched idea of mine. =]
    i understand the difficulties and mostly agree with Katia

16. Reznika

Reznika Red Snail

Jan 14, 2020
    Male
    7:07 AM
    Dankovsky
    I/L Arch Mage, Paladin, I/L Wizard
    I think this is honestly a best case scenario for INT washing in this game, the standard that has been set by the community overwhelmingly pressures new players and veterans alike to HP wash to stay even remotely on top of their game when it comes to endgame content. I personally can attest to feeling abject defeat once I reached level 50 on a character only to realize that my achievement had essentially been a failure in the eyes of the community due to me not putting my points up to then into my base INT stat, leaving myself extraordinarily crippled down the road.

Having a system where users can donate their gear for a community effort that can access them at any time sounds great, and I would personally love to see something like this implemented. I understand the largest hurdle would be trust, but thinking logically for a moment.

Lets say someone steals a bathrobe that has been scrolled to its highest tier for HP washing potential, what have they gained that they wouldn't have if they had just given it back in the end? almost *all* of the highest priced items on the market are for HP washing in the first place (See all those 300m bathrobes scrolled for INT) so most of what they would be getting out of it would be the same thing they would have had in the first place. The only benefit to cheating the system is ruining everyone elses fun, and at that point I don't see many people buying the item off you in the first place if they hear what you did.

That's just my two sense, however, i'd love to hear what everyone else thinks.

17. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    For starters, they could keep the INT equipment for themselves, using it on their mage or for future characters they wish to wash. If they plan to sell it, and know that they are actively being boycotted or witch-hunted (which is against ToS btw), what is to keep them from just making another new character, transferring the item to the new character, and then proceed to sell it? It's not like they can distinguish they difference between it from other items of the same stats (unless it's item-tagged).

18. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    gear lending is already allowed and scamming is bannable so what is the point of this suggestion sir

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    9:07 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    Mage or not give every class extra 500 base int at lvl 1, mages could bossing and eveyone is happy la (dont mind me Im cray cray)

20. RainbowYarn

RainbowYarn Pink Teddy

Jan 14, 2020
    Male
    United Kingdom
    3:07 PM
    Perhaps do what Royals did (or some other private server who did it).

Make an item that drops from bosses like zak and horntail etc. The item perma increases your hp.

Problem solved.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1