1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Your feedback and experience of MapleLegends

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kimmy, Dec 2, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:45 AM
    Moderator Post
    I still mostly remember this --- but then can't remember how I even ended up DM you. I think I was already casually talking to you and then started tease ML and things we had =P No regrets!
    ----
    Thank you everyone very much for the replies so far!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. p3rsonman

p3rsonman Mano

Jun 4, 2018
    Male
    4:45 AM
    Resta
    Bishop
    1. Which year did you join MapleLegends?
    I joined in April of 2018

2. How did you found/learn (about) MapleLegends?
    I was playing another server and found it was not providing the experience I was looking for (too easy to level, too easy to make money), and wanted to find a more "authentic" experience to what I enjoyed in GMS back in the mid 2000's.

3. What were your expectations going into playing MapleLegends?
    Sort of answered above, but something more slow paced and challenging. I enjoy this game, so I want to take my time with it and I was drawn in by the lower EXP rates and drop rates.

4. What made you continue playing?
    I've found this to be an enjoyable experience, fairly close to what I liked from GMS. There is no lag, there is no hacking, and I can enjoy the game and play the way I want to.

5. Do you have any goals that keep you going?
    I want to try getting to higher levels than I ever accomplished in GMS, and perhaps try a boss or two (e.g. Zakum/Horntail) if I have the time. Never done one before, other than to purchase a Zhelm.

6. What do you like about MapleLegends (feature, content, etc)?
    The EXP rates, the commitment to providing an authentic experience to GMS while still keeping things fresh and interesting.

7. Your least favourite thing about MapleLegends? (feature, content, etc)?
    I wish HP washing was not a thing - as a casual player it's the single most discouraging aspect of the game. I really want to play ranged characters like an Assassin, Bowman etc. but I'm constantly reminded that I either A) HP wash and thus have to leech my way from 1-120 or B) ignore the HP washing, but inevitably miss out on endgame content. As someone who finds the 1-70 part of the game the most enjoyable (I think the most well-developed part of this game, indicated by the sheer amount of content tailored to these levels), I don't want to skip that part. I want to play the character, not build something designed for HT/PB. At the same time, I want the option to enjoy the endgame content. Perhaps it's naïve to want both.

8. Compared to when you joined, do you think the server has improved?
    Absolutely. I LOVE the HD client option - breathes new life into the game. I also appreciate the constant effort to add content while remaining consistent with providing an authentic experience.

9. What would you really like to see added or changed in MapleLegends?
    As someone who doesn't have a ton of free time to play, I'd like to see more endgame content that is not boss-related. I often have less than an hour to play at a time, and having the option to grind my way to those higher levels is a must because I'm not going to be able to commit to playing for the long periods required to boss very often. Granted, I've never reached these levels, so maybe this content exists, but I'm not aware of it.

10. Anything else you would like to mention?
    Thank you for providing this game, free of charge, for us to enjoy. This has been my "game" for almost 15 years now, off and on. As long as this server is up, I'll be playing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    6:45 AM
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies

June 2018

Googled Maplestory Mac compatible, I think.

I felt pretty confused to be honest because the things that I knew MS to be about seemed to not be what ML was about. Like, seeing KPQ not completely full of people completely confused me.

Having access to the cash shop from voting really surprised me, but added a dimension to the game I hadn't experienced as a kid.

Realizing that the EXP rate would make it possible to reach 4th job and maybe fight Zakum, I decided to go for it. And I got there!

My main character is an NL in HT range, but he has kinda low HP and probably won't make a lot more progress because grinding an NL is poop. So, I've redirected my attention to my bowman, who will have higher HP. My goal is to make him strong enough to do 6-man horntail runs and eventually Pink Bean. He is level 131.

My other goal is to help my guildmates. We're a very friendly guild and I'd love for everyone to get to a point where we can do a lot of the fun end-game content together because I think that'll help us bond :)

I love that all the quests work. I also love the Monster Book, because it's a fun sideproject that gets you to visit all sorts of cool maps. I like the short boat rides too :) Horntail is my favorite part of ML still; I like that it makes you strategize with your friends.

I think leeching is bad for the game. I don't want to spend my time leeching, but so much of the money in the economy goes to leechers that your only option if you want to have very good gear is to sell leech. Leeching also crowds out what would be good grinding spots for people who actually want to grind it out (Petris, Skeles, WR, WS, and 5-6 in particular). It's frustrating trying to get a map and not being able to when in fact there's nobody else even grinding and every channel is taken by a leecher.

And I mean, I bought a couple of hours of leech last week because the high 12x levels aren't that fun.

But I do think that the problem is washing. I think there would be less leeching if people didn't have high base INT... in Old Maple, having an assassin with 6 INT made you weak. Now 120 is a normal number. I feel like if you have 200 INT then getting to level 120 should be basically impossible for you because you're weak AF. But that's not how ML works; you've basically got everyone doing a workaround on their other character. I don't have a solution, but I think that if the game wants to be actually nostalgic then it's got to work out this dual problem of leeching/washing.

Absolutely. Larger player base is generally good for the game. more content (NT, PB) is also good for the game.

Anything that can give endgame players more to do, like more efficient grinding spots. IDK if there's any possibility there.

ML has been very good for my sanity, especially during the Scary Times. I really appreciate the work that the staff puts into it. My comments about leeching/washing are things that I think would make the game better, but I do really enjoy my time here. Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    6:45 PM
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape

Via family/friends, talking about playing Nostalgic Pre Big Bang MapleStory.

Well, just playing good old MapleStory I guess lol, I initially wasn't expecting much.

The Decline of Gaming
    1) New Games today are typically designed with a Paywall system (Seasons Pass, Loot Boxes, Gacha w Real Money, etc etc)
    2) New Games are broken and are not fixed quickly, often having a foiled launch.
    3) New Games are Complacent and crap in general and don't have the spark that 2000 - 2010 games do.

This made me go back to games that were great and stopped me from supporting new games. MapleStory Pre Big Bang was one
    of them and it just so happened MapleLegends did a great job in balancing things (See Question 6 answer for more details)

Keeping it a secret for now but yea I do have some goals in ML! :D

A bit of my Maple Life. When in 2007-2008, I was a Maple Addict, just wanting to get to lvl 200 (but little did I know what was ahead). My account was hijacked when I was a LUK Lvl 58 Mage. I was sad, but didn't break down since I had other games to play.
    After that time MapleStory went from 0.75 to 0.83 and then further on until Big Bang. I saw the state of the game and I got disinterested quickly when I wanted to go back.

6-7 Years after the incident, a friend of mine started playing MapleStory Pre Big Bang again, introduced me to Legends (he isn't playing anymore since he has studies). Tried it, instantly hooked, but more stories was to come, even though I went from lvl 1 to lvl 120
    in literally 1 month without any funding and little knowledge. Now I am starting that Journey again in 2020.

And the magic part: MapleLegends just managed to balance it all. When I was young, I didn't realize how much money I would have to spend to make my current characters the way they are today (and the future) and chances are it would have involved Real World
    Currency trading (which I literally did in 2007-2008 back in Pre Big Bang Maple and the GMs don't care, despite it being in clear violation of their ToS). I calculated and I was kinda shocked. MapleLegends made me realize how disappointed I would have been if in
    2007-2008, I spent that much money, only for MapleStory to turn into garbage as it is today. I will be honest, I will really think twice about my life back then and I would have been devastated back then. MapleLegends was a blessing to me since I did not need to Pay 2 Win
    and it made me see the wrong path in life I was taking in 2007-2008.

And Also:
    2x EXP was like just enough
    (heck in SEA, u had to pay for 2x coupons A DAY), 3 x Quest? Encourages questing, great idea. More importantly, all this was done while still keeping that grinding vibe without one needing to shell out real money to win.

All these reasons combined made me really get attached to ML and any other servers, since ML was not only a "better, non Pay 2 Win" version of PBB Maple, but also showed me how my life was taking a bad turn last time.

Sadly in some occasions, the community (once in a while I get PMs or disturbing/Trolling Whispers), but I am pretty used to it since this is not only beyond the Staff's control, it happens pretty much in every game -
    its more of a matter as to whether the Staff cares to handle it or not, in which many games today (not to mention, back in Pre Big Bang Maple, GMs don't care) don't. I am just doing my best to not escalate it.

Yes, definitely improved.

Nothing much since considering the Staff are not paid doing these. I only worry if some things get too unbalanced and kills the authentic experience.

I do have quite some time to play ML because I work at a gaming cafe! :D
    (Sounds legit considering my boss comes to work to play Dota 2 and WoW. Hehe)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Hydrogen

Hydrogen Red Snail

Oct 17, 2020
    Cleric

Google

I was expecting MapleLegends to be a 'stronger' alternative to other similar private servers. This roughly consists of suitable/creative tweaks to skills, items and meta, decently balanced content and making sure that purpose is given to as many content as possible.

I have not played for long, but seeing new content being added into the server ensures that I am not playing in a stagnating server.

Small and achievable in game goals (Eg, get Squishy Shoes)

The effort made by the staff to communicate with the community. 3x Quest Exp.

HP Washing or Leeching

Yes.

The changes that I would really like to see are mostly related to the point of giving purpose to as many content as possible.
    1. Make other in game maps more relevant as compared to the few maps being the 'meta'. For example, one can consider making a map designed for gaining exp at the cost of having very poor drops. (In your defense, this probably does not work so well)
    2. There should be no 'useless' skills. See final attack.
    3. Allow for more weapon diversity. (This is probably a debatable point)

I think Monster Carnival PQ can be re-purposed into a competitive 'PVP' minigame. Instead of giving exp and usable prizes, 'decorative' prizes can be given for bragging rights. The requirements can also be loosened to allow for all players, but they are restricted in the skills that they can use (say, they can only use up to 2nd job skills or something). Just a rough idea =).

6. XKapach

XKapach Timer

Apr 21, 2016
    Male
    12:45 PM
    Kapach
    Assassin
    Muggles
    1. Which year did you join MapleLegends? - Start of 2016.
    2. How did you found/learn (about) MapleLegends? - From a friend we used to try old school maplestory servers.
    3. What were your expectations going into playing MapleLegends? - A nice way to experience the golden days of old maplestory. Low rates with a serious and true old school maplestory experience, unlike the rest.
    4. What made you continue playing? - Probably trying to get my unwashed NL to 120. Then creating a bishop, and then a bunch of mules, and the list keeps going...
    5. Do you have any goals that keep you going? - Focusing on washing my NL, and gearing up my washed SE so I can boss with it too. Also, leeching myself and others with a Bishop is really nice B)
    6. What do you like about MapleLegends (feature, content, etc)? - Feature and content rich server. Also great community that helped me getting started in the older days.
    7. Your least favourite thing about MapleLegends? (feature, content, etc)? - Well, if I have to mention it, it's how mandatory hp washing actually is. But it's a great experience in its own way.
    8. Compared to when you joined, do you think the server has improved? - Alot.
    9. What would you really like to see added or changed in MapleLegends? - I actually like how it is right now... Maybe reduce AP resets' price? That's never gonna happen lmao.
    10. Anything else you would like to mention? - The best old school maplestory server by far. Leagues above all the rest.

7. MapleBento

MapleBento Slimy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    4:45 AM
    Grizzly
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    I was told by some friends who were leaving a server called ClassicMS for ML once it launched.
    Honestly, it seemed like everything I wanted at the time. Lower rates than Royals but not buggy and pay to win like ClassicMS was.
    Well, I played consistently until early 2017 I believe. I might've been falling off towards the end of 2016 but I can't remember. I mainly quit because I blew up a +5 perfect 1 slot faltz with the first css 1% I used on it jokingly and then rage boomed a 5 str 15 dex lvl 100 shoe. :^) I had lots of great times with the community. Having fun people to play with is the most important part of Maplestory tbh. This game is pretty pointless otherwise and I very much agree with previous statements made about this game being a social messaging app with mini-game content.
    Currently? Absolutely not. I've come to terms with myself that I will never again be an impactful presence in ML or the Maplestory community in general. I'm too invested in other hobbies and people outside of Maple to dedicate the time required to truly succeed in whatever it is that I want to achieve here.
    Um... I like the population. I spent most of my active time on the server when the population was small but that isn't exactly realistic to the OG Maplestory feeling. Also, the content is all really well handled and implemented by the ML team, though I think PB died pretty quickly.
    7. Your least favorite thing about MapleLegends? (feature, content, etc)?
    Despite my statement above, the content. I shy away from the content nowadays because of FOMO. There are so many things to do daily and I'm too competitive to NOT care about missing daily boss runs, etc. Hence why I've come to terms with me never playing this game, seriously at least, again. The time required to be near the top is far more than I'm willing or able to put in. Which is somewhat contradictory to my statement about this game being good for the social aspects but technically is related in the sense that you have to dedicate so much time to developing relationships and maintaining them as well.
    I think that the server has improved in many ways. It may not be a server/game I enjoy anymore but the content is expansive and keeps people busy. There are lots of things to do which is great. Plus the high population makes it so much more unique. It's more like GMS or real life where you have your specific, niche groups of friends and other people and there are OTHER crazy people doing crazy things while you do your every day routine with your every day friends; meeting new ones and losing some along the way.
    Eh, nothing really. Buff PB?
    This is just a personal rant of frustration with myself and my addiction to this stupid game so read it with a grain of salt. Because I have plenty of salt to hand out. (Looking at you, CSS 1%)

I have very mixed feelings about this game; not the server. My biggest problems with the server are not actually issues caused by the staff but rather faults of the MMO genre and Maplestory v62 meta itself. Mules, leeching, perfection. All symptoms of the genre and meta. I really wish I could play this game here and there for the content but I can't. That is likely a fault with me as a person. I don't know if it is pride or what but I can't play this server without wanting to be at the top of the pointless numbers game. Which is hilarious because I main a fucking Dark Knight and not a NL. Every time I come back to it I have plans to make SE, SI, and MU mules and to get my arch mage to 15x to sell ohko petri leech and to make a bishop that isn't my HS mule so I can leech low level chars easily and to sell X amount of leech per day at X rate to buy X scrolls to finish X item and immediately get demoralized and realize that this isn't the way I want to spend my precious, limited time.

It is a second job undoubtedly and sadly I don't love THIS version of Maplestory. I love the Maplestory I experienced as a dumb kid where optimizing wasn't even an afterthought and I didn't care about being at the top because it wasn't important to me. Plus there were hackers and people paying to win and all that stuff preventing from getting there anyway. None of us will truly have that experience again but I'm happy that I got to have the experience I DID have here on ML when I played actively. It was a truly special time that I will look back on fondly and I do want to thank the ML staff for providing me that opportunity. ML was a safe haven filled with friends and fun for me at one point and that is more meaningful than a lot of life experiences I've had. This is great server and I'm glad that people are still finding joy in it to this day. It is bittersweet that I am no longer part of it all.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    May 2015
    Betwixt stream
    Expected to play for summer and quit, ended up playing a couple years, even through the dark ages with 20 people online
    The community back then, dev's/staff was all chill
    Not anymore, quit
    When I still played, the community, content, competitiveness, the challenges.
    Came back for like 2 months and the community is full of snowflakes, GM's seem like they don't know what they're doing and theres perfect gear in every corner, the old school feel is gone and where the server used to be known for being challenging, it now felt as if you're trash if you dont have 21att+ gloves and at least a perfect weapon.
    In my opinion its gone down the shitter. Reasons mostly above
    Change how easy it is to get good gear, bring back the challenging feel that MapleLegends used to have. Its probably way too far gone for it to ever make its return but so be it. The fact that PB was killed a week (?) after release shows that the server has become way too easy.
    In my humble opinion it would be a great thing for MapleLegends to add a new world where people could start over. (Wipe Hype??) dont delete my comment over this pls

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    5:45 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    upload_2020-12-3_13-3-54.png
    check check check check check
    just reminded me of something awhile ago X)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    12:45 PM
    Hero
    ''community full of snowflakes''
    fr though one time i was messing with this guy telling him ill mass-defame him if he doesnt add me to his party and some douchebag said he will get me reported :oops:
    many more such instances, for example calling a random player ''noob'' and he goes apeshit. is this some sort of ptsd caused by too much online gaming or what?

11. makujah

makujah Red Snail

Nov 14, 2020
    Male
    RF, Moscow
    1:45 PM
    Cleric
    October 2020. Yes, just a tiny bit ago.

Googling "Maplestory pre big bang private server" led me to some top P-server chart, probably GTop. Considered between Mapleroyals and this, but didn't quite like mapleroyals features, while this server is almost spot on what I wanted and on top of that offered a ton of stuff I didn't know I wanted until I read that you have it :D

Getting the game I used to play back in the day. It's not EXACTLY the same, as one can't have both pirate update AND the old maps :D But as I said, it's almost all I wanted and then some cream on top!

I'm not playing for long yet, but stuff's engaging so far because most of MS content is new to me - I didn't level even to 2nd job before big bang stuff crashed down on us.

That next level short term, that next job upgrade longterm

What you devised with gacha tickets being dropped, this is absolutely lovely. Also I like all other "custom" and non-GMS content. Cutting carnival pq feels like a right decision. Oh and the HD client! That's insane (even if it took me some forum scouring and discord asking to make it work on my all-AMD PC with a 2k screen)

Maple Island is not the same as the day I first started playing on old GMS. But I think it's the pirate update thing? Anyways, it's a very minor thing.

No immediately noticable things happened yet, it's been like a month and a half XD
    But honestly I'm amazed at the dedication your team has over this server, it feels like all of you are on full time jobs with it, and are very enthusiastic about it.

A proper library of faces and haircuts available on this server added to maplelegends.com/lib would be much more convenient than existing forum thread, where the information is a bit scattered and I'm not sure how up-to-date it is

I wish all of your team all the best, you guys really rock

12. Zwallace

Zwallace Blue Snail

Nov 26, 2020
    Male
    3:45 AM
    Warhorse
    Crusader

13. robert8

robert8 Mushmom

Oct 17, 2018
    Male
    UK
    10:45 AM
    Robert8
    I/L Arch Mage
    Hogwarts

The real Maplestory couldn't run on my laptop as it's too old so googled private servers. Tried the other royals server for about a month and was starting to not like it as it wasn't quite what I wanted. I wanted old school so tried this and stayed.

Old school. Thats all like it use to be like, nothing too different.

The people are friendly and the events are actually good!

Just to see how far I can get level wise, started a few other characters (all still low level) but mainly to relax.

It's all old school with a little change which is good.

The server rates are perfect!

To be completly honest, I would say it has stayed the same. The events are mostly good.

Im probably being selfish but multi client should be banned. Most people have 2 characters going at the same time. However I know the benefits of it (as most of us are adults now with not as much time).

The team is doing a great job!

14. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    10:45 AM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers

From a friend who played on private servers

A pre bigbang server with a small community

A far larger community than i expected and surprisingly little latency.

To level my characters without leech to 4th job and beyond.

The playerbase itself and the continuing excellence in regards to the upkeep and maintenance of the server.

How little people level thier characters without leeching

Yes , Absolutely.

Perhaps more party quests with less focus on combat and more on puzzle solving, that's not a small task however.

The mod team has my thanks for their continued service in maintaining a game i always come back to enjoy wholeheartedly, despite my joking nature on discord and the forums i am grateful the server still stands to this day and hope it will continue to do so.

15. Lilipea

Lilipea Blue Snail

Nov 16, 2020
    Lilipea
    Gtop100 and my brother telling me about the server

A more rewarding/nostalgic experience in maple compared to the higher rate private server :)

I am still quite new to the server but the collaborative community in PQs and around the server has been really enjoyable. And also the quest EXP rate feels rewarding. And the nostalgia of it all (even though I have played Pre-BB servers before, this server feels more 'complete' and rewarding.

Getting classes I don't have much experience in to 4th job, also the monster book ring. Making friends.

I really enjoy the rates and parts of the community, the changes/tweaks made to classes, and the constant updating of the server. I'm really excited about this server :heart: and It has been the closest to what I remember feeling back when I first played the game!

HP washing 100%. As a new player the thought of HP washing makes me feel a bit anxious... I initially wanted to start making a corsair (to kind of left off where I started pre-big bang back in the day) but have been demoralized completely after reading the guides and talking to people in the FM. I enjoy end game content and the thought of how it takes months and months of voting everyday and gathering int gear and stuff like that has put me off. I made a bandit instead as apparently they're the only class that is truly 'optional' to HP wash, with the aim to eventually save meso and NX to wash a Corsair. (since I didn't want to make a mage) And just the thought of having to play a class just to play the class I actually want, makes me feel like not wanting to play TBH... But regardless of that, I really enjoy this server a lot. I am also a bit amazed and disheartened about the leeching meta... (again because of base int and washing) I would prefer to be having a more rewarding and engaging sense of play compared to an AFK one.

Yes, I'm impressed with the regular updates and resets etc.

Other ways to gain HP compared to washing. Like making it truly optional by making gaining HP through more means?

On another note, I really want to see the pet Adriano added hehe (and complete the Craw, Adriano and Bonkey set). Also, less PQ runs needed to obtain the item e.g. Broken Glasses, and incentivize doing more and varied quests (maybe achievement medals? That add HP?!) to encourage exploration and refreshing play. As I feel a lot of people I meet in these PQs get burned out by them because they feel like they *have* to get the item.

I feel that 'No Vote2Win' is a bit misleading... As to succeed in the end game, you need to HP wash. And to HP wash, you NEED to vote everyday for months. HP washing is not nostalgic for the mass majority of people.

But rant aside, I really am enjoying this server and hope to be playing it more and more. Sorry for going on, I know that HP washing is a sensitive topic - I know I am new to the server and I know a lot of people do HP wash and don't complain, but this is just my own view as someone who loved MapleStory pre-bb back in the day and feels a bit disheartened due to this meta that has been created by free NX (I've HP washing quite a few character on other private servers in the past too). Maybe it can be made optional by being able to choose a route? Like you can choose to HP wash the 'classic' way ONLY, or you can choose to gain HP through other means?

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    • 2019 (June)

• Googled maplestory private server rankings -> found ML on GTOP

• Stable, non-buggy client and server
    • Nostalgic experience

• Character progression and friendships
    • I don't really play anymore, but if I did, it would be finishing my perfect NT dag
    • Staff is extremely dedicated, hardworking, and understanding. I know they get a lot of shit thrown at them but they're still courteous and committed to their jobs. I especially like all the thought that goes into event planning and all the work that goes into enforcing the ToS
    • Additional content that was unavailable in v62. I think GMS v62 was great in terms of the general structure of the game, but lacked content
    • I also think GMS v62 lacked class balance. I like a lot of ML's balance changes, but unfortunately there are quite a few that I don't.
      • Likes: buffs to shad, MM, bucc, sair, and the old paladin buffs (before boss HH nerf)
      • Dislikes: summon farming nerf, mannes nerf, SI "bug fix" (aka nerf), dex bucc nerf, the multiclienting nerf from summer 2020

• I get a general vibe of paternalism ("I know what's good for you and you don't") from the staff, which I don't think is necessary and can be frustrating at times. I'll expand this comment into two categories: lack of communication and limiting player success
    1. Lack of communication​
    • I find it very frustrating that drop rates are not publicized, and are changed without communication. Some examples of this include: first job skills having higher drop rates, changing event drop rates and raffle rates during the event, booster affecting drop rate. I think end game players in particular derive a lot of enjoyment through optimizing, and rely heavily on these drop rates. Finding these things out through insider info or hours of data collection seems unnecesary
    • Sometimes it feels like we're being randomly punched in the face with major balance changes, some of which are not so good. Especially for the ones that were later reverted, I think getting feedback before the balance change would have saved a lot of time and grief for everyone
    • When multiclienting was removed in the summer, there was an extremely frustrating lack of communication from the staff on the numerous complaints that really made me feel like I was a kid and my parents weren't telling me things "for my own good"--not the kind of childhood nostalgia I wanted! I don't understand why the decision to revert the change was known by the staff, but was not allowed to be communicated to the players.
    2. Limiting player success​
    • Ever since the mannes nerf, I've gotten this feeling that any time a player finds something "meta-breaking", it needs to be hidden; the reason for this is not to prevent from using your tactic, but to prevent staff from nerfing it. All my least favourite nerfs have been along these lines
    • My main issue with these nerfs is that, from my understanding, they're nerfed because old/high-level players have an advantage over new/low-level players. This doesn't make sense to me because the only barrier to entry is effort. Anyone who makes high-level mules has to put in a lot of effort to level, wash, and multiclient the mule(s), yet they are penalized so that people who didn't put in the effort can match up to them.
    • Regarding balance changes, I think there's an unnecessarily large focus on nerfing rather than buffing. If a certain group is disadvantaged, why not try to improve their situation instead of making everyone else's worse? For instance, couldn't we have buffed other maps instead of nerfing mannes?
    • Overall, yes. Content, staff contributions, community, and client have all improved, but I think the balance changes have had a negative impact

• More communication: more feedback threads like this, ask for more user input (I liked the input thread about changing boss item NPC prices), be open about drop rates
    • Help less successful players rather than nerfing more successful ones
    • I went really deep into the negatives here but I'm just nitpicking. ML is a great server and the staff is incredibly dedicated and involved. If I came off as really negative, please know that that was not my intention :)
    • I worry about the economy of ML; my potentially biased and probably infeasible recommendation is to get someone on the balance team with a background in economics (not me though, I'm unreliable and sometimes a little bitchy)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Chimney wasn't removed; it was never in this version of MS to begin with. Ulu City stuff wasn't in this version of Global MS, but I believe it was in MSEA in an equivalent version.

18. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    1. Which year did you join MapleLegends? June of 2015
    2. How did you found/learn (about) MapleLegends? Top 100
    3. What were your expectations going into playing MapleLegends? A v.62 working into a better v.83 that didn't have the crap Neckson tried to force on players while still keeping the parts that did work. (I'm still waiting on the Maker Skill and Dojo with the Belts - though I know that would require some serious coding and/or recoding)
    4. What made you continue playing? The experience rate was low enough to enjoy the progression of all parts of the game while the experience was high enough to not feel like it was a serious drag like GMS was - requiring lots of 2x exp boosts to make any significant movement forward.
    5. Do you have any goals that keep you going? One major one, yes.
    6. What do you like about MapleLegends (feature, content, etc)? It was the first private server I found where 100% of the quests worked, the interface worked, there were no outstandingly ugly errors that cramped the playability of the game.
    7. Your least favourite thing about MapleLegends? (feature, content, etc)? The Maker Skill is not available.
    8. Compared to when you joined, do you think the server has improved? Yes - greatly! A lot more content has been added since it first went online. The Monster Book Ring was an exceptionally fantastic addition. Having Thailand, Taiwan, and Shanghai added all made the game so much better. It also explained the weird glass shoes dropping from Ligators in GMS (turns out, they copied from another server that had Thailand) and the maddening addition of Kerning Square finally made sense with the addition of Taiwan, Night Market, and Taipei 101.
    9. What would you really like to see added or changed in MapleLegends? I really would like to have The Maker Skill added. It would make it possible for people to customize their gear. This was how Timeless Gear was supposed to be created. Also, the addition of giving your shoes spikes (100 Poison Poopa Needles and a 10% chance) and any cape warmth (100 Ghost Book's Lost Paper and a 10% chance) after doing a special Maker quest from the shoe NPC in El Nath would be nice. Also, the grading of Jewels would make a substantial market for ores. It would need tweaking to the formulas, though, because the original Maker Skill had its problems. The last thing we need are the addition of Monster Rocks. We also don't want to create worthless powders, so either ensuring each powder type has some kind of substantial demand (or not having them at all) is a good step.
    10. Anything else you would like to mention? I think Maker Skill and Dojo are the next two big additions to be made, while cleaning up a lot of the OCD fixes would be the best moves going forward.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    Ulu City was in GMS.

20. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    1.Which year did you join MapleLegends?

From Islander community

Expecting to have an old-school server with all quest working and stable, fuck yeah ML does a great job.

Great content and awesome guildmates

To build an attacker, to relax and do quest, appreciating the lore.

All quest working, many contents such as neo tokyo etc, various available bosses

Transparency, communication, lack of response (no reply) from GM, however seems like this has improved a lot, see GM soliciting more feedbacks and responds to them.

Yes, i dont fucking expect Pink Bean to be ready so soon

Pls add more map and quest from post big bang (such as mushroom kingdom and others anyone can think of) but with exp and reward nerfed, all balance-breaking item has to be removed.
    Can start with low conservative exp first upon implementation.

Keep up the good work, stay safe and have a tsuki tsuki day ♥