1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pirate [Guide] How to become a living meme: the STR Corsair Mage edition

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Fraiche, May 21, 2020.

1. Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    4:07 AM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    Are you a proud pirate scum who’s all about that scallywag life but sometimes you feel a secret lust for the mystic arts? Are you sick of being like everyone else and want to transcend your maple identity from a respectable player to a shameless meme?

If you answered yes to either, you’ve come to the right thread. Throw away your guns and dignity, you have need of them no longer. I will show you the ungodly path of the STR Corsair and the art of training your seagulls to shit meteorites.

Whatchu need:
    Gear: Spears, lots of spears and dex/acc gears.
    Endgame gear: Sky Ski, + as many attack scrolled gear as you can fit. Scroll for dex/accuracy where you can after.

Whatchu need to do:
    • STR is your main stat, add as much as you can and only add enough DEX for the accuracy to hit your desired mob. 1 DEX per level is recommended and cap at approx +/-130 DEX with buff & equip for enough accuracy to HT (LOL)
    • You are a snowflake, hp wash if you want to boss (LOL) because you'll be tanking bodies like the pepega you are.
    • Wear only spears for max damage output, not swords, not swords+shield, not polearms, just spears. For some reason, spears have a higher damage multiplier on Sairs than every other weapon of the same w.att including polearms. This multiplier seems exponential and much more aparent lategame, the higher your w.att range, the higher the multiplier, from approx 6% to 200%+ damage difference (spear & polearm comparison). <not sure why this works.
    • W.att increases your Aerial Strike damage so deliciously, and Apples are godly.
    • Always have a gun (e.g. Maple Guns) for using homing bullet on boss limbs.
    SP :
    • Level 10-30: Max Sommersault Kick > Bullet Time/Dash (S.K. will be your main attacking skill until 4th job) (Edit: Thanks merkymerky for pointing out that double shot/flash fist is required to attack mobs inside 2nd job adv map. So bring a gun or knuckler! )
    • Or alternatively 10-30: Go for the regular Sair AP and SP build until your DEX hits ~130, then add all AP to STR from then on. This is if you prefer the better mobility and range that comes from wielding a gun, doesn't really matter much in this level range.
    • 30-70: Max Wings, the rest are useless.
    • 70-120: Max Gaviota/Octopus > Homing Beacon, again the rest are useless.
    • 120+: Max Aerial Strike > MW > Bullseye > Wrath of Octopi, and again the rest are useless.
    Whatchu also need to know:
    • Your Aerial Strike damage range will be wild. Your lowest hit will be ~10x weaker than your strongest hit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to calculate your Aerial Strike damage, you simply just multiply your attack range by 1200% (excluding mob def and dmg reduction).
    • Always Apple when you boss as it significantly increases your DPS.
    • In between Aerial Strike cooldown, use S.K. or cast summons for additional DPS.
    • Your summon damage will be pathetic because it doesn't scale well with STR and doesn't scale with weapon att at all iirc. But it still increases your DPS by a decent amount.
    Results:
    (Tested on ML, results replicated from elsewhere, 98% sure it should be the same.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lvl 200, well funded Str Sairs can potentially hit 150k+, SE for that occasional 199k :drool:. (Update: Was able to hit 170k+ on beaconed targets at lvl 200 with apple + echo, wearing nothing but perfect ski and bwg)

It baffles me how STR Mages, DEX Warriors etc get so much attention while I could barely find anything about STR Corsairs. Out of all these jokers, I think STR Corsairs are the least terrible of them. Even then, still a meme.

• Great Work Great Work x 14
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    11:07 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    This is madness.

...I love it

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Seems like this is potentially better peak air strike damage than a normal gun build. Here are my stats for my character.

When I am on 20 attack pot and echo i hit between:

With apple (and echo), i would hit between:

If i was actually level 200 with all AP assigned, with apple and echo I would hit between:

I think the normal gun build would still do more DPS overall (with just air strike) because you would have no mastery on the spear. So yes, while you could hit those 150k lines, you will also get those incredibly weak 30k lines, which averaged out should make it underperform.

4. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    2:07 AM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Great thread! I wished this came out before i trained my gunner to 80.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    4:07 AM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    Lol I thought I made it pretty obvious that this isn't a damage optimization thread, given the amount of times I called this a meme build. Whether normal sairs outperform this is completely irrelevant as this is just for fun. However, those numbers seem like you were wearing a lot of gear, I was wearing little to no gear on my test. Scrolling slots have to be taken into account as I only scrolled a 10% once on the non-perfect ski test and was wearing a 9 att bwg and nothing else. I doubt those numbers are an accurate comparison but I don't mind to be proven wrong if you want to bother matching your equip stats for a more accurate comparison.

Edit: Unless ML has buffed gun multipliers from vanilla stats, which might explain the difference

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    This is the closest any post on this forum has come to objective evil. Well done.

• Agree Agree x 1