1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Meso Making Tier List

Discussion in 'Items & Mesos' started by Oradious, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    9:47 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    So I got bored while studying for my exams, and with the recent rant on the mannies nerf and how people are complaining their source of mesos has been completely destroyed, I've decided to come up with a money making tier list after some discussion with my guild members.

After much debate and changing of the list, and considering the target audience, this is what I've come up with.

1 hit Skelegons with sweeper
    It is a known fact that selling 1 hit Skelegons yields one of the highest amount of mesos in MapleLegends. However, with the map layout of the common 1 hit skele spot, it is impossible to loot all the items, while maintaining your rotation. Utilising a sweeper mule to loot the bottom lane will maixmise your gains while allowing you to keep the rotation as you do not have to go out of your way to loot a gach ticket in the event that it drops. The approximate gain of utilising a sweeper mule in Skelegons is said to be 30mil/hr, though I think the figure is a bit inflated and should be a bit lower. You can learn more about it here.

1 hit Petrifighter with sweeper
    Petrifighter leech is another leech that is comparable to Skelegons when it comes to mesos earned. In fact, I even made a guide teaching one how to leech at the map. An Arch Mage usually utilises an SI mule to maximise the gains and to keep the spawn going. Although the leech itself costs more than skele, the drops at petris are visibly worse than that of skeles, making it just a tad worse than skeles when it comes to money. Furthermore, due to the topography of the map, the top and bottom lane are left unlooted. Utilising a sweeper mule to loot the bottom lane effectively serves the same purpose as it does on Skelegons, allowing you to keep the rotation and not having to go out of your way to loot everything.

4 man cave HT
    Now, why cave, you ask? Caving in HT basically means you don't leave the cave, saving you potentially hours of time as you do not have to re-do the elixir quest and wait a few hours for manons/daggers. You can just login to your character(s), and then start the run immediately. The approximate gain of 1 run is 160mil. Assuming that it is a 4 man split, and the run takes 90 minutes, you earn 26mil/hr.

Solo Scarga
    Selling scarlion and targa helms and having the mesos earned all to yourself is also one of the huge money making methods. In fact, if you are strong enough and can take down Scarlion within 30 mins by yourself (I'll let you guys figure out how to do that), you can potentailly make 40mil/hr, more than what you earn in any of the aforementioned methods in tier S. The problem is, it is not easy to find a helm buyer and could potentially take up a lot of your time. Furthermore, there are a lot of people who have the ability to down scar, and if not, they would just get some extra help from friends or guildies. Considering all these factors, selling helms and keeping the splits to yourself is classified as 'Tier A+' in this list.

3 man CWKPQ
    Each CWKPQ takes roughly an hour, and a 3 man split means each person gets 10 boxes per run (9 if you mess up). The approximate split from bonus is around 15-20mil/hr, depending on the drops.

4-5 man normal HT
    The amount of money earned is around the same as 4 man cave HT listed in tier S. The only difference being, since you do not cave, you have to spend time doing the prequest, which can take hours, bringing this down to 'Tier A+'.

1 hit Skelegons/Petrifighters
    This is the same as what was mentioned in its counterpart in 'Tier S'. However, since you are not utilising a sweeper mule, there is a noticeable dip in gains, bringing this down to 'Tier A'.

4-5 man CWKPQ
    As mentioned in its counterpart in 'Tier A+', each CWKPQ takes roughly an hour. A 4-5 man split means each person gets between 6 - 8 boxes. The approximate gain is around 13-17mil/hr.

Ulu 2 with sweeper mule in both lanes
    Have you ever smega-ed "S>ulu 2 w/mw20+mesoup 5mil split", only to have no replies and have buyers flock to the guy selling it for 4mil? Well, fret not! You can do the same too! And utilise a sweeper mule at the same time.

The raw mesos gain in ulu 2 is 6mil/hr with mesos up. Assuming you are in a party of 4, with 2 characters being your own, that means you get 3mil/hr in both characters, looting in both lanes, while your leechers keep the other 3mil.

Now, what if you turn off pet loot, and let your sweeper mule loot in both lanes?

Well, the full 6mil is yours, your leechers don't get to keep their 1.5mil per character, and you earn an extra 3mil/hr.

Underhanded, you say? But then again, who cares? Most buyers don't even bother to test for eph, and get short-changed with stuff like 6mil eph sellers.

Ulu 2 with leechers
    This method does not involve the use of sweeper mules mentioned in its counterpart in 'Tier A-', which means you lose the 3mil/hr extra, bringing this down to a tier below.

Petrifighter/Skelegon 2 hit
    The price of these leeches are around the same as 1 hit ulu 2. However, considering the pot burn from that extra ultimate cast (more so for mages), and the lesser number of people buying these 2 leeches, it brings it down a tier compared to 'Ulu 2 with leechers'.

Ulu 2 raw
    With the absence of leechers, that means you do not lose the 3mil/hr. But at the same time, you do not gain the 8mil/hr you get from selling leech, making you earn a net loss of 5mil/hr, which classifies it as 'Tier B-'.

3 man Scarga
    While a 3 man scarlion is arguably faster than a solo scarga, the fact that you have to split the mesos and also find a buyer makes it very much worse than its solo counterpart.

Nintos/Jonins
    Farming Nintos/Jonins in the Samurai map with a Bishop that can 1 hit is classified as 'Tier C'. Why, you ask? It drops scrolls like SFMA 60% that can sell for 20mil, and other items such as SFMA 30% and Eye Int 30%. Well, the profit for this is average, at best. You can go a few hours without having a single scroll dropping, and have 2 scrolls drop in quick succession. It is inconsistent. I personally do not have enough data on this, but from what I've gathered, it is comparable or lower than ulu 2. However, people usually do not buy leech here, and the equips dropped are worse than that of ulu 2.

12 man HT
    The 12 man HT runs that dominated the server 2 years ago are now long gone. To even organise a 12 man run, one would have to painstakingly gather 11 other willing participants, do the prequest, and then potentially deal with disconnects/deaths (as it is with most 12 man these days), since most of them have little to no experience in HT. Consider the 160mil profit again, and a 90 min downtime. Divide that by 12, and it's around 8.8mil/hr earned, making it even worse than ulu 2 raw.

Nightghosts
    With reference to SkuireSkuire 's post, we can see how volatile and random it is when it comes to the scroll drops. You can go by an entire hour without gaining anything, and go by the next getting a CFA 30% and a few other 70s. The average gain of this is around 7.5mil/hr.

Cave of Honor
    A map suggested by AioriaXAioriaX in another thread, I got AlthariisaAlthariisa to test it out. It takes ~50mins to farm 25 badges each, which nets you 3.5mil. The raw mesos he got was around 750k, making it around 4.25mil on a class with arguably the worst mobility.

There are a few factors to consider when farming here though.

First, you have to do the prequest in order to unlock the exchange quest, which means travelling to Omega Sector twice. Secondly, if you want to get there easily, you have to do the 'Marker of Heroism' quest, which means doing the JQ itself several times. Some people might see this as a waste of time, and find other money-making methods. However, the mobs in there are auto-aggro, and Stormbreakers also have a chance to drop OA int 60%, which is a huge profit right now.

Zakum
    Why Zakum, wtf? Zak is one of the most commonly done bosses! Especially for Level 14x and 15x! This list is trash! Well, think again.

A Zakum run is usually done in 30 mins, and you get 25mil if you can find a buyer for BOTH helm and skillbook. However, the fact that Zakum is in El Nath, and people smega for hours trying to find a buyer, and that you need 6 signups to go in, plus the pot costs, doesn't make it that enticing as the other money making methods.

It doesn't matter if it's a 3 man run, or a 6 man run. Assuming you get 25mil splits, and you take 1.5 hours to find a buyer (which is considered quite fast seeing as how long people spam smegas looking for buyers/bishops/SE), that is 12.5mil earned per hour, and divide it by 6, you get only a measly 2mil/hr. After you offset your pot cost, the profit is almost non-existent. You probably get more money logging in to your mules and selling fame.

And don't argue that Genesis 20 is a drop and it can be sold for 20mil. That's like aruging 2 MW20s drop in every HT run and each run gives you a 640mil profit.

SStier.PNG

So, that is the list that I've come up after much discussion and debate. There are a few areas that I've left out, such as NT, as I do not have enough data on it. I've also left out spots like Gallos and Master Chronos, since those are more of a training spot, and it is only a few niche people who specifically go there and farm for their drops.

• Like x 10
    • Great Work x 5
    • Funny x 4
    • Informative x 3
    • Disagree x 1
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    6:47 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    upload_2020-2-23_7-9-27.png

I think i can chime in a bit on some neo tokyo.

I've done 93 nibergen's and I have NEVER EVER seen a single elemental pierce drop. I estimate that the drop rate for those earrings is 1% or lower.

I've done 93 nameless magic monsters and I have seen 1 magical throwing knife, and 1 armor piercing bullet.

Some of these were done pre buff, so it is not entirely accurate.

I don't know the exact numbers on plants / stones, but recently I have been getting around 1-2 etc per 10 kills. The etc can be something valuable like an omega/sigma plant, or something trash like a warrior stone or Y plant.

Thus, assuming a magical throwing knife is ~250m, and armor piercing bullets ~75m (conservative estimates), each nameless magic monster run is about 3.25m from these rare drops.

The average crafting etc is probably worth about 20m (average of 1 , 1 , 10, 10, 40, 50, for warrior stone, plant y, saint stone, wiseman stone, plant sigma, plant omega) so assuming you get 1 per 10 kills thats another 2m.

About half of the runs I do seem to drop a weapon, so 50% to drop a weapon u can npc for 500k, so thats 250k on average.

Sometimes you get a rare scroll like botttomwear dex, shield magic att, shield weapon att, but these are very, very rare. I would estimate that they are even MORE rare than the plants, putting them at 1 every 20 or so runs. The average value of these scrolls is about 10m, so thats another 500k on average.

You also get 80 coins per clear per character. People actually seem to purchase crafting service nowadays, so this seems to have SOME value. If you can sell crafting service for 12.5m, 80 coins is about 200k. And thats on a per character basis. So if you bring in a buff mule thats doubling your coins.

You can also find some NT weapons, but I think the drop rate has been nerfed so hard that this isn't anything significantly measurable.

Adding all this up each nibergen seems to yield 3.25 + 2 + .25 + .5 + .2*number of players, so 6.2m for a solo kill.

Typically nameless is duo'd or trio'd so this is about as good as zakum incomewise. The exp is quite decent, however.

If you tryhard and bring DPS mules, which are mules that you can attack on (which I think is what OP is referring to when talking about how to SOLO kill scarlion in 30min) it is possible to kill nameless magic monster in less than 30min, which would make this about 12.4m+ per hour.

If you duo nameless with another player, that makes this ~6.2m per hr assuming 30 min kills.

The pot burn on nameless is very low, maybe 100k if you keep it pinned with a character like a paladin who can constantly knock back.

So I would rate duo nameless at C- in terms of mesos, and solo nameless (30min kills) at tier B-.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    2:47 AM
    398721769260974111.png Are you a new player? Are you trying to earn mesos? Do you not have multiple mules & a bishop or archmage main? Good luck.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    9:47 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    ty for guide. i appreciate the help really helps new players like me and many others.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    2:47 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG] you don't have 6 bishops grinding ulu2 on automatic? pfh good luck

6. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    9:47 AM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    Possible addition to Tier B-: farming gold teeth

Tested this on my shad informally ~5 times (just eyeballing the clock) and 2 times with an actual timer. Each time, I farm at a rate of about 30 gold teeth/30 min (+- 1 gold tooth), without using taunt.

I did a test just now and was super pedantic about it. Here's what I recorded during 30 minutes at Dead Mine II:
    • Gold teeth: 31
    • Regular teeth: 653
    • Flyeye wing: 200 (ran out of inv space near the end and stopped collecting)
    • Mesos: 325k
    • Equips: 330k npc value
    • Time per round: 55 seconds (average of 60, 55, 55, 50; measured in 5 sec increments)
    • Zombies killed per round: 41 (average of 35, 42, 47; keep in mind it's hard to count them as you kill..)
    • Attacks used: band of thieves and boomerang step, maybe at a 50/50 split
    • Buffs used: haste + dagger booster, no hog used
    where a "round" refers to the path I take starting at the top-left, snaking down, snaking up, and ending at the top-left.

If you price gold teeth at 150k, that's about 10.6m/hour. At a price of 200k, that's about 13.7m/hour.

I could imagine slight discrepancies for those with low avoid/no stance, those with small attack ranges, and those with low mobility. The flyeyes can knock you down as you try to go up the map, and the map isn't tiny. I was able to leverage my low avoid, range of boomerang step, and mobility from haste to spend less time walking.

Despite this, I think it's still a decent meso-making method for the lower-level and mage-less crowd :)

• Informative Informative x 4
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If someone is selling 6m eph ulu2 leech, report them. :)

Another alternative to not using a sweeper mule is to just add two more mules to your party that aren't high enough level to leech the experience.
    Party splits the loot 6 ways, leaving your two paying leechers with 1 mil returned and 4 mil back to yourself.

8. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Another idea: solo farming DM scrolls

If you're good enough with zakum stage 1 quest you can solo the whole thing within 30 minutes and get 5 DM scrolls per character per run. If you go in with 6 characters that's 60 DM scrolls per hour. Junk yard is selling those things at 350k apiece so at that price 60 DM scrolls comes out to be 21m/hr. Good luck selling them though

9. whatbish

whatbish Slime

Dec 19, 2017
    Male
    8:47 AM
    whatbish
    Beginner
    I’d like to add selling fame service to the list :D (52.5m per hour)

I’ve been selling fames in packages of 70 for over a year now. Lately I’ve been selling them for 14 mil, but for a majority of my selling career I’ve sold for 12 mil. It takes me 20 minutes to cycle through and fame with all 70. I keep them in the same spot so they fall on the buyer for a quick fame every time.

im typically to lazy to maintain the service but at 12 mil it’s not to hard to find and maintain a list of buyers. I have a few people who have bought from me 5 times or more and for more than one character.

The two biggest drawbacks are you can only do it once every 24 hours. And the upfront time investment for making all those lvl 15 characters can be daunting. (After perfecting the method to making the mules such as having an attacker mule on the island to speed you through the quests, and running 6 client hpqs with 1 being a mage, I can bust out 5 lvl 15 characters in about an hour and 15 minutes) but for that sweet super passive 52.5m / hour is really worth it in the end!

Edit* I sold fames for 14 mil the past 5 days in a row with just a simple smega. I also tried super hard and famed as fast as possible and was completing in 16 minutes all 71 fames ( I have 1 extra than I advertise). So, technically thats a 52.5 m/ hour meso rate. Go ahead and throw fame service up top of this list please

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. whatbish

whatbish Slime

Dec 19, 2017
    Male
    8:47 AM
    whatbish
    Beginner
    There’s also a few benefits of all those mules. Never will you run out of inventory spots. I have SOOOO MANY junk scrolls on these characters. I’m kind of scared to organize and clean it all out. Maybe one day I will.

also some events can get mass farmed. I’ve typically been to lazy to do any of this, but for example this years Christmas PQ could of been harassed with my mules. It was 120 coins or whatever for the exchange and there was a PQ that would give a lvl 15 characters 20 coins each time and I heard the Pq took about 2 minutes (I literally never did it once).
    If you really wanted to farm that PQ with 70 mules I could have been farming 70 gach tickets every 6 days which is kind of OP in my opinion.

so yeah just extra benefits of the fame mules

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Cavern of Honor has only Windraiders and Nightshadows in it. How'd you get badges for Stormbreakers and Firebrands?

12. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    I don't understand the HT cave thing. Are you saying there's a way to do HT without doing the manon prequest?

13. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    7:47 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    You enter the cave, finish your 2 daily HT runs, then you stay in the cave and never leave.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Junaki

Junaki Stone Golem

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Northern New York
    Google, Piks, Arkin, JunakiG, Doss, Nezi
    Hero, Paladin, Dark Knight, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster, Marksman, Night Lord, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Galaxy
    The last two weeks Zak has actually been good.
    Roughly 25 minute runs and 3-4 buyers everytime.
    15m a buyer that's 60m. If 4 helms drop that's 10m a person. If 3 drops that's 7.5m each. This is not including any other drops or skill books being sold.

Also have had a few people requesting VIP to be guaranteed a loot and paying into the 20m+.

With the inflation of players Zak has become a more viable source of income.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Alcor

Alcor Stone Golem

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    Alcor
    Bishop
    Generous
    what is sweeper mules. how does it works?

16. flashblaize

flashblaize Chronos

Feb 25, 2017
    Male
    Germany
    promisQ
    F/P Arch Mage
    A Thief with maxed dark sight which loots the drops. You need to Tab between chars or use another machine to make it work. You move in between casts of ults.

17. Alcor

Alcor Stone Golem

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    Alcor
    Bishop
    Generous
    So I have to use another clients for sweeper mule and have to move mule around to pick up?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. flashblaize

flashblaize Chronos

Feb 25, 2017
    Male
    Germany
    promisQ
    F/P Arch Mage
    Yes.

19. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem