1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

halloween community event feedback

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by cakesogood, Dec 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    11:29 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    Halloween community event not very good. Talentless people like me are not inclined to participate

Maybe a little bias if gm friends with the player or in the guild.

Ocean's level of salt if lose

Fix this by making participation reward.

Participation at least grants you special face coupon and hair

Increase donor nx by a tad bit for the winners eg 50k 1st 40k2nd 30k 3rd etc, to entice them to put in more work. Give them a nice chair:happy:.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/halloween-community-event-2019.26726/

2. Mott

Mott Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    8:29 AM
    NightShadow, CannotAim, Mattato, Mottini
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    Participation awards are bad and hinder self improvement.

1. They lower the overall quality of the work being done
    - If everyone gets a reward, why try
    - I actually laughed (breathed heavily) when reading some of the comics because they were genuinely funny

2. They give a false sense of success for people who lack talent in that field
    - I know I am bad at watercolor and pencil drawing, but I am pretty decent at acrylics and digital media
    - Not everyone is good at certain things. Some people are better than others at Fitness, Bomberman, Redlight, or have insane luck at ola ola

3. I think it was Abraham Lincoln that once said, "Git gud m8"

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    I didn't understand why there was a quest attached to the Letters and Map for a paltry sum of mesos and experience that could only be done if you were the leader of the party who collected the letters upon completion.

I was disappointed that the making of Halloween pots didn't grant experience. I was also disappointed that the materials used to create the items were changed from last time (though I totally understand why it was changed; it was still disappointing).

There were too many Red Candies (300 MP recovery). I'm not suggesting we increase the rates of the other rewards, but I would like to see more diversity.

I liked the art work and music in the FM, and the collection of Halloween Candies was fairly straightforward. I was a little frustrated that I had to travel to NLC each time I wanted to hand stuff in - but that's just the nature of the beast, I guess. Though it does deviate from a lot of other events where you talk to an NPC that takes you to a general location; I do think it's a waste NOT to use the Haunted Mansion for just such an event. Meh...I'll get over it. =o)

4. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    11:29 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Could you save this and post it on soon-to-be posted official feedback thread please MapleF18

OP is talking about community event in this thread, not the entire Halloween event.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    I don't know the difference. Work has been taking a toll on me.

6. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    hey, bro, may I join you in that picture that you made yourself. I have no talent so I join you in picture to get the reward.

Plz

7. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    11:29 AM
    That would be the comic panel Vs what you experienced in game.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. OhDoggo

OhDoggo Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    4:29 AM
    Bowmaster
    We literally put in measures to help people if they felt they had a creative or technical disadvantage to their peers. Maybe you should try a little harder next time or even start earlier. Good to practice these habits and work with what you're given.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    5:29 PM
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    tbh I get your point, but why’d you even care? it’s literally some cosmetics in a private server idk if you even can buy ap resets with donor nx

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mott

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    You can't just fyi, that would be pay2win

Maybe they want to be a special snowflake

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    ok boomer

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    I did not participate. But I would like that Muzan hair and eyes

male hair 3 eyes 1

13. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    tru. Sad to put in all the effort and lose tho i wonder what will happen to those 12 participants that get nothing :(

14. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    It’s called exlusivies items y’know it’s common on every battle royale games these days,and again it’s just cosmetics and hair styles nothing more

15. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    yeah tru. sad to put in all the work for 10 people to enjoy sad

I feel like community events should entice participation and not limit prizes to those who are artsy. Makes it feel like a competition rather than for fun ...Should also give participants something for putting erffort. server population so high but only 15 participation seems too low.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    the only sad thing that can happen is me not getting my hands on this b4 the deadline

https://seaofthieves.gamepedia.com/Sails_of_the_Ashen_Dragon

btw cry me a river

17. Mott

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    Nothing? Nothing will happen to them? They carry on with their maple lives.

Why are you speaking for those people? I for one had a lot of fun participating in the community event and I thought it was well done. Sure it was a lot of work organizing my friends to pose and stuff, but in the end it was a lot of fun. I think OhDoggoOhDoggo did a great job and I look forward to more of these.

Have you participated in a GM event like russian roulette? What happens to the people who don't win? They get nothing. Personally I don't like that event because it's RNG based, but not because you don't get a participation scroll of secrets.

I think you need to grow up a bit and realize that you don't get everything for free. You don't get a trophy or any considerations for promotions for simply showing up to work. The people who are artsy didn't get there randomly. They put in a lot of time and effort to hone their craft.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    ok

19. OhDoggo

OhDoggo Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    4:29 AM
    Bowmaster
    It's clear my point as well as others aren't getting through to you/you aren't really providing great feedback. Consolation prizes could be discussed but other than that, thread closed due to OP partially being a troll.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.