1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How to start playing MapleLegends efficiently (and become a madman).

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Lirbo, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    6:18 PM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    [​IMG] Efficiency Guide [​IMG]

Hello everyone,
    People tend to ask me the same efficiency-related questions over and over again in-game. Therefore, I would like to introduce this efficiency guide to compile every efficiency trick that crosses my mind. Needlessly to say, you're very welcomed to comment and share your tips and tricks if you think I missed anything.

Disclaimer: This guide is not made for lazy people, it will NOT go easy on you. It will help you however maximizing your potential as quickly as possible and save you a lot of time in the future. If you're unwilling to work hard you may close this guide, because it will require blood, sweat, and tears - but before you do... if you ignore this guide you'll find yourself returning to it anyway at a later point (perhaps 2-3 months from now) and tell yourself you should have listened to me (It sounds cocky I know, with all honesty I couldn't find the words to express how genuinely I mean it).

[​IMG]

Appendix
    1. Lexicon
    2. Getting Started
    3. Efficiency Tricks
    4. Conclusion

[​IMG]

Lexicon
    Here is the list of the not-so-obvious terms we are going to use in this guide.

HP/MP Washing:
    HP Washing is a method to generate more HP (or MP) as you level, the reason behind doing it is because certain classes (mostly ranged classes) will not be able to participate in most bosses without doing it.
    While HP Washing is MANDATORY (Yes, you heard me) for all ranged classes, it is still recommended for ALL classes to wash (even if it's just a bit).
    Regardless, this process is going to be expensive, both in mesos and NX.

Full HP/MP Washing guide by PepsiPepsi *CLICK HERE*.

AP Reset:
    AP Resets are Cash coupons that allow you to move 1 Ability Point (AP) from one stat to another. These are used in HP Washing in order to take AP from your MP into your Main Stat.
    [​IMG] Cost: 3,100 NX

Leech:
    Leech is a term for being in a party with someone who kills all of the mobs for you (making you leech the EXP from them). This is usually a service Bishops or Arch Mages sells for hourly payment due to their extreme mobbing ability.

[​IMG]

Getting Started
    So you've recently downloaded MapleLegends and created your very first account. That's all sweet and nice but hold your horses right there.

NX Efficiency:
    NX is one of the most important things you should hoard on, the reason is quite simple. HP Washing is mandatory for all ranged classes and highly recommended for all classes regardless.
    This process is going to cost A LOT of NX, the exact amount depends on your class. While melee classes usually require less HP washing, the NX cost for washing ranged classes effectively can easily reach 1,500,000~2,000,000 NX or more, depending on how far you wanna push it.

Accounts Efficiency:
    In order to maximize your efficiency, create at least 5 accounts (the ones stated below) and keep voting on them daily.

Here's the list of the accounts you want to create:
    [​IMG] Bishop
    Class:
    Magician -> Cleric -> Priest -> Bishop

Why Bishop:
    They are leveling extremely fast due to their Holy Symbol skill.
    2. They are absolute meso-machines after 4th Job Advancement.
    3. They equip INT gear, which will also be used later on to wash your future main.
    4. They can be used to Leech your future main.
    5. They might get free leech at lower levels by Arch Mages who don't have HS mules.

Linked Guide:
    Bishop Guide by BellaBella *CLICK HERE*.

Dice Rolling:
    Make sure you get at least 10 INT, use AP Resets to reset the leftovers into INT as well.

AP Build:
    Lukless (pure INT), means you're not going to be able to equip most mage equips (but worry not, it pays off, check linked guide above ^)

Leveling along with your mules:
    Level 1-8:
    Level regularly at Maple Island, don't forget to do the Chair quest because it's literally the only thing you might use someday (just for Henehoing perhaps).

Level 8-10:
    Increase your Bolt (skill) to 1, and the rest to Increased MaxMP as soon as possible, do the quests your Job Master will give you in order to level quickly (killing a few slimes).

Level 10-21:
    Once you hit level 10, you want to get the rest of your mules to level 10 as well. Do Henesys PQ with all of your characters together (Multiclienting). This way you are going to level 3-6 characters to level 21 at once. (Check "HB Mule" spoiler for details how to do this PQ extremely fast).

Level 21-31:
    Keep going with Kerning PQ, use all of your mules to enter the PQ (minimum 3 to enter). Kill the crocodiles with this character and collect the tickets for everyone.

Suggestion: use only your Mage, HB Mule, and MU Mule for this PQ. (Going with 6 mules will require collecting coupons for 5 characters, and split the EXP between all of them - aka slower leveling for your Mage).

Level 31-35:
    Do Ariant-Magatia questline until you hit level 35. Use your Mage in order to do all of the killings (make sure you party the rest of your mules).

Level 35-45:
    Ludibrium PQ with all of your mules, it might be a bit of a hassle to convince others to let you in. But as long you won't slack and be the "MVP of the party" they might take you in if they have a strong attacker to kill Alishar (the final stage boss).

Level 40:
    Get married, I'd highly recommend marrying your HB Mule so you can have 2 married characters. Do Amoria PQ every 6 hours on each of your married characters in order to hoard on Onyx Apples (their current price is 2m, I hope it'll rise).

Level 95+:
    Do not be cheap, use the mesos you have hoarded so far in order to leech your Mage, use it all. It will return itself VERY quickly after level 120.

NX Shopping:
    Do not use your NX on ANYTHING before you finished these tasks:

1. Use AP Resets to reset the leftovers stats into your INT (from dice rolling).
    2. Use 20k NX from your HB Mule account to marry your Bishop.
    3. Around Level 40 buy a Pet with Meso Magnet, Item Pouch, Wing Boots, Binocular, Auto MP, and Auto HP (~17,000 NX).
    4. Start MP Washing from level ~90 until you hit 30k MP (It's really not so difficult).
    5. Start HP Washing from the moment you hit 30k MP (means you gotta make sure you have at least 15.5k NX for AP Resets every level)

Level 120+:
    Start selling leech wherever you can, Wraiths, Ghost Ship, Windraiders or Wolf Spider (if you can 1hit them).

Use the mesos you hoard to get a better INT gear (which will make you stronger AND be used to HP wash your future main).
    [​IMG] Meso Up Mule (Hermit)
    Class:
    Thief -> Assassin -> Hermit

Why MU Mule:
    Meso Up Mules has a buff that will boost the mesos dropped on the ground by 150% while you kill masses of mobs on your Bishop. On top of that they have the Haste skill, which will make your Bishop move even faster and allow you to maximize your EPH (Exp per hour) rate.

Available Paths:
    You have 3 paths to choose from when you're making an MU mule.
    Efficient Path:
    You're going to pump all of your AP into INT (aside from the 25 DEX that are required for job advancement) and MP wash all the way to level 81, the reason is to prepare this character to become a main down the line (still recommended even if you don't wanna main a Night Lord, in case you'd ever want to, because TRUST ME, you can't know what you'd want in a year [or even less] from now).

Blood Path:
    You're going to pump all of your AP into HP after the 2nd job advancement to become a "Blood Thief", means you're going to be tanky as hell by level 81. (Recommended only for people who already have a washed Night Lord).

Dexless Path:
    Making this character a dexless for maximum damage. There's no real reason to go for this build unless you have an already-made Assassin/Hermit that you don't use anymore and you're too lazy to make another character just for the sake of MU buff.

Dice Rolling:
    Roll your dice depending on which path you have decided go through.
    Efficient Path: Get at least 10 INT.
    Blood Path: Get at least 10 DEX.
    Dexless Path: Make sure you get 4 STR and 4 INT (the reason is because no stat is going to waste, everything goes into LUK and DEX [and you need 25 dex to turn into a Thief anyway]).

Leveling:
    Check Bishop section under "Leveling along with your mules".
    Generally, after your Bishop gets to level 45 this character is going to remain at the level it reached to until your Bishop hits level 120 and can self-leech this char to level 77.
    You can also sell leech and buy leech for this character at the same time to maximize efficiency.

SP Build:
    Levels 10-30: Max Dark Sight, the rest is up to you.
    Levels 30-37: Max Haste, Endure can be nice too, the rest is up to you.
    Levels 70-81: Max Meso Up, this character should NOT level any further.

AP Build:
    Efficient Path:

Levels 1-4: Increase DEX until you hit 25 DEX.
    Levels 5~37+: Increase INT until you hit 140~200 base INT.
    Levels 37+~81: After you hit 140~200 base INT you start increasing MP for MP washing, but don't use AP resets to wash it until you have decided you want to main this character. This way you keep the NX in the account in case you someday want a new main and need NX for washing.

Blood Path:
    Levels 1-4: Increase DEX until you hit 25 DEX.
    Levels 5-30: Do not use any AP, save it up.
    Level 30+ (After 2nd Job Advancement): Pump it all into HP.
    *If you aren't strong enough to do 2nd job adv try lending some gear & use Ciders/Heart Stoppers/Onyx Apples.

Dexless Path:
    Levels 1~5: Increase DEX until you hit 25 DEX
    Levels 5+: After you hit 25 DEX you just go pure LUK.
    [​IMG] Hyper Body Mule (Spearman)
    Class:
    Warrior -> Spearman

Why HB Mule:
    As we all (hopefully) know, your main attack as a Bishop at 4th job called Genesis, and it costs 3,500 MP per use. This is going to make you drink potions like a maniac. This is where HB mule kicks in, by increasing the Max MP of your mage (with Hyper Body buff), your Mana Bulls (the MP pots you're going to use) going to be more efficient. 60% of 30,000 is a lot more than 60% of 18,000 after all.

In the long run, this mule is going to save you around 200m of pots until you're going to hit 30k MP (without HB) on your Bishop (yes, it would require MP washing).

Dice Rolling:
    As much STR as possible, some DEX too.

AP Build:
    Blood, hit 35 STR before level 10 so you can do the Job Advancement and DO NOT use your AP after that until you've completed 2nd Job Advancement. (You will need a really good DEX/Accuracy gear to complete the 2nd job adv, so if you can't make/borrow/buy one just get some base DEX&STR).

After 2nd job advancement you're going to pump everything into HP (by level 41 you're going to have ~17k HP with HB, making you able to even complete Thief Stage at LPQ LOL).

Leveling:
    Check the "Leveling along with your Mules" section under the Bishop spoiler.

Level 10-21:
    Increase Slash Blast 1, the rest of the SP will go to Improved MaxHP Increase to maximize HP gain per level.

Do Henesys PQ with your Mage and the rest of the mules, however, the HB mule is going to be the one attacking the mobs at the bunny stage. You're going to miss them and just get their aggro. Make sure you keep hitting them and lure them away from the bunny. As long as they're not dying new ones will not spawn. Making you finishing this PQ extremely fast.

Level 21-41:
    Check the Bishop section under "Leveling along with your Mules".

Level 40:
    In case you got married on your HB Mule you can stop leveling at Level 40, you will level alone by doing Amoria PQs (the Exp is crazy at these levels).

Level 41:
    At this level you should have Hyper Body 30/30, therefore there's no need to keep leveling.
    [​IMG] Future Main
    Create a level 1 character so you can gain NX by voting on this account, don't bother doing anything with it until you have enough NX to HP wash
    [​IMG] Future Main 2
    Create a level 1 character so you can gain NX by voting on this account, don't bother doing anything with it until you have enough NX to HP wash.

Why 2 "Future Main" Accounts:
    Often people change their minds after a while, maybe they picked the wrong class. Maybe they did something wrong with the first Main. This is a backup.
    I personally have 26 of those... so the more the merrier.

Optional:
    [​IMG] Speed Infusion / Time Leap Mule (Buccaneer)
    Class:
    Pirate -> Brawler -> Marauder -> Buccaneer

Why SI/TL Mule:
    Buccaneers have 2 useful skills at the 4th job, Speed Infusion, and Time Leap.
    Speed Infusion: Increases the attack speed by +2 (no longer applies on mages).
    This is incredibly useful for you if you are going to main a character that can benefit from this buff (notice that not all classes can benefit from Speed Infusion as their weapon-speed + booster buff already provide the maximal speed [most notably Night Lords, Shadowers, and Bowmasters]).
    Time Leap: Skips cooldown for all of the skills for everyone in the party (Best for Echo [LV. 200 skill] and Resurrection [Bishop skill]).

AP Build:
    Originally Buccaneers benefit 1.5 avoidability per 1 DEX. MapleLegends revised it recently due to Pure-Dex Buccaneers who had nearly Godmode due to their insane avoidability. These days you can go whatever build you'd like, however I'd highly suggest to get at least 160 base INT so you can heavily HP wash it while it's considered a mule. This way you can main it if you'd ever want to, and you don't even have to struggle with the NX for washing because you keep voting while it's nothing more than a mule.

SP Build:
    Level 10-30: Max Dash is all you need for better mobility.
    As for the rest, check Buccaneer guides for SP builds, though if you're stubborn and wanna make this a pure alt and throw the opportunity of making this character a potential main (which I highly discourage) you can increase Double Shot for ranged damage which can come handy at particular PQs/events.

Levels 120+: Max Speed Infusion and get some Time Leap before you do anything else.

Tips for efficiency maximizing:
    Create this mule only after you've some INT gear, level it with INT so you can also HP wash it a bit to have a survivability of an absolute maniac.

NX Spending:
    Save everything for HP washing (Check HP washing guide under Lexicon).
    [​IMG] Sharp Eyes Mule (Bowmaster/Marksman)
    Class:
    Bowman -> Hunter -> Ranger -> Bowmaster
    OR
    Bowman -> Crossbowman -> Sniper -> Marksman

Why SE Mule:
    Bowmen has the Sharp Eye skill which increases Critical Rate & Critical Damage. This mule is a must-have for any Night Lord.

AP Build & Dice Rolling:
    Efficient Path (Recommended):

Dice roll: At least 10 INT.
    Levels 1-10: Keep pumping INT but make sure you have at least 25 DEX by level 10.
    Levels 10~43: Keep pumping INT until you hit base int of ~200.
    Levels 43~100: Pump all of your AP into MP to generate extra MP that will be used for HP washing later on.

Simply heavily HP wash it with a goal of 15-19k HP, the reason is so you can main it one day if you'll feel to do it. Keep voting on it daily while you use it as Sharp Eyes mule, eventually, you'll have enough NX to finish the washing process without even feeling it.

Bloodmaster Path:

Dice roll: At least 10 DEX.
    Levels 1-10: Get 25 DEX and keep the rest of the AP.
    Level 30 (after 2nd Job Advancement): Pump all of your AP into HP.

SP Build:
    Level 120-129: Max Sharp Eyes

Tips for maximizing efficiency:
    Create this mule only after you have a decent INT gear.

NX Spending:
    The way you're going to manage your NX stock depends on what path you chose.
    Efficient Path:
    Don't spend your NX on anything but AP Resets to MP wash each level after you hit your desired base INT (~200). Check HP/MP washing guide under Lexicon.

Bloodmaster Path:
    If you decided to go for Bloodmaster get a Pet with Auto HP/MP and probably some AP Resets to reset all of the stats into HP.

[​IMG]

Efficiency Tricks:

Amoria PQ Mules:
    People keep telling me I'm a player because I have 12 wives, but truth is I used to APQ like a maniac back in the days to fund leeching my first character (a Shadower). Amoria PQ can be done once every 6 hours on each character, therefore if you'd like to hoard on Onyx Apples you might want to get more than 1 married character. (You can also marry yourself to double efficiency).

Smega/Owl Mules:
    Generally, you can do that on your HB Mule as this character won't require NX at all. However, you can always create another account dedicated for purchasing Smega/Owls.

Solo PQing:
    Henesys PQ and Kerning PQ can be easily done alone, when I do them I usually bring 3 level 21-30 mules to enter all by myself.

Kerning PQ Solo Grind:
    I don't know if you ever paid attention, but the crocodiles at the first stage give you HELLA Exp. If you want to level a single character quickly just get them into the PQ with 2 mules, leave the PQ with them and solo the crocodiles for 30 minutes.

Massive Event Participating:
    I don't know what about you, but when there's an event thing that can be done daily, I do it on 30 characters even if it takes hours to maximize efficiency and become hella rich at the end of it.

Market Crash Abusing:
    Usually during events prices of certain items can significantly go down. Use the opportunity to hoard these items so you can re-sell later (in a month+) for a much higher price. This is including event-exclusive useful items/pots.

Unlimited GTOP100 Voting:
    Go to the GTOP100 vote page after clicking on Red Kimmy and enable Airplane mode for 2~3 seconds then turn it off, refresh the page and hurray! you can vote!

TIP:
    You don't have to log in to your account on MapleLegends website in order to access the GTOP100 vote page, you can copy the link of the voting page from one of your accounts and by the end of the URL, you'll see "Username=YourID". Just change it to the other ID of the other account.

[​IMG]

Conclusion:
    This guide concludes the best tips I could possibly give you to become from a zero to hero.
    That's all I could think of for now. If you believe I missed something or you think there are more efficient ways to do certain stuff please do let me know and I will add it up :)

If you feel like this guide helped you please let me know in the comments!

Credits:
    LirboLirbo - Writing this guide from scratch.
    NiseNise - Adding up the transition of a Leeching Mule into a Bossing Bishop.

• Great Work Great Work x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    9:18 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    MU shouldn't be put under optional imo. The value that it will provide is on par if not greater than HB mule.

Very nice formatting on the guide!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Winnie

Winnie Timer

Feb 22, 2020
    12:18 AM
    Bishop
    -
    All new player need to read this

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    has science gone too far

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    1:18 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I would also recommend the following:

After you get your bishop up to bare minimum, to keep voting on the bishop. While you leech your attacker/wait for it to wash, you should aim to transition your bishop from a leech mule to a bossing mule.

Bishops are in hard demand for horntail, and some organizers even give 120% split to bishops. Even if your attacker is done, having a boss-ready bishop will allow for flexibility and more meso gain. When Pink Bean eventually comes out, bishops will be in even more demand (to boss, rather than a simple leech mule).

Use your NX that you gained from continuing to vote to HP wash your bishop so that you'll survive HT dispel, and whatever PB may throw at you down the line. That and investing in Holy Shield 30 (since you would've already had 30k MP), you'll be perfectly ready as a bossing bishop :D More possible sources of meso generation down the line ^^

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. DarthLord

DarthLord Mushmom

Jun 4, 2019
    12:18 PM
    Assassin
    Wow... OP must have ALOT of free time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    How can I mule in bosses if I only have 1 PC?

8. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I mean mule as in, dedicated to doing that :p run 2x on attacker and 2x on bishop. 4x the splits, and 4x the chance to get a decent drop. If you were to bishop and attacker on the same two runs, that's not efficient :p cus you'll end up only getting paid like a bit more than one person split.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. curryisyummy

curryisyummy Mano

Jun 24, 2020
    Male
    11:18 PM
    curryisyummy
    Thief
    I think you can open multiple client in 1 PC

10. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Not possible in HT, zak, and scarga. You need multiple PCs if you want to mule in those bosses.

11. curryisyummy

curryisyummy Mano

Jun 24, 2020
    Male
    11:18 PM
    curryisyummy
    Thief
    oh I see,..

12. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    While it is true you probably only get splits paid like one person, you indirectly get more splits because less people are being paid. 6 man - > 5 man.

I guess that the better thing to do is join two separate runs that happen at the same time to min max your mesos / time (i.e. you get 100% split from 2 runs spending about the same amount of time as you normally would for 1 run). I'm not sure if the current system lets you do this though.

13. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    3:18 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Regarding the MU mule: Meso Up max level is 20 not 30, meaning you only need to hit level 77 to have it maxed (not 81). Another thing is if you have max Endure (2nd job) on MU mule you don't need ANY pots on it at all, you can just leave it on a rope/ladder.

14. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    LOL yes, but can you really manage it? Especially with all of the stress as a Bishop

Also, thanks for bringing this up NiseNise, I've added this to the guide.

----

To be honest, I agree and disagree.
    Yes, being efficient takes some time to accomplish your main goal a.k.a having a strong Attacker character. However, it will save you A LOT of time in the long run.

Building the base of a building always takes a lot more time than adding another floor.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta

If your bishop has alot of HP, playing it is very easy. Since you don't actually die to dispel and don't need to pay a lot of attention.

Well maybe not very easy, but duo clienting it is very doable since you don't need to pay that much attention to it.

16. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    5:18 PM
    Thanks so much for the tip of having multiple phone browsers. Small addition to this:
    I find that whenever I try to vote on another account on my phone using mentioned method, the first time I try it will always tell me 'you already voted', simply close the tab and try to vote again. It'll go through the second time around :)

Edit:
    Also, for iOS users, here's a list of browsers I find to be 'working' for this method:
    - Safari
    - Chrome
    - Firefox
    - DuckDuckGo
    - Opera Touch
    - Edge
    - Brave
    - Kode
    - Dolphin X
    - Cake
    - Ecosia
    - UC browser

I specifically noticed that ones labeled 'private browser' like Firefox Focus (which I believe are just incognito browsers) do NOT work.

Some of these browsers do work with GTOP but dont work with TopG:
    - DuckDuckGo
    - Kode
    I'll update you guys if I find alternatives for these.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Thanks for noting the browsers, I have the majority of them and they work perfectly aside of AVG and some heavily-secured browsers that don't even let you surf Facebook.

as for DuckDuckGo it works perfectly for me, actually one of the smoothest browsers (using Android here).

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    A ton of people on GMS I knew back then used two computers to run mules so it's perfectly nostalgic to me

19. itsBrandon

itsBrandon Blue Snail

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    12:18 AM
    I was just wondering with the ~90 start MP washing. Does that mean i just keep adding my AP into MP until i hit 30k MP? But won't that make my TMA lower and end up lowering my 1hit potential on certain leeching maps? Or it wont really matter?

20. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    MP washing is adding fresh AP to MP before AP resetting it from MP to INT.