1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make it fair for those unable to multi account vote (12/2/2019)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cakesogood, Nov 26, 2019.

Is Voting for AP Resets fair for people unable to vote for multiple Accounts?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2019.
  1. Yes if gtop does not allow you but allows me it is fair

9.5%
  2. No it isn't fair for the people who are unable to vote on multiple accounts

19.0%
  3. New Suggestion 2 seems to be the most fair for old players

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. How do i delete this poll

47.6%
  5. Do a flip

9.5%
  6. Gm help me delete pole so i can make a new pole

4.8%
  7. poll*

9.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    3:06 PM
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    postcardpostcard

Bruh the dude wants 30k bm

Gl grinding in lpq 3-2m nx

Tradeable AP Resets will solve everything and I’m my self will try to get an night lord to 30k

theKatiatheKatia what so funny? You willing to spend months of grinding in lpq? Such a life you got

2. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    12:06 AM
    Add alternatives your DRK guide pls, i dont wanna carry around a deadbeat priest and scream my way through the levels.
    26 - ZYQ1m7M.png

3. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    8:06 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    if anything there will be more dks because they can berserk earlier

4. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    8:06 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Washing a spearman is no problem. Using this calculator https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/advanced-hp-wash-calculator-v0-41.16508/ it looks like an average drk will have 9,900 HP at 155. That leaves them needing 8,850 HP to get to 18,750 which is 30k with HB. To get 8,850 hp you will need roughly 170 hp washes which is not hard to do on a spearman. If we include things like the T10 ring, MoN, BFC, pet equips, & ellin ring it reduces the number of washes quite significantly.

5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    5:06 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Also want to add that during anniversary event, monsters drop these things called golden gachapon tickets which you can directly trade for an ap reset. So this suggestion is already basically in the game, just not at all times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    5:06 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    same applies for nx cash. not every event will drop vote cash cards. for example Halloween this year.

7. nolove

nolove Slime

Nov 20, 2019
    doctor666
    Camper
    i think what im trying to say so far is that there is currently no good solution for newer players who can play alot to accelerate their washing journey

cwkpq and lpq has been mentioned but surely these are not solutions that have been implemented to solve the problem
    telling a new player that he doesnt need to wash doesnt solve the problem either, the problem is still going to exist

i came over to this server with a few friends from another, and when i asked what job are they playing answers goes like

imma play a drk because i dont have to wash that hard, its gonna take months to wash a range character properly
    imma play a mage because i i dont need to wash

you have players who wants to play the game but are limited by the by the classes because ap resets are not farmable or obtainable in a way

current problem goes like that

is there a way to obtain ap resets faster?
    no, just vote, be patient and wait
    no, just wait for events be patient and wait
    no, go make LPQ mules to farm for nx

are these really the best answers and solutions?

8. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    1:06 PM
    Can you elaborate on why this doesn't solve the problem? I could understand if it was erroneous information, but it isn't. You currently only need to wash on ranged characters to fight two bosses in the game. Neither of these are high priority bosses to be fighting. The problem, as far as I see it, is that people come into the game with misinformation thinking they need to wash when they don't and this deters them from those classes. Isn't giving people correct information the best solution to misinformation?

9. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    Ok, so far I have concluded from the replies that we should wait a few months in order to be able to hp wash effectively too prevent power creep and to be fair to old players.
    So I have a came up with a suggestion to appease the people who disagree with this idea.

Suggestion 1
    One, make getting ap resets a custom daily task in-game. E,g Being online for 1hr grants you 2~3 ap resets(may vary slightly more than voting) a day, and remove getting ap resets from the cash shop.
    I know this will anger some players who want to vote for easy ap resets but there are several benefits to this.

1. Fair to people without multiple Ips to vote. Some people are able to vote on multiple accounts for some reason and others are unable too due to certain reasons. In my opinion, this is extremely
    unfair as people who are able too can stock up NX on many accounts and buy more hired merchants, owls, teleport rocks and ap resets. Enabling people who can vote on several accounts gain several obvious advantages in-game. Such as washing many characters at once.

2. More players will be online as that is the only way to get Ap resets.

3. Removes the headache of voting on many devices and connections just to be able to wash on another character.

4. Aligns with server values of being a non-vote to win gameplay.
    Having high hp is important if you want to do certain content, Making a lvl 180~200 NL, Bm, Corsair for the hp without washing will take years, and secondly when you are level 200 why would you even be playing the character anymore? Ap resets are the most important item in-game even more important than stats and weapon attack I would say, cuz without hp u would be 1 hit KOED. So why is this broken item gained by voting on the website. It is as vote to win as you can get mang.

More suggestions to come.. feel free to disagree

Grind PQs like LPQ or GPQ to get NX for AP resets outside of events. People rarely do GPQ and making a mule just to farm ap resets instead of playing your own character is pretty strange. Not to mention doing hrs of LPQ can be really cancerous

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. nolove

nolove Slime

Nov 20, 2019
    doctor666
    Camper
    wait what are you saying though? you are saying that, there are 2 bosses that is not accessible to the range class player if he doesnt wash and that should be ok with him? clearly if i want to play id want to be able to have access to all content when im high level with my hp not being a meme

also im not asking if i need to wash or not, im asking that if a player wants to wash, are there better alternatives that can be implemented instead of waiting for events and or just plain voting for a few months, can there be an effective way to accelerate the process? surely there has to be better solutions to this problem right? something that rewards hardwork, not easily exploitable, is that too much to ask? for a group of people to brainstorm for a solution? idk.....

11. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    How many "new players" actually stay long enough to get to the required levels to do zak and HT? Even if they do, they wouldn't magically get to those levels in a month (which gives ~50 AP resets if you vote consecutively). It's not as if they have 500mil to bomb and buy leech/decent gear to do damage.

I don't know whether you've been reading the posts in this thread, because you seem to be oblivious to the current standing and situation(s) in which you can obtain AP resets. Even if you manage to wash out all that INT, you probably will not be able to get enough decent gears to do damage within such a short span of time.

And then what happens? Instead of these monthly "make ap resets more obtainable" threads, we'll be getting "make X equipment more obtainable" threads.

If you "play alot", I'm certain that you have sufficient time to farm LPQ/GPQ to get more NX, which has no daily limit. I'm unsure of how much LPQ gives, but let's say it gives 250 nx per run, and each run takes 30 minutes. That's 500 NX per hour, and 1k NX per 2 hours. Combine that with the 5k you get daily, that's almost 2 AP resets.

With 2 daily AP resets, you'll be done with washing in no time, since you don't need to wash that much if your goal is just to survive zak/ht.

This is even worse than voting. It's literally afk2win, and takes lesser effort than pressing buttons on your phone and switching devices/browsers.

Not everyone plays this server to enjoy end-game content like NT, HT, etc. Some people are just here for the nostalgia (i.e want to experience KPQ/LPQ), some are people who just want to fmhoe around with their friends, and there are those that play only during events and are gone after that (meaning they probably won't even reach those levels).

You must be shallow to think that the goal of this game is to just get to level 200, and quit that character and move on. There are level 200 players who still use their level 200 characters aside from echo purposes.

Your meme of a suggestion is as afk2win as it can get.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    IDK how logging on for 1 hour is actually easier ten clicking 2 buttons but ok. As I stated this is a suggestion that can be worked on, so 1 hour of active gameplay such as attacking, and if u Afk more than 5 minutes, you are unable to receive the ap resets, seems fair to you?

Yes some people want to FM hoe and some people want to KPQ/LPQ but how about those who want to boss? can't count them out

Currently voting on a 70day or so streak is about 2 ap resets so I don't understand what is your issue with my suggestion

Most people i know make lvl200 characters and move on to create other characters while still playing their lvl 200 (correct me if im wrong), and when they make another character they would have to wait another few months to experience content on a different class.

You also did not really address the problem of multi-account voting being vote to win which is the most important point. It affects the world of "FM hoes" and "Nostalgia hoes" as well. More NX for other accounts= more dress up role-play games/ or Megaphone games such as pm X friend to get free Mesos ... that they can have in the free market. Not to mention the majority of players play to "boss" and grind if not the free market wouldn't be loaded with items.

Donald Trump was a meme but became president so yeah..

13. nolove

nolove Slime

Nov 20, 2019
    doctor666
    Camper
    what are you talking about? im 1 week in the server ive probably made like 600m(it isnt alot, but i feel like im getting somewhere, getting int equips), also got to level 115, mesos mule on the way, whats so difficult about getting levels? its all in the grind man, there are people who are casual but there are also people who can go hard

Also whether they stick around or not, why does that matter? it has got nothing to do with what we are discussing here, in fact, if you actually wonder why do they stick or not could it be because they actually have to wait a few months to effectively wash a character?

dont you worry about that, im not oblivious, ive been a top player at, at least 5 other servers, equipment are not an issue because you can actually grind out mesos grind out bosses to purchase them, but there is no fixed way to grind out resets at the moment, apart from voting and event which could stop or take breaks

like i said, making MULES or LPQ, is this the best way players should be able to grind for AP RESETS? do you not understand what i am trying to say, im asking if there can be a better alternative, at grinding spots for untradable ap resets, albeit at a low rate, it can even be trading etcs, daily quest for 2-3, idk if its viable, making mules to do LPQ, really? thats the best we can do?

why is this being mentioned? i dont understand and i cant see a link, hope you can clarify thanks

14. nolove

nolove Slime

Nov 20, 2019
    doctor666
    Camper
    also can someone tell me, how making untradable resets, available from grinding has such backlash and people see it as a downside to their gameplay? someone mentioned that he took 1.5 years to wash like 2 characters, wouldnt it better it he could do it in half the time of course with more effort put into it?

afaik people who are for this idea isnt asking anything for free, just a way to effectively grind for it

also are there reasons why people oppose to this idea? can you share your POV instead of saying washing isnt neccessarily needed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    1:06 PM
    Essentially, yes. Not all content is intended for all classes. In the same way that as a NL you will never fight the boss for the 3rd job advancement as a mage, it's acceptable to not fight Toad. In the same way that warriors might not have enough accuracy to fight the higher levels of shaolin, an NL might not have enough HP to fight Pink Bean if/when it's released. I'm pretty sure the original intention from Neckson was for people to not HP wash and if people wanted to do content that was gated away from them based on restrictions to their class, they would need to gimp themselves one way or another to be able to access that content. In the case of a ranged character fighting the harder hitting bosses, they would need to spend points on HP instead of their damage stat. This would reduce their overall damage, but allow them to survive the boss. At this point, you are just arguing with the design philosophy of Neckson. Given this is a nostalgia driven server, we need to be very careful when making changes that go against this design philosphy. This isn't to say we absolutely never should deviate from the Neckson way, we have of course made changes and added items into the game to mitigate the struggles of lower HP classes, but we shouldn't be removing those struggles entirely. I think this segues quite nicely into my next point:

Honestly, it seems to be. Every suggestion people have come up with either doesn't help because you'd be getting AP resets at the same kind of rate, is super exploitable, or is essentially redundant with other changes we have made. The suggestion of making AP resets grindable falls into the third category. The reason I keep coming back to HP washing being optional is that the "solutions" we have put in place to the HP washing "problem" are the HP items we've added to the game. I get that you see this as a different thing, but functionally speaking, what is the difference between being able to grind out items that give you HP compared with being able to grind out AP resets and using those to wash for HP? The only real difference I can see is that the items have an upper bound to the HP you can gain, where as AP resets wouldn't. I think this is ultimately a good thing, though. Ranged classes should be squishier than warriors

I appreciate I maybe didn't make it super clear that this is what I meant when talking about this earlier

16. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    Pasta
    If you can spend 1 hour attacking to "receive the ap resets", why not spend said hour to grind cards for tier 10 ring, or earn mesos to buy pet hp scrolls or whatnot? I'm genuinely curious as to what you think the two differences are.

And how many of them conceived the idea of making a secondary character back when multi-voting wasn't allowed (which also meant even if you could vote 10 times, you'd only be able to legally do it once)? I honestly have no idea why level 200 was even being brought up in the first place. Level 200s make up only around 60 - 65 of the population, and half of those are mages (where washing is not as "essential" as attacker classes).

I don't know how you define "win", but ML is a server that doesn't allow any monetary trading/RWT. If you want to use the argument of "More NX for other accounts= more dress up role-play games", then you might as well call the server out for being p2w because people can donate to get donor-exclusive NX/chairs.

Good for you then. I'm not sure if you lucked out of a legendary, but if you did, all I can say is not many people start out the game and get those items from that few lucky gachas they get.

Most newbs probably can't get to 3 digit levels in 1 week. I've seen my fair share of them who complain about how they can't achieve what you have (i.e int equips), and before you know, boom, they quit.

So your issue seems to be "why must we make one more mule to specifically farm NX at LPQ?"

Then, let me ask you, why do people make HS, HB, SE, SI, MU mules just to specifically get a certain buff? Why not just give those buffs to every class.

You're already making a meso mule one week into gameplay, so I don't see what's the problem with one more.

Because you're making it sound like the whole player base and every new player who joins has the intention to fight end-game bosses, and thus find the need to start preparing for washing the moment they start playing?

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. nolove

nolove Slime

Nov 20, 2019
    doctor666
    Camper
    actually, and firstly, a NL or BM will NEVER have enough hp to fight pb if he doesnt wash, fact.
    You need 18k with hb to not get 1 shot by Damage Reflection and hits from small beans
    so to say washing is not needed is really deceiving if you want to call that.

secondly, a NL or BM here WOULD be able to do PB if he levelled up hella lots of int, and has been voting for probably for at least a good 1-2 year assuming this is not his only character, i hope that this is not the kind of struggle you mean, because i dont get how struggling through grinding religiously is not a viable solution but voting everyday religiously is.

thirdly, without washing, i doubt PB can be finished in the hour clock without your NLs and BMs, the server would have to make changes to timer/tweak damages which then goes against their design philosophy....

Do you happen see a problem with that?

agree with you that range classes should be squishier than warriors, which is why also when warriors and range classes uses the same amount of resets, the melee class would inevitable gain much more HP, again the HP items that you mentioned falls significantly short of future content now that you mentioned PB may be happening?

is it that unreasonable to implement something whereby players can collect special drops which drops from global, certain amount warrants 1 ap reset excahnge, maximum of 3 a day, all untradable?

18. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    8:06 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I still don’t understand why we’re saying it takes YEARS to wash a ranged character when it doesn’t. It only takes years if you want to completely ignore HB and kill off drks like I said before. The 2 bosses left in the game (verga & toad) need about 2-3k extra hp if you’re a high level (190+). Assuming you get 12hp per reset that’s 250 resets to get 3k hp or 775k nx. Getting 775k nx takes about 155 days if you completely ignore the vote streak bonus and any events that may drop nx/resets. You’re looking at about 5 months to wash a character to a high enough hp that can survive any boss in the game IF YOU HAVE HB. You don’t need years to survive all of the bosses.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    Pasta
    And every range back then went in with 18k HP after HB? No, most people didn't even hit 5 digits.
    You can argue that they have Wheels, but its not like those were free either.

No one ever said that ML would release the OG pink bean version with 80% PDR and 1 hour timer. If you want to argue timers, HT timer is now 2 hours which already "goes against their design philosophy".

Furthermore, PB wasn't killed in GMS until the introduction of potentials and Dual Blades. What are you gonna do next, argue for potentials to be added into the game?

So, no.

20. nolove

nolove Slime

Nov 20, 2019
    doctor666
    Camper
    easy to just shoot down what ive thought out and posted without doing having some critical thinking on your part, i am replying to what the staff said about Pink bean, and looking at the current situation, people saying that washing is not needed, wheels not available, how are you going to finish it? please before you start going off, access the situation lol

i was simply replying to staff's word on Neckson's design philosophy, which again, is easy for you to reply to without reading and thinking through,

i hope for me to regard your texts as relevant you can instead come up with ideas or reasons why you are for or oppose of this idea, instead of just shooting down everything that people and other players have suggested because you are simply not helpful in this discussion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.