1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

HP Washing Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Pepsi, May 15, 2015.

1. Pepsi

Pepsi Red Snail

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    3:01 PM
    Pepsi
    I've seen there's already a very nice HP washing guide. I thought I'd post an old one I made to help give some extra information if people want to talk about it more in the other thread.

Firstly I would like to say that I did not write this all of this, I merely adapted one written by UponWish two years ago. She has not played since then and I know that she would not have a problem with it being updated and still used now. The adaptions I have made have been to check it with pre and post Big Bang washing and to include the pirate job and different HP’s needed for more of the bosses.

The following data table is referenced below but I have included it at the top for quick access for people that already know about HP washing and wanted quick access to the main information. This table works for all of the jobs under that class as far as I can tell. This data table is also only for after the 2nd job advancement.

[​IMG]

♠♠ Fully revised HP washing guide for beginners ♠♠

Index

1.Abstract
    A. What is HP washing?
    B. How does it work?
    C. Will your damage be affected by using this technique?
    D. Who should do it?
    E. What is the rate between HP gain and MP lost?
    F. What are the Pros and Cons of HP washing?
    G. How to improve MP gained per level
    H. How much HP washing can you do / should you do?
    I. How to HP Wash
    J. When can I do HP washing?​
    2. Facts
    3. INT Equip Suggestions
    4. Conclusion
    5. Summary
    6. Credits
    7. References

1. Abstract
    A. What is HP washing?
    This concept was first pioneered by Tiger from GMS and further tested out and improved by many guys including Tanyia and kwanhua from MSEA. HP washing is not against any rules and is essential for certain bosses.​

B. How does it work?
    Normally when you level up you will have your 5 spare AP and you will just add them to what ever you want. With HP washing you will first put these 5 AP into HP. Once it is in HP you can then buy an AP reset scroll from the cash shop (you need one for each point), Then you will use the reset and you can take one point out of MP and return this spare point into what ever you were originally going to.​

C. Will your damage be affected by using this technique?
    No. The overall outcome will be a reduction of your MP and an increase of HP with no affect on your damage. There is an alternative to HP washing known as blood washing which will have an affect on your damage. Blood washing involves only adding into HP without extracting the AP after to use (I wouldn’t recommend this).​

D. Who should do it?
    The class that benefits most from HP washing is warrior. HP washing is almost essential at higher levels because of the high damage by bosses. Some of these bosses would be impossible for certain jobs unless washed.​

E. What is the rate between HP gain and MP lost?
    [​IMG]

F. What are the Pros and Cons of HP washing?
    Pros:
    • Gain more HP so you can survive 1~ 2 HKO from boss monsters (Zakum, Horntail, Grandpa, Anego, Papulatus, Pink Bean… etc) attacks that deal large amounts of damage!
    • It will also mean that you need less money for pots at higher levels assuming that you use % HP pots such as ginger ales.
    Cons:
    • It is not recommended to you use this technique since it burns your parent’s pocket-money or your salary funds for online games (virtual characters) unless you are rich person who is feeling generous enough to pay huge sum of money to Neckson for buying AP reset packs.
    G. How to improve MP gained per level
    Every 10 INT that you have when you level up will increase your MP gained by 1. To be able to have more INT without it affecting your damage and training speed people will often buy INT gear. INT gear are items that have been specifically scrolled for INT (or with % INT potentials) not often intended for use. This means the items are often common instead of job specific.

The amount of INT gained increases in steps. If for example you had +10 INT items then you would get 1 additional MP, if your had 20 INT you would get 2 MP. If you only had 19 INT you would get 1 MP. The extra MP gained increases in discrete steps.​

It’s best to start wearing INT items as early as possible to gain the most out of it (level 1 if possible).

H. How much HP washing can you do / should you do?
    It varies from job to job. But the minimum MP is the thing that controls it all. However if you use INT gear, you can gain a lot more MP. The more MP you gain, the more you can potentially wash.​

(This is for after 2nd job advancement)
    [​IMG]
    For eg, let’s assume that you are a Level 200 Thief with 4000 MP.
    The thief minimum MP that he can’t remove is 200 x 14 + 148 = 2948
    So, this thief could channel at MOST 4000 MP - 2948 MP = 1052 MP into his HP

To be more realistic you probably would not need to wear godly INT gear from level 1 and wash as much as you can. The amount of HP for each job is:​

(This is for after 2nd job advancement)
    [​IMG]

You will then need to decide how much HP you feel that you need. Some of the following are targets you might want:

[​IMG]
    (It's unlikely a pink bean kill will ever be managed on maplelegends)

Please note that the damage shown is not always the maximum amount needed in order to be able to safely kill the bosses and that with Pink Bean it also has an instant kill attack.

I. How to HP Wash
    Step 1: Keep some spare AP for washing when you level up.
    Step 2: Calculate your minimum MP
    Step 3: Calculate the amount of resets you can do
    Step 4: Using AP Reset Cards (NX Cash)
    1. Put 1 AP into HP (doing this one at a time is often the most sensible although it makes no difference in the end)
    2. Use AP Reset to reduce 1 point from MP.
    3. Add that 1 point into your primary attribute. (example: If you are a Thief, add to LUK)
    4. Repeat step 1 and 2 until all your AP have been used.
    J. When i can do HP washing?
    I would recommend waiting until after the second job advancement as you can get more HP per MP that way. This does not mean you should not wear INT equips as soon as you can though.​

2. Facts:
    1. Maximum HP/MP cap for all jobs is 30,000. (at least before BB it was, might need to check for this server)
    2. YES, you can do HP washing at level 1 with umbrella and bandana. About 12~13MP every level from lvl 1-10
    3. Do not try to reset with Hyper Body, it won’t work to give you more.
    4. It is NOT possible for lvl 200 to reach 30k without hyper body / washing pre-bb.
    5. It is also currently NOT possible to reach 30k by normal HP washing (without INT gear).
    6. It is ONLY possible to reach 30k now if you wash with INT gear.
    7. Will wearing STR gear gain more HP? No, no and no. After research, it has proven that HP washing is the only way.
    8. If you put AP to HP and cant reduce MP mean you have reached the minimum MP limit. Then u will temporarily weaker than normal until you can further wash in the coming levels. So, wash AP per AP is advisable.

3. INT Equip Suggestions:
    The most common items INT items are listed below with an approximate INT gain assuming you have decent funds available (much higher INT can be achieved). Remember that you should equip these before you level when you are about 99.9%, make sure you do not leave it until too late to equip them.

Item Type Level Average int

Hat:
    Zakum Helm Hat
    13 ~ 17 INT​

Overall:
    Sauna or Bath Robe
    10~20 INT​

Earrings:
    Leaf Earrings / elemental earrings (scrolled)
    4~5 INT​

Capes
    Old Raggedy Cape, Purple Adventurer Cape (scrolled)
    8~11 INT​

Weapons:
    Wooden Wand, Blue or Yellow Umbrella, Pumpkin Basket, Heart Staff (scrolled)
    4~10 INT​

Gloves:
    Work gloves
    4~7 INT​

Shoes:
    Yellow Snow Shoes
    3~6 INT​

Shield:
    Stolen Fence, Pan Lid, Maple Sheild
    5~7 INT​

These would be decent INT items that could be used for washing but every little helps. I would recommend getting a zakum helm if you can as it is probably the most effective at increasing INT while being useful to use. Some of the other cheap items would be 100% scrolling a bath robe and buying or making a low INT cape. Some items can be weapons that can be equipped by any class can also be scroll with matt scrolls to add more int. The other items after this begin to get expensive.

HP washing on a low budget could give you around 30 extra INT.

If you plan on spending very large amounts of money you can get over 150 INT.

4. Conclusion
    So, if each time you wear +30 INT equipment at 99.9% before next level, you would gain additional 3 MP, and leveling 3 times would get you 15 MP. It would be sufficient for about 1 AP reset (check table at the top of the page). If you are wearing the +90 INT equipment, you will gain 9 MP per level, and in 3 levels you gain 27 MP. If you are a warrior then this would be enough to use 6 AP Resets= 6×55HP = 330 HP! In short, every 10 INT gains 1 MP.​

5. Summary
    The main reasons for HP washing are to make it easier and safer to train at places such as skeles and to kill bosses. For dark knights there is also the bonus of using bersek which requires you to be on less than 40% HP and gives a 200% attack bonus. If you had 30k HP with then you would still be able to get this bonus with 12k HP which is enough to take a hit from almost any monster.​

6. Credits
    (Original Credits)
    Tiger from GMS for invention of HP theory
    Tanyia and many others from MSEA for the washing HP information
    Kwanhua for his primary wonderful thread
    Ayumilovemaple blog and her formulas
    RoyalCatManDo from Sleepywood for his bowman HP washing guide
    FelixtheLion from EMS for inspiring me to make this thread
    LostJVlyDex from Khaini GMS for discovering the flaw in the theory
    Playpark, Sleepywood and hidden-street forums for your source​

7. References:
    Tutorial Vids:

AP Reset cash value
    3100NX.​

The purpose of this thread was to give people ideas on how to construct their washing skills while being able to make decisions for themselves. There is no ultimate guide out there, or else it would have been apparent to us right from the beginning.
    Any questions or suggestions are welcome.

♪HAPPY WASHING♪

Original source: http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1502061

Thank you for taking the to read this and please feel free to ask any questions, I will try to improve it more if there is something I have missed.

~~ PepsiBandit

Last edited: May 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    There is used 2 different minimum hp formulas for thiefs in this thread, only the last one can be correct, since i have less hp than what the top one would allow.

• Like Like x 2
  3. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    7:01 AM
    NSFW
    dat formatting... OnionLove

4. OP
    OP
    Pepsi

Pepsi Red Snail

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    Pepsi
    I've cleared it up, the minimum hp and mp for the classes in the first table. I'd copied the others into it without noticing magician was missing from the others.

I hate that you cant really use tables with xenforo. I think it at least works.

5. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    4:01 PM
    Sean
    as a begginer in hp washing I found this guide pretty helpfull. Thanks alot for the effort you put in it

• Like Like x 2
  6. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    This doesnt apply for this server.

• Like Like x 2
  7. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    10:01 AM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
  8. mazi

mazi Mushmom

Aug 23, 2017
    Male
    Soundcloud
    7:01 AM
    mazi
    Beginner
    Bumping this thread as it's the only HP washing guide that matters (and I don't want to browse 6 pages deep every time I want to refer back to it)

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    just bookmark his post

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. President

President Slime

Jan 25, 2016
    Male
    Europe
    President
    Bishop
    Demure
    For mages of any level, does more or less INT (equips) also affect the amount of MP gained per level up?

Case: Let's say you're leeching a priest with your bishop. The bishop wears the best INT equips because it attacks all the time. The priest is 'unequiped'. When your priest is at 99% EXP, should you trade and equip the INT equips with your priest before it levels up?

11. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Yes it helps

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kaisle

Kaisle Mano

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    10:01 PM
    lnvictus
    Hero
    SOLDIER
    This is actually still really helpful! thank you for this :D

13. Sixt

Sixt Mano

Apr 1, 2020
    How much int is needed to get 30k hp as hero? are 40base int enough?

14. Kaisle

Kaisle Mano

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    lnvictus
    Hero
    SOLDIER
    It would depend on what level you would want to achieve 30k hp too

15. Sixt

Sixt Mano

Apr 1, 2020
    Lv 150-160 would be a good lvl for that.

16. Kaisle

Kaisle Mano

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    lnvictus
    Hero
    SOLDIER
    Well, I could do a rough estimation for you, I would need to know your level, min mp, max HP, base int

17. Sixt

Sixt Mano

Apr 1, 2020
    lvl 50
    50 base int (+30int from gear)
    4513HP
    393MP w/o gear

18. Kaisle

Kaisle Mano

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    lnvictus
    Hero
    SOLDIER
    Okay so, to be able to reach 30k at say level 150, assuming you would have +53 (50~55) hp per level up and everytime you wash, you would have to be able to wash at least 4 times per level up from your current level up to level 150 to get to 30k.

This is the formula I came up with your natural hp gain being as follows :

(53 (hp gained) x 100 (cos you have 100 levels til you reach 150) ) = 5300 natural hp gained from leveling up

This is the formula for hp gained from washing assuming you would be able to wash at least 4 times per level up :

(53 (hp gained from washing) x 4 (number of washes per level up) = 212 hp gained from washing 4 times per level up

now we multiply it by the number of levels going to 150 from level 50 (your current level) so :

(212 x 100) = 21,200 total hp gained from washing 4 times per level up from level 50 to 150

so if you add that all together that would be your total HP at level 150 so :

4513 (your current max hp) + 5300 (natural hp gained from leveling up) + 21,200 (hp gained from washing 4 times per level up) = 31,013

As you can see, that's more than enough to get you to 30k hp haha. Do note that in order to be able to wash you would have to have spare mp of at least 4 from your minMP.

In summary, if you want to get to 30k hp at level 150, you would have to have a total INT of 160 to be able to wash at least 4 times per level up.

Sorry if it's a little confusing haha this is actually my first attempt at trying to explain what I've learned recently haha! Am also an up and coming hero hehe. I only started washing at level 90 and washed 5 times per level up up to 100. From there, bought INT equips to get my base int of 40 to 120 so I could wash at least 3 times per level up. And using the formulas above, I would still make it to 30k HP at level 200 lol. Note that heroes don't really need to wash to 30k in order to boss (although that would make it a lot easier for you to solo), I'm only speaking from the experience of my friends and guildmates though.

19. Sympatic

Sympatic Master Chronos

Sep 16, 2017
    Male
    Thank you so much for the guide.
    This will really help me with my future main that will probably be a bucc or night lord.

20. Sixt

Sixt Mano

Apr 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1