1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make the halloween event rewarding for new players

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Floris, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    6:50 AM
    Hi ~

Since its already the 6th of november and the event is only running until the 27th, is the internet café gonna be buffed or not? In the maintenance thread Kimmy stated it would get buffed 'later'. At this point the internet café is useless and finding a party there is out of the question as nobody has any incentive to go there, and it could just as well be disabled.

That also means for new players like myself who are below lvl 71, the dropping candy is the only part of the event we can participate in.

Since getting to lvl 71 takes over a month for most players, the event is just lacking in the new player department.

EDIT: motivating new players to join the server seems like something you should want to do, at this point it mostly feels frustrating seeing everyone get raffles and awesome rings and being completely left out of all the fun, because of being a noobie. The message this event conveys to new players joining the server is discouraging.

EDIT 2: I realise this is a very 'whiney' thread, but I dont see any reason not to just allow all players to get the rings/raffles. There is something wrong with the mentality here because new players are being excluded solely for not being lvl 71 yet.

Buffing the internet café does not even solve this disbalance in the event rewards as the maps are only usable until around lvl 45, lvl 50 at best.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Jeryey

Jeryey Slime

Nov 3, 2020
    Male
    1:50 AM
    Jeryey
    Marauder
    Tavern
    I know your point but its "not fair" for the new ones to try to "find the dream" to pull off a Whiter or Chaos Scroll and with that just propell you to have gear for wash or to have a "plain" road for the late game...

But i will tell you that sometimes some events it only favors to "High Level" players so the game can still be "likeable" for them and not so much for the new ones (i am a new player right now) and i dont have the awesome luck that my gf has (ws and cs in gachas) but despite to complain just enjoy the game like i am doing (despite that im struggling to know the HP wash meta and those things because we want to enjoy all the things that the game can provide).

Just have fun and try to get some candys dont overdo all of that so you can reach 71+ so you can get the spinner or the rings.

This only thing will make you more upset and you wont enjoy the true nature of Maple wich is more different than a halloween event.

• Like Like x 2
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    9:50 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I'm all for buffing the internet cafe and keeping it a permanent fixture. Social grinding in the early levels is practically nonexistent outside of PQs due to the lack of worthwhile party buffs and the vast offerings of viable solo maps. I wouldn't mind having a place to grind up and meet new players in the early 1st & 2nd job levels. That way I could also build up a buddy list of people to PQ and party train with in 3rd job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    This is a great idea and I think many people would enjoy that! Again, the event is wonderful and I understand not everything can be fair. I was just personally looking forward to the internet cafe and it feels like a bummer that it's just not worth your time.

5. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    It is understandable not every event will benefit every player equally, the disbalance between these awesome rings and the raffles and ~the internet cafe~ just seems rather large.

6. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    I agree with you, I'm definitely still enjoying MapleLegends a lot and an event isnt necessary for that. Just imagine this; you're going to 5th grade and moving to a new school, on the first day your teacher is handing out treats. All the kids who were there the previous year as well get a lovely cupcake with sprinkles and all that, while you as the new kid get a biscuit. It doesn't mean the school doesn't like you or you wont have a good time, but thats kind of the message this event gives off.

7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    As for the level 70 gate to the rings, my guess is that this was to slow people from using their existing event mules (lvl 30+) to harvest tons of raffles. It's never been this easy to guarantee a raffle with only about ~30 mins of farming. It takes a little over an hour to level a new character to 30 with the right strategy. If raffles were available by level 30, people would grind multiple warriors and farm raffles endlessly, throwing off some of the intended balance.

Grinding a new character to level 70 within a week isn't unreasonably difficult. If anything, I would say the lvl 70 requirement should serve as motivation for the new players to grind up to 3rd job as quickly as possible so they can participate fully in this event.

8. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Yeah I thought that this must be the reason its lvl 70 too, but there has to be another way to prevent people from spamming event mules without excluding players.

9. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Should just buff the spawn in the internet cafe maps a little bit to make it competitive with the meta maps outside of the cafe, and either add chairs and other such goodies as a random reward for the 1k point exchange or add a new one for 1.5k or something with actual worthwile things in it.

Currently you have a chance of a random 10/60% scroll for about two days (2x45 mins, after that you cannot use the cafe anymore) of grinding, which is just kindof bad compared to what you can get at 70+ with less effort.

FlorisFloris The lupin map has a portal at the top that takes you to a map with lower lvl mobs (slimes and stuff).

I like the event either way but it's definetly geared towards 70+.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. RT

RT Slime

Nov 23, 2019
    12:50 AM
    I/L Wizard, I/L Arch Mage
    I couldn't agree more with this post. I know they're trying to prevent mules from getting 100 tickets for a single account holder... but this is just another way that MCing is hurting this server. We can't keep balancing the whole game around each player having 15 mules. I don't think people realize how much limitations like this hurt the momentum of new players. When I first came to this server years ago one of the things that kept me playing was the meso infusions I got from the events as level 40 mage. It gets you hyped up and makes you want to keep pushing for higher levels. Its sad to see mules take that away from the players who need it most.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    IMO, internet cafe should have rewarded raffle tickets too. Something like 100 mouses for 1 raffle, maybe? Wouldn't be as afk spammable since it's level restricted/no mage ults. Would also require actual individual grinding.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    I very much agree with this, there should have been some additional reward. It took me 3 days to get a scroll worth 100k. Like even a raffle every 2-3 days instead of every day for 71+ would've been acceptable, but its just so pointless to go to the internet cafe at all. I feel bad for the people who spent time implementing this feature, just for nobody to use it.

13. RT

RT Slime

Nov 23, 2019
    They should just make the 1000 point reward a raffle instead of a garbage scroll... its not like getting 1000 points is a quick task

14. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    They would have to limit the raffle to 1 a day like the lvl 71+ event if they were to make changes. Getting the mouses/meese/mice is pretty fast, maybe even faster than getting the pumpkin slices.

15. RT

RT Slime

Nov 23, 2019
    Idk its not that fast... i can get 100 pumpkin slices way faster. And regardless its not like you could power farm with a high-level character since its a lvl 70 cap. But I'd be glad to have a 1 per day limit eitherway.

16. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Honestly I've spent 45 minutes at zombie lupins on my lvl 46 bucc and gotten like 52 mice = 520 points, so I feel like it would be a raffle every 2 days at the current rates. Unless you are a lvl 60 something mage at the slime/blue mush map maybe, idk.

17. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Just curious, how long does it take you to get 100 slices? I haven't taken exact times but I think I took just over an hour to do so, and then maybe 65-70 mice in the 45 min timer in the internet cafe. Yeah so long as its not farmable to an absurd extent, I would be fine with the implementation and restrictions, whatever they may be.

18. RT

RT Slime

Nov 23, 2019
    At petris I can do 100 slices in like 30-45min... level 60 bucc takes like 1.5 hours to get 100 mice

19. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    You should report that if it happens as that would fall under harassment. People like to be dicks for stupid shit. It's one thing to be salty about mapowner (still doesn't justify being an asshole), its another thing to harass people over an FM spot where they are completely free game to take.

Yeah they should really buff up the internet cafe to have either farm-worthy rewards or decent exp (preferably both), since the state of participating in the event for people under lvl 70 is nonexistent.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020

I agree with you but at level 71+ for Spin man raffle its a daily for only 1 chance and when I've done it a few times all I've gotten were Malady Candies (the lollipop potion things) so its not really that rewarding for only 1 spin a day.. not really missing that much out of it, although RNG could favor a lot of new players I would have to say that level 71+ is kind of a turn off from spinning daily, I stopped farming pumpkin pieces after spinning about 5 times getting the same reward over and over again just it being a different colored Malady Candy..