1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make it fair for those unable to multi account vote (12/2/2019)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cakesogood, Nov 26, 2019.

Is Voting for AP Resets fair for people unable to vote for multiple Accounts?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2019.
  1. Yes if gtop does not allow you but allows me it is fair

9.5%
  2. No it isn't fair for the people who are unable to vote on multiple accounts

19.0%
  3. New Suggestion 2 seems to be the most fair for old players

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. How do i delete this poll

47.6%
  5. Do a flip

9.5%
  6. Gm help me delete pole so i can make a new pole

4.8%
  7. poll*

9.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    6:42 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    In-case the Multiple-voting rule is too much work
    Linking accounts requires all particulars which is similar to account sharing it is already bannable so bans for multi-voting is not needed. Saves GMS time and effort banning vote abusers while making it fairer even though (not completely fair) for people unable to multi-vote.(This applies to people voting for friends)

2. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    3:42 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The GMs are busy people, and I think they'd rather be working on things they enjoy on the server rather than implementing a new system for them to moderate and issue bans from. I don't think anyone up there actually enjoys banning people, and honestly it'd just become another headache for them to deal with as people post threads asking them to reconsider the bans and ask why its even a rule and how unfair it is and how upset they are and how they didn't know the rules. The GMs are human too but all too often people forget that when they suggest elaborate new systems that they will have no part in developing or monitoring. Suggestions ought to be kept relatively simple because of that. That's why I'd tend to suggest and support simple, small, changes over a complete reworking of a system, unless there are major issues within a system that need rework. I don't think this qualifies though when 70% of people select meme answers in the poll and another 10% pick the completely loaded option. Did you stop beating your wife by the way? Yes or no?

It's just feels like dumping another workload on GMs because a few people personally don't like the system and feel the need to decree unfairness as the banner. There are no fair games, especially not modern ones, but MapleLegends comes close with how things are currently handled. Old Maplestory was pay2win, yet I feel as though it has become dwarfed by some modern pay2win games. The GMs have so far poured their hearts into making a game that is so far seen as fair, and enjoyable, without any of the modern garbage of other f2p games, and I thank them for that.

The best suggestion I can give is go for a walk, find a coffeeshop with open wifi, and vote as you pass it. With that you've successfully voted twice with your at home wifi/computer and phone/coffee wifi. Walking is also good for you so it's an extra win.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    In-case the Multiple-voting rule is too much work
    Linking accounts requires all particulars which is similar to account sharing it is already bannable so bans for multi-voting is not needed. Saves GMS time and effort banning vote abusers while making it fairer even though (not completely fair) for people unable to multi-vote. (This applies to people voting for friends)

I edit this post a lot so yeah I thought about it being too much work for them and came with a solution so that multi vote ban is optional.

4. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    7:42 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I thought it's already "fair" because you can do what they do. like, making another alt account, walking to nearest starbucks, or w/e place gives you free wi-fi, and vote on both accounts.
    it can be said unfair if it's allowed only for them but not for you, is it?

having high HP character is already became much easier than the time when I tried on my character. only thing I can say sure is this.

5. LIM EWE SENG

LIM EWE SENG Blue Snail

Oct 31, 2019
    Male
    I would say it is fair as we all are given the opportunity to vote multiple across every maple legend players, rather than just open to some selected players or beta players.

6. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    Why you asking me to go for a walk the whole point of this suggestion is that it still does not work for me/ some people even when I tried wifis in different areas.?

I tried going to Starbucks, McDonald's using their wifis there and my 4g phone and Gtop is still able to track my account ip somehow...

Why can't we make it fair for everyone when it is possible. So many people in discord chat have troubles voting on multiple characters.

7. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    6:42 AM
    iPippy
    I have trouble loading multi client without my computer getting warm. Can we link our accounts for buffs too?

8. Mott

Mott Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    NightShadow, CannotAim, Mattato, Mottini
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    Are you using different browsers?
    Made by yogurtselleryogurtseller
    https://youtu.be/3YBdzrnpfnI

9. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    yes. I heard from guildmates that have to use unknown browsers.
    I tried using firefox focus,safari,microsoft edge,google chrome,firefox and airplane mode whenever i switch. I cleared history and everything it is really sad.

All I want to do is vote on both my hero and mage and maybe have an owl mule cause I use all my NX for ap resets...

10. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Are you voting on your computer? Even if your only internet is from a phone data plan, you can still use your data as a hotspot to connect to your computer[If it is the case that that is your only internet then I imagine you already know how given your access to MapleLegends], and use that as one device/IP combo, then connect to a public network on your phone to get a second device/IP combo.

GTOP will have absolutely no way to determine that as a repeat voter. Personally I'm not even sure if they check the device ID, but two unique IPs and device IDs are indistinguishable to anything they can read.

11. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I'm locking the thread because I checked back after a couple of days only to find arguments covered in logical fallacies, discussion turning into memes, and people calling each other names even after a warning.

I will answer some points but I cannot go over all of them.

We are not interested in changing the current voting system.
    - We are not going to spend resources implementing a system to reduce the number of votes for an arbitrary ‘balance' on ap resets —doing so would in fact harm the balance of classes.
    - Letting players "link" votes doesn't fix the inherent problem of unfairness. Furthermore, it opens up possible abuse cases. In other words, we would be creating more problems to fix one problem.
    - We already provide the best support possible in regards to voting. We unfortunately are not responsible for GTOP's technical difficulties.

Getting AP resets/HP via in-game activities is always being considered but at the same time is an intricate issue that greatly affects the balance of the game. So this option, if achievable, will be considered by staffs in a focused discussion.

EDIT: proofread edits by another player, thank you for reading through my 7am ramble.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Sorry for double reply - this one is to address another concern and answer a report made by the OP. Next time, please avoid using report function for non-abuse cases. Also, previous post has been edited thanks to a player proofreading for me.

While we greatly appreciate player feedback, the staff team has to take a holistic approach in order to maintain server goals and therefore it is not viable for us to implement all of your suggestions. Especially since this thread has proven its inability to hold an appropriate debate, this thread will remain locked.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.